Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » RPM Discussion Thread (Page 21)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25   
Author Topic: RPM Discussion Thread
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Buh BYE! Marte

IK II and Jughead. I agree with the comparison. About time he loosened up a bit. It appeals to me. The moping around act was getting old.

Dawnstar. hmmmmm. To me it just seems to clash with her eyes and she hasn't shown much risk with her hair in this competition.

Night Girl. I agree with Tamper, this is her color. Could have been a bit more subtle. I blame Spiffany on this one, subtles never been his style.

Gas Girl. Same deal as Nighty. I prefer a bit more subtle but the color works.

Reject: Dawnstar

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dain   Email Dain         Edit/Delete Post     
The judges' comments were enjoyable as usual. I love how the entire contest is almost like a story and things happen with the judges too. [Smile]

My vote goes to Dawnstar. While the jewel reminded me of the star beautiful Dawny had on her forehead in days long past (but never forgotten)it didn't "feel" like Dawnstar, and the rest of the contestants looked much more comfortable.

Lydda is incredible! What a lady! A real gorgeous diva! I'm sure the Emerald Empress would agree if she were a judge!

Tal is a doll! She never seemed like a shy girl to me, but here she is definitely happy but a bit shy, a bit embarrassed which makes her even cuter. Exquisite!

Jacques as Jughead? [LOL] Well, he seems relaxed and enjoying himself. He gives me the impression he's laughing inside. Nice. [Smile]

[ March 15, 2007, 10:18 AM: Message edited by: Dain ]

From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Night Girl-- I agree that it's a bit too much, but I think it still works.

Gas Girl-- She, however, could have gone with a bit more than just the earrings. It also looks like the camera caught her before she was quite ready.

Dawnstar-- The look on her face is actually a bit weird, and I think the jewel is kind of distracting. I guess it's just a kind of weird choice to have attention focused on your forehead of all of you assets.

Jacques-- I kept think he didn't quite look like himself, but I couldn't figure out why. Maybe it's the Jughead comparison.

Reject: Gas Girl.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
Lydda wins this challenge, hands down. Great picture. Yes, it's all a bit much, but I don't think that's a bad thing.

Gas Girl is also very good. All that red, and the vapor on her head, she looks like she's smouldering

IK2: I'm not a big fan of Jughead, so I didn't catch on the joke early on. A bit goofy, but OK.

Dawny: Didn't like this picture at all. It's that 'heroin' look that was making headlines a few years back, she looks literally sick. Hate that style.

I vote to reject Dawnstar.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Heh. When I first saw Tal's gaseous "hair" back in the 80s I had thought it was some strange fashion fad. Like an extreme 30th century equivalent of a new wave/Cyndi Lauper/Sinead O'Connor 'do.

Still can't shake that impression, but I like it anyway, especially in a close-up sketch like this one! [Big Grin]

[ March 15, 2007, 11:39 AM: Message edited by: Dain ]

From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Huh. I really liked that challenge. [Big Grin] I feel like Dawny and Gas Girl's expressions didn't quite match up with this challenge. And Lydda had a bit more 'bling' than necessary...

But I feel like Jaques was just sort of there. No spark. No magic. Nothing special about his image or jewelry. And I do realize it's a bit harder with a guy but still.

IK2 gets my vote out.

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Lydda, as always, owns my heart. And any other part of me she wants to claim.

While Lydda went 'heavy' on the jewels, Gas Girl went completely minimal, and it really worked for her.

Dawnstar also favored a minimalist look, and I really love the crystal / stained-glass look to that star on her forehead. Beautiful.

IK2. Man, disappear already vanishing boy.

Vote out Invisible Kid 2: Revenge of the fashion-impaired.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Thank you for the votes and comments!

It's fun to have the judges back. Seriously, I start out just expecting them to judge the contest, and some kind of muse comes along and gets me going on their sub-plots! I had NO idea Marte was going to have such an emotional reaction to Gim's elimination. I had no idea she was going to turn to glass. I had no idea she was going to shatter!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I vote to reject Dawnstar.

She is trying to pull off the regal look, but looks like she is sucking a lemon. I do like her jewel.

Night Girl choose the right color jewel to suit her. But I don't see Lyddia with long fingernails.

Gas Girl looks sophisticated and sulty.

Invisible Kid II looked like he was having fun playing King.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I vote out IK2. He looks like a frat boy who's been raiding the costume department at the local college's theater.

Gas Girl was my favorite of this round-- though I loved Dawny's jeweled forehead piece (does a piece of jewelry worn there have an actual name?) and loved even more the detail in her eyes, something about her face was off, for me. I'm not sure what.

Who knew Lydda was such a ham? Guess the choice of a bouffant hair-do in the 31st century should've been a clue.

Poor Marte! I hope she appears whole and hale before the competition's over. I guess now the rumors about her falling to pieces during times of stress while president can be confirmed. Is this a sort of negative super-power, one she gained when kidnapped all those years ago?

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hunt Drouin
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hunt Drouin   Email Hunt Drouin         Edit/Delete Post     
Jacques was only doing his best with what Lester gave him.

Lydda was by far the best this round!

Dawnstar...traditional.

I vote out Gas Girl.

From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Sketch Lad said
quote:
It's fun to have the judges back. Seriously, I start out just expecting them to judge the contest, and some kind of muse comes along and gets me going on their sub-plots! I had NO idea Marte was going to have such an emotional reaction to Gim's elimination. I had no idea she was going to turn to glass. I had no idea she was going to shatter!
Isn't it strange and thrilling when they do that? I've felt it when writing my stories and novel(s). It's like the characters have a mind and life of their own regardless of what the "author" has in store for them, and they just do what *they* want! [Smile]

That's one reason, among many, why I'm enjoying these contests so much. The unexpected can happen either *in* the contest itself, or through the judges!

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
I reluctantly vote Dawnstar out. The other two ladiess are just so dramatic and Jacques so funny, I couldn't reject them.

What is wrong with Marte lately?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Language Arts Dave
searching...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Language Arts Dave   Email Language Arts Dave         Edit/Delete Post     
Jacques

--------------------
All you need is Love (and a whole big bucket of Money).

From: Lost in the Ozone Again | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quick tally

Dawnstar: 5 votes
Invisible Kid II: 4 votes
Gas Girl: 2 votes
Night Girl: 1 vote

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.