Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Shiny spiffy graphics tossed your way. With a side of awesomness (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Shiny spiffy graphics tossed your way. With a side of awesomness
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
Ferro Lad's sacrifice is amazing! It almost looks like there is an eye in the middle of the picture. Not sure if it is really there (as there isn't more to it than the eye, it's not like Andrew's mask is visible), or if it is the center of the Sun Eater (like the eye of a hurricane).

I also like the Reflecto one, with the images of Clark and Jo spliced in! And the Starboy one really seems to capture the state Thom's been in during this run of JSA. Like his mind is reeling...

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Very effective. I like the way Ferro Lad's left arm is molten-coloured. Didn't catch the eye shape until I went back after reading OC's comment. Shattered is good too with the crack. Holding On - a different view of the Phantom Zone, with colours - usually we just get sort of transparent characters floating around or something grey; this really makes it seem like another dimension with a lot of confusion (mental confusion) and no substance.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Probably the onlu use of reboot Ferro that I like and the Dreamy one actually makes Feisters Dreamy tolerable. Loved Feister's work but remember the uproar about that cover?
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
When I look at that Feister image of Nura, I see Tinya (the intended subject). But what was the uproar?

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Acid Digestion Lad
Legion hopeful

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Acid Digestion Lad   Email Acid Digestion Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Ya know I didn't know there was an uproar honestly. If i did I would have used a different pic..xD

So here's some more really spiffy stuff. One thing I will say before I post is that I've a theme of sorts, showing different sides of legionnaires. If anyone has any suggestions lemme know.

DC Comics: Legion History

-

DC Comics: Legionnaires

-

-

DC Comics: Chronos

-

The James one is really there because I'd missed the character even tho' I like his sister as a character as well. Oh and about the Jan one, the crystals are indeed supposed to be a reference to Trom. The Chronos one is purely because I'd wanted to do something else with that backround and it kinda looked like the timestream to me xD. I hope ya like the stuff guys.

[ August 29, 2008, 11:06 AM: Message edited by: Acid Digestion Lad ]

From: Bismoll, baby! Yeah!! | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Simply stunning:

-

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Acid Digestion Lad
Legion hopeful

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Acid Digestion Lad   Email Acid Digestion Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah man, that was a really great turn out when I was making it. I still groove on how these are all turning out. Two new ones and a fun unrelated one.

DC Comics: Legion history with a twist

-

DC Comics: Legion of Superheroes/Time Travel

-

Food Network : Iron Chef America

-

The "Lost Generation" one is basically me just missing the Reboot team, and wanting to have a take on their timeline being retcon-punched out of existence. The Moment in time banner is just something I wanted to have fun with...and why i was looking for pics of time bubbles xD. The Iron Chef one is just for fun really.
Enjoy you all.

From: Bismoll, baby! Yeah!! | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

The Ferro Lad image is really striking.

Also, I'm amazed at the vivid coloring on the Time Bubble image.

Great job!

Have you considered a Great Darkness Saga banner?

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
I like Lost Generation. It can be taken a few ways - the DnA legion left in limbo, Cos off somewhere in time, dead legionnaires....

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Acid Digestion Lad
Legion hopeful

I've been toying with the idea of how exactly to work out a great darkness saga banner or two, as well as the other "Darkness" saga's in the Legion.

Here's four for today ya'll.

DC Comics: Legion Romance

-

DC Comics: Legionnaires

-

-

DC Comics: L.E.G.I.O.N.naire

-

That's it for now you guys, lemme know what ya think.

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Bouncing Boy has a Japanese Anime look about him.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Yeah, where did that picture of Chuck come from?

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Acid Digestion Lad
Legion hopeful

I found it the same place I find like almost all of my pics, ya know unless I get them myself. I found it via comicvine. On a somewhat related note..now that, that's taken care of ya'll mind..ya know commenting on the work/ banners? xD
Sketch Lad
Advisor

I went to comicvine and searched for some of my favorite characters. It's always fun to find my art in places I never even knew about.

Okay, so I love that painting of Night Girl, so that's my favorite of this batch. Not to complain, but I sorta miss the trio of images you were doing before.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Acid Digestion Lad
Legion hopeful

Well I'm pretty much done with that set man. I know for a fact that I don't have that same backround , at least I don't think so. I have like two or so planned I just have to play around with what I had in mind. What I've been doing now is actually more closer to what I normally do, but if you want to see something specific with that type of vibe let me know man and I'll see what I can do.

Usually I'll alternate between like one or maybe three at the max, images in a banner. Sometimes I'll have just one as I've been doing recently. Anywho I've got some stuff that I can post that may go over pretty well here that's similar to that vein. Along side some newer things as well.

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.