Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » The Spellbinder Gallery (Fat Cramer added 03/20/07) (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: The Spellbinder Gallery (Fat Cramer added 03/20/07)
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Glad you enjoyed them, guys. I was pretty happy with how each turned out.

And Cobie, you know what they say about rumors: there's always some amount of truth behind them [Wink]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beagz
5 of 9

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beagz   Email Beagz         Edit/Delete Post     
As always, Michael, you do stunning work. I'm just glad you're willing to share.

--------------------
You can never quit believiing in your dreams ... or yourself.
-----
You GOTTA listen to Levi Kreis.

From: Aggieland | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
This is an Arachne pic that I did way back when. I added some color to it last night [Smile]

-

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

What can I say? I'm obsessed with my own wardrobe [Wink]

This is a little something I threw together at lunchtime. Hope ya like it!

-

--------------------

l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN
"Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong."

Icon 1 posted      Profile for l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN   Email l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Spellbinder:
What can I say? I'm obsessed with my own wardrobe [Wink]

This is a little something I threw together at lunchtime. Hope ya like it!

-

gee wilikers Cru, best costume so far. me likey!!!

--------------------
Judging yourself right is a
destination, i'm just on a journey

http://pnubaumturk.deviantart.com/

From: Yonkers N.Y | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Thanks! I'm actually planning to do a companion costume for Crusader, which will feature many of the same elements (minus the midriff, of course [Wink] ).

--------------------

Spellbinder
Founder

Here is the companion costume for Crusader. I've been tinkering around with it for a few days, and I'm kinda happy with the result. Seems weird to not have a cape, but oh well [Smile]

Hope you like!

-

--------------------

Spellbinder
Founder

Here's a color version of the latest Crujectra pic. Enjoy!

-

--------------------

Spellbinder
Founder

I guess it's been longer than I thought since I've drawn anything!

Anyhoo, here is a contribution I just made to the LMBP 80 Page Giant: Fat Cramer! I had this idea of FC, and her love for coffee, and I imagined her lounging in a huge coffee cup. The cup was actually harder to draw than I expected!

Hope you like!

-

Editted to switch to the color version [Smile]

[ March 22, 2007, 09:25 AM: Message edited by: Spellbinder ]

--------------------

Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
What a dream!

The coffee cup that is. The lady is a bit two dimentional. LoL

Yeah I know. Wasn't funny. [Smile]

Great work. I need to spend more time roaming this forum.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
LOL Great work, Cru. [Smile]

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

I tried coloring it last night, but I haven't quite figured out how to get her arms to look like they're covered in fur. Each attempt only made her look very tan [Smile]

--------------------

Dain
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dain   Email Dain         Edit/Delete Post     
I love your art, Spellbinder. You have a great sense of design and a smooth hand. Your lines give me a sense of controlled flow and liquidity.

I'm sure I'll enjoy all those characters more when I read their LMBP stories.

I also like the vividness and energy of your color work. [Smile]

From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

It's sweet of you to say. I'm afraid I'm not real good with shading and stuff, so I think my art looks kinda plain [Smile] That's why I sometimes try to spruce up the backgrounds [Wink]

And in many cases, I can't take credit for the coloring. I have colored some of these, but alot of them were colored by Legion World's own master colorist, Loser Lad. That's why some of them are in black and white: I'm hoping that Lou will return and I want him to have something to color [Smile]

--------------------

Dain
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dain   Email Dain         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't think it's plain at all. What you don't express in shading, you express through your lines. You art IS "linear" but it's also between realistic and cartoony.
This means you can go either way fairly easily. The exactness and fluidity of your art can be used either to sketch more realistic bodies and faces, full of little details which must be placed correctly, or be used in the greater exaggeration of cartoon characters!

I saw all of your art in this topic at the same time and I noticed that you've gotten more and more comfortable and exact in your line work, that's why I'm emphasizing this aspect of your artistic skills.
One could say you've got the best of both "worlds". Realistic and cartoony!

Please, don't get me wrong. I'm not an authority on art, even though I studied Applied Graphic Arts for a couple of years, but that's how I feel about your art. [Smile]

[ March 21, 2007, 08:20 PM: Message edited by: Dain ]

From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.