Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Straya's Art Spam Thread (Updated 3/19) (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Straya's Art Spam Thread (Updated 3/19)
Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Marvel   Email Kid Marvel         Edit/Delete Post     
Like Dean said [Smile]
quote:
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:
Just wanted to check in and thank you for the new images. I love it.

Awesome work (as always)

--------------------
Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.

From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Straya
Raging Robophile

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Straya   Author's Homepage   Email Straya         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, NON-LEGION art incoming...

I figured I would go ahead and post this here, however, because it's an image of my lycanthrope avatar, Aestraya. She usually wears almost full, high-tech body armor, but I worked this version out to have her sporting Wastelander style gear from Jak 3.

-

Her ears are supposed to be more tiger-like, but I went ahead and extended them to look like Jak's people's ears.

I'm sort of hoping I can turn this into a series-kinda thing on the side, as I'd like to do a Legion version of my online persona as well.

[ February 03, 2007, 05:48 AM: Message edited by: Straya ]

--------------------
"Not imbalanced, just creatively calibrated!"

Talks about Transformers too much. Likes robots with plenty of bling, er big guns!

From: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lurker Lass
Current status: borderline narcoleptic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lurker Lass   Author's Homepage   Email Lurker Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
No one's commented yet? Odd - though maybe just for the fact it isn't Legion? Either way, despite not being the biggest fan of most anthro art, I like your drawing style and I love the outfit. That, and a decent handle on anatomy! It's so little to ask for, and yet so very important.

That expression is the same one my cats give, every day of their lives.

--------------------
{This has been a Lurker Lass sighting}

From: Somewhere in the Multi-verse | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Straya
Raging Robophile

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Straya   Author's Homepage   Email Straya         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lurker Lass:
No one's commented yet? Odd - though maybe just for the fact it isn't Legion? Either way, despite not being the biggest fan of most anthro art, I like your drawing style and I love the outfit. That, and a decent handle on anatomy! It's so little to ask for, and yet so very important.

That expression is the same one my cats give, every day of their lives.

Yeah, wasn't sure how it would be taken since it's not Legion, but it is my avatar, so I figured I'd post it. I've been working on a Legion version of her, as well as finishing the Brainy Battlebot I began a little while ago, but it's been a really rough week. It might be a bit longer before I post anything of real interest, again. =/ Thanks for taking the time to comment, though!

--------------------

Talks about Transformers too much. Likes robots with plenty of bling, er big guns!

From: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Copycat Girl
Candidate in the #1 Brainy fangirl contest - Finals with Fangirl Girl

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Copycat Girl   Email Copycat Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
I just didn't feel right commenting on it since I had no idea what it was. Can't wait to see the finished Brainy Battlebot though.

--------------------
"He's doomed. We all are. Oh, wanna hear a joke?"

"I'm always thinking about you. Because according to the restraining order, that's all I'm allowed to do."

From: Somewhere in New Metropolis. Got lost looking for Legion Headquarters. | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Straya, that picture's great. [Smile] And don't worry about putting pics of your alterego up here; there's a couple of threads devoted to that kind of pic around here someplace. I've been thinking of doing an Arachne pic, myself.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Straya
Raging Robophile

Again, thanks for the commentary, everyone. I haven't been around much lately because the last month was kind of crazy-go-nuts for me, to quote Strong Bad. Aside from the usual holiday complications of Christmas shopping, bits of family drama and all that, I got the bug that's been going around and one of my pets fell ill and died. That was $170 in vet bills down the tubes, but if I thought it would have saved his life, I'd do it again in a heartbeat. My fiancé and I are also trying to plan a move to an apartment over the next month, month and a half or so, so my presence here might be sporadic from time to time. (And hopefully the incoming ice storm this weekend won't cause us a major power outage, either.)

Anyway, more personal avatar art...this time OF a LoSH nature.

-

I wanted to keep it simple, more cartoon-styled, though I didn't have any references at the time to really push it over the edge. Aestraya would be a lot like Timberwolf, with abilities such as heightened senses, claws/fangs, great strength and speed, etc. I also gave her a pair of beam sabre like swords that attach to her forearms when not in use. We'll attribute the design and creation of those to Brainiac 5, but the character has always been a melee fighter, choosing close range weapon combat over firearms.

I'll likely never write LoSH fan fic with her in it, though.

[ February 03, 2007, 05:47 AM: Message edited by: Straya ]

--------------------

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
I just looked through this all. You have some very nice stuff, Straya! thanx for sharing.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Very nice. [Smile] She looks really tough. Definitly LSH material.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Straya
Raging Robophile

Ho boy. It's been a little bit of a while, hasn't it? *digs up thread and throws forum dust up all over the place* I figured since we'll be getting to see "Brain Drain" later today, I should get back on that sketch of Brainiac 5 in Battlebot mode that I kept mentioning/promising. It's still not done, but it looks better than it did and I'm seriously considering a run through with Illustrator to ink it digitally. (And I have been making art, lately, just not Legion-related art, specifically. Lots of Transformers stuff. And some art based on the Jak & Daxter games. Hee.)

-

Right off, it's not canon battlebot mode. I really, really wanted to put some Transformers influence in there, so I started working in joints, hip sockets, etc. that would add a more "giant freaking robot" feel. I also let a more Mega Man X feel influence his head by adding the antennae with side bolts on the helm. I also tricked the hell out of his left arm as an extendable projectile weapon (even though it's so messy looking right now it's kind of hard to tell what the frag I'm doing with it, but I'll continue to clean up further).

And really...because it's just not good enough for this Brainy fangirl that the guy is the smartest one of the bunch... I had to go and make his "alt mode" (or true form if you want to call it that) as bad aft looking as possible. If the 12th level intelligence doesn't get you, the bottom of one of those big feet just might. *grins*

On another note, I'll have to go back through and change all the image URLs on my previous posts. I recently lost my domain name (sylversword.com) and all attempts to get it back have resulted in failure, so I've been forced to use my host's direct URL for linking and images. I really need to think up a new domain name and once I have one, I'll be getting it for free through my current host. The problem is thinking of something artsy, snazzy and hip sounding that would make a good base URL. Uh...suggestions welcome if anyone has them? LOL.

[ February 03, 2007, 05:50 AM: Message edited by: Straya ]

--------------------

Awesomegirl
Queen of Awesome

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awesomegirl   Email Awesomegirl         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, it definetly LOOKS like transformers. Nice work!

--------------------
"Do, or do not. There is no try." -Yoda

From: Naboo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
What an awesome sketch! Even though there's very little of it showing, you can totally tell that that's Brainy's face, somehow. I'd love to see it inked! I'd totally like to color it!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Straya
Raging Robophile

quote:
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:
I'd love to see it inked! I'd totally like to color it!

I'm thinking digital inks at this point, but I'll post 'em up if I can get 'em done (and you're welcome to snitch 'em for a color job if I can get it that far, no problem there!). I just keep cranking out sketches and thinking I'd like to finish all of them to some degree... Curse my job for taking away art time! Bah!

--------------------

Straya
Raging Robophile

Submitted for The Allspark's March Art Challenge: "Crossover"...

"In light of the annoucement of the upcoming Avengers/Transformers comic crossover, this month try drawing a TF crossover of your own choosing! Any franchise, series, comic, whatever - just draw a crossover!"

My entry..."Ride the Lightning"...Shrapnel versus Lightning Lad!

-

It is the 31st Century. The battlefield is Earth's New Metropolis. Not long after Brainiac 5's forced contact with the "hive mind" of his race, the super logical Coluans learn of their wayward unit's location and find that not only has his contact with humanity tainted his mind, but also the hive mind on the whole. The result is chaos on Colu, and unable to properly cope with what they consider an invasion of their way of life and minds, the Coluans make plans to invade Earth and destroy the source of their aggravation, taking Brainiac 5 back in the process.

Knowing, however, that Brainiac 5 has made powerful allies during his time away, including the legendary hero of the past Superman, the Coluans build their own time travel unit and seek forced assistance from a past and alternate universe. In their search for power, they locate and "borrow" several larger mechanoid beings with incredible strength and capabilities, forcing a connection upon them with the hive mind to better control them.

And thus the Coluan-Decepticon invasion of Earth begins.

Overrun and outgunned by the massive Decepticon forces, the Legion of Superheroes, the 31st century guardians of the United Planets, is forced to take drastic measures. After learning where the Coluans found their new slaves for destruction, Brainiac 5 modifies and reactivates his time travel device to reach the home time and plane of the Decepticons in order to find a way to stop them and send them back.

Can Lightning Lad, Superman and the other Legionnaires hold the Coluans and their Decepticon "allies" at bay long enough for Brianiac 5, Saturn Girl and Phantom Girl to make contact with the Autobots, the enemies of the Decepticon forces? Will the Autobots consent to a leap forward across time and space to battle the Decepticons and Coluans in New Metropolis? And what will Megatron do when he discovers the identity of those alien beings who stole half his troops...?

[ March 20, 2007, 05:17 AM: Message edited by: Straya ]

--------------------

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Marvel   Email Kid Marvel         Edit/Delete Post     
God damn you're good! [Drool]

--------------------
Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.

From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.