Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Abstract LMBP (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Abstract LMBP
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
In the spirit of the Abstract Legion thread, I wanted to take a shot at applying the same style to my favorite Legion of all... you guys!

This is by no means intended to be all inclusive - so apologies to anybody I overlooked - it's just the folks with whom I've had the most interaction over the past couple of years.

A couple credit notes on the color schemes:

- Fat Cramer, Cleome, Mattropolis and Crymsun came from Lash's Fandango thread

- Candle and Cali came from Joe Boy's A-Z thread (with Candle redesigned by herself)

- Lardy and Sketch came from a drawing by Sketch many moons ago.

- Set was pulled from Wikipedia [Smile]

- Suddenly Seymour and Karie are photo-referenced (because Seymour was the first LWer I ever met and he was wearing that costume at the time... and Karie... well... I just really dig that fez!)

In any case...

-

A free tour of Legion Headquarters to anyone who ID's them all (void where redeemable).

[ December 04, 2010, 08:21 PM: Message edited by: Exnihil ]

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm almost certain I have Cramey, Cleome, Mattropolis and Crymsun spotted based on the memory of my designs...

Cramer is: first row, # 9?

Cleome is: second row, # 5?

Mattropolis I am sure of: second row # 10

I'm also sure of Crymsun: bottom row, last figure that isn't giant. [Smile]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

You know your designs, Lash. [Smile]

Actually, there's one other small fandango swipe, as well. Quislet Esq. is wearing your collar and tie.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Hee!!! I see that now and love it! [Smile]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
The ones I'm most sure of are edie and myself, top row, 4th and 5th respectively. I think 3rd on same row is Lash.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Jeepers! These are harder than I thought they would be! There's a bunch where the LSH equivalent is obvious, but I can't come up with an LMBer to go with them!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
I know the first five are Nighty, Cobie, Lash, EDE & Lardy.
I'm stuck after that.

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
First row: Nighty, Cobie, Lash, me, Lardy, Abin, Quis, ??, Cramey, Kent, ??, Sketchy, ??, Pov
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, I found me! Third row, first one!

Is that Rockhopper Lad, after Abin and Quis?

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I think I'm in the second row, #1 and jim is the giant on the end of rows two and three.
kidflash2fan is in the third row, #10, I think.

Is Space Ranger #11 in the first row?

These are all pretty wonderful!
They're certainly a nice little Christmas present.

[ December 05, 2010, 08:05 AM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

quote:
Originally posted by Candlelight:
Is Space Ranger #11 in the first row?

No, all of the above are "primary" IDs, no alts. All of the other guesses so far are correct, though. To recap the IDs thus far:

First row: Nighty, Cobie, Lash, EDE, Lardy, Abin, Quis, Rocky, FC, Kent, ??, Sketch, ??, Pov (who is, indeed, pantless [Wink] )

Second row: Candle, ??, ??, ??, Cleome, ??, ??, ??, ??, Mattropolis, ??, ??, ??

Third row: Set, ??, ??, ??, ??, ??, ??, ??, ??, KF2F, ??, ??, Crymsun, Jim Gallagher

-

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Second row: Candle, Outdoor Miner, ?, ?, cleome, White Raven, ?, Stealth, Arachne, Mattropolis, ?, Tamper Lad, Director Lad
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
second row, 4th over = HWW
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Is either the second-last one on the first row or the seventh one on the second row Rhino? I think I see little horns on them.

[ December 05, 2010, 11:20 AM: Message edited by: Blacula ]

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Also, is one of the Timber Wolfs on the bottom row Rick Shaw?

And the Wildfire on the bottom row could be DrakeB3003.

And the Kon-el Superboy on the bottom row is Power Boy.

And I think the Star Boy on the bottom row is... Star Boy.

And I know someone uses a Threeboot Cos as their avatar but I can't remember who it is.

I'm on a roll. [Smile]

Another great job Exnihil!

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.