Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Brainy/kara love (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Brainy/kara love
kidflash2fan
could be rabid

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidflash2fan   Author's Homepage   Email kidflash2fan         Edit/Delete Post     
i miss this couple with a passion so im starting a thread
 -

i want more love for them, enough love that dc editors bring back silver age supergirl back

--------------------
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

i do commissions

From: ny | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Nice pic!! Is that your work, Kidflash2fan?

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Love it!
Brainiac and Kara were the greatest couple ever in the Legion's universe. I don't think anyone's been able to write B5 correctly since Kara died in CoIE. His connection to her is what tied him to his humanity, the uncontrollable emotional connection confused him and made him vulnerable, in other words a normal male teenager.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidflash2fan
could be rabid

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidflash2fan   Author's Homepage   Email kidflash2fan         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Jerry:
Nice pic!! Is that your work, Kidflash2fan?

yeap and thank you

--------------------
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

i do commissions

From: ny | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Lovely pic.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
I like his boots.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
very nice work!
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidflash2fan
could be rabid

quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Kid:
Love it!
Brainiac and Kara were the greatest couple ever in the Legion's universe. I don't think anyone's been able to write B5 correctly since Kara died in CoIE. His connection to her is what tied him to his humanity, the uncontrollable emotional connection confused him and made him vulnerable, in other words a normal male teenager.

i agree, but i think most people just don't know how to write a smart nice guy i think they just took the easy way out but making brainy mean but killing kara just gave an excuse to make him mean and keep him that way

--------------------
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

i do commissions

Yk
between boots

Pretty much. Giffen and company even managed to reflect it in the 5YL relationship between Laurel and Brainy but it still didn't have the immediate audience connection that Kara/Querl had.
When he was touched by Kara, Querl was a character we could empathize with, a guy we could understand. Without her he is just an arrogant know-it-all that you want to smack in the face.
DC's thrown out any chance of ever seeing that happen again and it's a pity...unless there's a chance that undoing the Crisis will also undo the deaths of some of their classic characters but I don't actually hold out any hope of that.

As it is I think this is the last time we'll ever get to see any version of these time-crossed lovers:

Click for fullsize image

I'm not sure even the Johns retroboot can give us this back.
*sigh*

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidflash2fan
could be rabid

NO i hold out hope
 -

they have to bring her back

--------------------
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

i do commissions

Yk
between boots

I love your work.

These make me smile.

kidflash2fan
could be rabid

quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Kid:
I love your work.

These make me smile.

thanks that a very nice thing to hear.

--------------------
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

i do commissions

Kid Charlemagne
Frisky Perchlorate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Charlemagne   Email Kid Charlemagne         Edit/Delete Post     
I like the pictures. [Brainiac 5] [Supergirl]

I wish they would undo the whole sprocking continuity ever since the chowderheads running DC in the mid-80s okayed Stimpy Byrne's reboot of Superman. Some great stories have been told in the later continuities, but the Legion has never fully recovered from the removal of Superboy.

Why "Stimpy"? "DON'T TOUCH IT! IT'S THE HISTORY ERASER BUTTON, YOU FOOL!!!" [LOL]

Speaking of chowderheaded editorial decisions, they finally did give us back Kara Zor-El--and then turned her into Britney with superpowers.
KAAAAHHHHNNNNN!!!!!! [Mad]

--------------------
If your klordny lasts longer than 4 hours, seek medical attention.

From: Arkansas Province, Baaldur | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidflash2fan
could be rabid

quote:
Originally posted by Kid Charlemagne:
I like the pictures. [Brainiac 5] [Supergirl]

I wish they would undo the whole sprocking continuity ever since the chowderheads running DC in the mid-80s okayed Stimpy Byrne's reboot of Superman. Some great stories have been told in the later continuities, but the Legion has never fully recovered from the removal of Superboy.

Why "Stimpy"? "DON'T TOUCH IT! IT'S THE HISTORY ERASER BUTTON, YOU FOOL!!!" [LOL]

Speaking of chowderheaded editorial decisions, they finally did give us back Kara Zor-El--and then turned her into Britney with superpowers.
KAAAAHHHHNNNNN!!!!!! [Mad]

awesome a stimpy joke you dont get them that often

i want that sliver age kara back the one with history the one that had depth

they could make it easy that she was in the 30th century with amnesia

the that steel age supergirl whore is not kara.

--------------------
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

i do commissions

Yk
between boots

Click for fullsize image
Jim Mooney's Supergirl was always SO cute.

This is unfinished but I want to share it anyway.

Click for fullsize image

I've got another version in the works that I should be done with soon.

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.