Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Straya's Art Spam Thread (Updated 3/19) (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Straya's Art Spam Thread (Updated 3/19)
Lurker Lass
Current status: borderline narcoleptic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lurker Lass   Author's Homepage   Email Lurker Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Straya:
I'm still trying to figure out whether it is fabric in the series, or something else. Drax actually grabs Brainy by "the shirt" in "Phantoms", making it look like it is a shirt and it is cloth. At the same time, everything folds out and transforms when he goes battle bot mode. ...some kind of nanite tech? Dunno.

Blame it on unstable molecules.

quote:
[QB]BTW, im in ur blog, stalkn u on elJay. Heh heh. (But don't worry, I don't bite. Usually. [Big Grin] )

B-but... I'M THE LURKER HERE.

NOW IT'S ON.

[Wink]

--------------------
{This has been a Lurker Lass sighting}

From: Somewhere in the Multi-verse | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Straya
Raging Robophile

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Straya   Author's Homepage   Email Straya         Edit/Delete Post     
I make absolutely no apologies for this.

-

quote:
Originally posted by Lurker Lass:
NOW IT'S ON.

[Wink]

"Now it's on, on 'til the break of dawn!" (Apologies for that much to Dane Cook... And I probably WILL be up until the break of dawn and after...)

[ February 03, 2007, 05:49 AM: Message edited by: Straya ]

--------------------
"Not imbalanced, just creatively calibrated!"

Talks about Transformers too much. Likes robots with plenty of bling, er big guns!

From: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Copycat Girl
Candidate in the #1 Brainy fangirl contest - Finals with Fangirl Girl

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Copycat Girl   Email Copycat Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Brainy looks way too musculer and old than I would have liked but it's still pretty cool. love how you drew the fork too.

--------------------
"He's doomed. We all are. Oh, wanna hear a joke?"

"I'm always thinking about you. Because according to the restraining order, that's all I'm allowed to do."

From: Somewhere in New Metropolis. Got lost looking for Legion Headquarters. | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ojisan
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ojisan   Author's Homepage   Email Ojisan         Edit/Delete Post     
*tries not to laugh*

*fails* lol, that's great. I so gotta try that now. I'm known for doing ridiculously stupid things with my friends.

--------------------
Places to contact me-
DeviantArt: Elementalist-1
HEATBLAST.NET: LexiT
Yahoo: meranova

From: Kent County, Delaware (middle of nowhere) | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Copycat Girl
Candidate in the #1 Brainy fangirl contest - Finals with Fangirl Girl

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Copycat Girl   Email Copycat Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
*shakes head like crazy* NO!! my sister accidentaly put a TWIST TIE in the microwave and it caught on FIRE!! A fork will probably blow it up!

--------------------
"He's doomed. We all are. Oh, wanna hear a joke?"

"I'm always thinking about you. Because according to the restraining order, that's all I'm allowed to do."

From: Somewhere in New Metropolis. Got lost looking for Legion Headquarters. | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Awesomegirl
Queen of Awesome

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awesomegirl   Email Awesomegirl         Edit/Delete Post     
lol, cool!

--------------------
"Do, or do not. There is no try." -Yoda

From: Naboo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Straya
Raging Robophile

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Straya   Author's Homepage   Email Straya         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Copycat Girl:
Brainy looks way too musculer and old than I would have liked but it's still pretty cool. love how you drew the fork too.

Well, I will continue to play with the design...as well as designs with the other Legionnaires, more than likely. The thing is that while I CAN emulate the cartoon style decently, it's not MY style. Even if I drew him younger looking and forced it, he probably would still look a bit different than what's in the show. And truth be told, playing around like this is a lot more fun than drawing the same designs over and over again, especially when I haven't hit up on any real ideas for full on illustrated scenes or anything. ^_^;;

(Brainy Battlebot now in the works...)

--------------------

Talks about Transformers too much. Likes robots with plenty of bling, er big guns!

From: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ojisan
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ojisan   Author's Homepage   Email Ojisan         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Copycat Girl:
*shakes head like crazy* NO!! my sister accidentaly put a TWIST TIE in the microwave and it caught on FIRE!! A fork will probably blow it up!

I already broke a plate and blamed the microwave, I wanna see what else I can get away with, lol. It was one of my mom's expensive Longaberger plates...like Longaberger baskets...If they're known for making baskets why should they make/sell pottery? ANYWAY, I know some other things you could put in a microwave that you shouldn't...^_^

--------------------
Places to contact me-

From: Kent County, Delaware (middle of nowhere) | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lurker Lass
Current status: borderline narcoleptic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lurker Lass   Author's Homepage   Email Lurker Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Well, I will continue to play with the design...as well as designs with the other Legionnaires, more than likely. The thing is that while I CAN emulate the cartoon style decently, it's not MY style. Even if I drew him younger looking and forced it, he probably would still look a bit different than what's in the show. And truth be told, playing around like this is a lot more fun than drawing the same designs over and over again, especially when I haven't hit up on any real ideas for full on illustrated scenes or anything. ^_^;;

Pleasepleasepleeeease continue playing with the style. I love seeing your interpretations of the design - they're so fun. And really, if all fanart tried to copy the original style exactly, then it'd get... kinda boring after a while.

(Besides, I like my Brains a little meatier. No, not as meaty as that. Or as that. Uh..)

Brainiac 5! What are you doing with a primitive hunk of trash like a microwave? Those belong in the dump. Either Legion HQ isn't as well funded as we think (R. J. a pinch-penny?!), or someone's antique collection just got knocked down a piece.

Archaic hilarity! I love his FACE.

--------------------
{This has been a Lurker Lass sighting}

From: Somewhere in the Multi-verse | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ojisan
Substitute

I kinda figured he was studying it...And someone decided to see what shouldn't go in it...

--------------------
Places to contact me-

Straya
Raging Robophile

quote:
Originally posted by Ojisan:
I kinda figured he was studying it...And someone decided to see what shouldn't go in it...

I probably should have used "microwave emitter", but for one...I was too brainfried. And two...the joke actually came to me out of a short Transfic I read a while back. I wish I could remember who wrote it, but if I find out, I'll post credit. Anyway... Decent sized explosion inside Autobot HQ and Wheeljack, mad scientist inventor and engineer, reports to Ratchet, Chief Autobot Medic. Ratchet, irritated to see his friend in shambles and suspecting some experimentation with explosives yet AGAIN, demands to know what happened. Wheeljack responds that, "Some fool put a fork in the microwave." ...of course, what use does a twenty foot tall alien robot have for a kitchen appliance like a microwave? XD

quote:
Originally posted by Lurker Lass:
Pleasepleasepleeeease continue playing with the style. I love seeing your interpretations of the design - they're so fun. And really, if all fanart tried to copy the original style exactly, then it'd get... kinda boring after a while.

Oh, definitely will. Been toying with the idea of Christmas images, recently....

--------------------

DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Great stuff Straya! I'm glad you started your own thread to spotlight your talent! [Smile]
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ojisan
Substitute

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ojisan:

I probably should have used "microwave emitter", but for one...I was too brainfried. And two...the joke actually came to me out of a short Transfic I read a while back. I wish I could remember who wrote it, but if I find out, I'll post credit. Anyway... Decent sized explosion inside Autobot HQ and Wheeljack, mad scientist inventor and engineer, reports to Ratchet, Chief Autobot Medic. Ratchet, irritated to see his friend in shambles and suspecting some experimentation with explosives yet AGAIN, demands to know what happened. Wheeljack responds that, "Some fool put a fork in the microwave." ...of course, what use does a twenty foot tall alien robot have for a kitchen appliance like a microwave? XD

I don't know, but it is funny ^_^

--------------------
Places to contact me-

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:

-

What a dynamic pic Straya!

Great thread and I can't wait to see more of your talents!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Just wanted to check in and thank you for the new images. I love it.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.