Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » FEMS Discussion Thread (Page 8)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: FEMS Discussion Thread
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Late notes on the first challenge...

A race of fliers such as the Kwai has to consider aerodynamics. Perhaps there is a greater meaning in loose ceremonial garb.

I forgot to mention that I did like Tiger's headwrap. (I was reading it as a wrap rather than a structured hat.) But the dress...ouch.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Language Arts Dave
searching...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Language Arts Dave   Email Language Arts Dave         Edit/Delete Post     
I would like to say that, while i voted for Theena to leave, it was mainly because she is the character i had the least connection with, not because you did a bad job drawing her. I thought you drew her face to be quite beautiful... and i felt bad for Shikari.

--------------------
All you need is Love (and a whole big bucket of Money).

From: Lost in the Ozone Again | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
The next challenge is about halfway complete.
I feel like the break-neck pace of previous challenges is a thing of the past. I'm being more real with it all, now. Hang in there, sentients!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Time to vote! Which FEM in Black needs to pack?
Heh.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm... this particular challenge is going to be difficult to decide.

Let me go on record first off as saying that I think Theena's symbiote actually hurt her for the first time, this round. She tries, but she just can't pull of the "sleek" look that is what makes the all-black style appealing.

However, one's vote does not necessarily go to the candidate whose picture one thinks is weakest in this round.

While I was thinking going into this round that it would be time to turn my attention to Flower, I was actually really impressed by her pic this round.

Lady Memory also continues to look great, despite the fact that I've been looking for an excuse to start voting for her all game.

Which leaves Veilmist. And the fact that I find the veil kind of distracting in the latest pic, and that I haven't been too enthusiastic about her for awhile in this game.

So I'm voting for VEILMIST.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
BLACK VINYL (I KNEW IT!)

Dreamy's gorgeous with the styling and fools-get-their-nasses-kicked attitude!

Teacher: She's on a talk show, right? Must be...Spaaaace Ghooooost!

Veilmist: girl, is something going on with your eyes? You did have eyes earlier...right?

Theena: I was concerned about Theena in this one, as I don't care all that much for yellow & black together. Shouldn't have worried. Love the slight tilt-down of the chin. And hey, this space-chick totes her own lighting! I think we're gonna see her in the final....

Lady Memory: You know you're something special and you look like you're the best. A little Nagel, a little new wave, and how I like it. Her skin tone is set off beautifully here.

I have Lady M. and Theena tied for first, then Teacher, and

OUT:

VEILMIST

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Teacher, very narrowly rejected. She just looks less mysterious, sitting calmly in that chair. I know it's her personality to be calm and collected; I'm just looking for something more ominous here.

I liked Veilmist, very femme noir with that veil on top of all the black. Theena sort of shocked with the black and bright contrasts and the drama worked well for me. And Lady M., darkest secrets of all concealed there.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
Somehow Theena didn't work for me this time around, something about her face...

Theena out

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
The Teacher looks a little uncomfortable in black. Presumably because when plants die, they sometimes turn black. Still the Rose, helps offset things.

Veilmist is looking lovely. Hopefully she learns that sometimes less is more as in less skin showing actually makes her more beautiful.

Theena is looking very nice. Her makeup works with the black outfit from a stunning look.

Which leaves Lady Memory. I have to say Black is not her color. Even moreso than with Teacher. Which is kind of surprizing.

Goodbye to Lady Memory.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Schools out! Time to bid adieu to the Teacher.
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Who should go?
Veilmist 2
Teacher 2
Lady Memory 1
Theena 1

Polls remain open...

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
I hate to vote out my favorite of the group but... Theena, babe, you let me down.

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Teacher isn't doing it for me. Sitting, prim and proper and stern looking, I could go for, standing, arms outflung as if to embrace the world, I could go for. But sitting with arms outflung? What's up with that?

Veilmist, as always, doesn't do much for me. (Grandma, what enormous botox-y lips you have!)

Lady Memory is nice, very 'Bond-girl,' but Theena is my favorite here. I like the tilt of her head, and toting around her own stage lighting is a neat touch.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Insomniac Girl
Super-Space-Ditz

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insomniac Girl   Email Insomniac Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Teacher: If she really were part of an FiB organisation, from that picture I'd say she had to be pretty high in the hierarchy. That is, she's at least looking like one used to giving orders - strong-willed, projecting calm determination, and remaining comfortably seated all the while. Love the eye-catching single red rose. What is she doing with her arms, though?

Veilmist: Even the colour-coordinated veil doesn't help - she looks a bit bland to me, somehow. Maybe it really is the eyes, yes.

Theena wins this round, hands-down. The strong contrasts in her picture are really striking. (She also bears resemblance to Nana Visitor/Kira Nerys from DS9, I'd say, who was admittedly less orangey-yellowish in the face, but still... the make-up and especially the hair style remind me of her.)

Lady Memory is looking as if she wants to severely discipline the next person who's unlucky enough to encounter her. Help.

Go pack, Veilmist!

Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Theena is my favorite entry here! I liked Veilmist well enough.

It's between Teacher and Lady Memory for me to cast out--

I'll pick Teacher to go by a hair (calling upon my bald-green-chick prejudice).

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.