Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Abstract LMBP (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Abstract LMBP
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Exnihil:
 -

So far all correct but one (Lighting Lad hasn't been around the board for quite a while, and, unfortunately, I never really got a chance to know him), but all the others are correct, giving us:

Faraway Lad, Teeds, Mystery Lad, Invisible Brainiac, Drake B, ???, Monkey Eater Lad, White Raven, Superboy MDDJR, ???, Legion Tracker, ???, ???, ???

Of the five left, three are based off avatars, and two from the designs of Sketch Lad. One other hint... for the final one it helps to have a firm background in "Monty Python". [Smile]

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Ha. Is "Lightning Lad" me?
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Second to last one is Red Arrow
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
The last one, I'm guessing, is Bicycle Repair Man. Is the third from the end Loser Lad?

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

quote:
Originally posted by Future:
Ha. Is "Lightning Lad" me?

Indeed, it is! (you're so modest [Wink] )

Also correct is Dev's Red Arrow/Emily Sivana guess, as well as Rocky's Bicycle Repair Man... the third from last, however, is not Loser Lad (I've only ever seen a handful of LL's posts, and, unfortunately, I don't think I've ever interacted with him.)

So:

-

Faraway Lad, Teeds, Mystery Lad, Invisible Brainiac, Drake B, Future, Monkey Eater Lad, White Raven, Superboy MDDJR, ???, Legion Tracker, ???, Red Arrow (Emily Sivana), Bicycle Repair Man

Number 10 is wearing the uniform of the character that he uses for an avatar (and what he was seen wearing at the Josh Siegel/Lash Lad wedding) and number 12, although he's gone avatar-less for years, finally got a visual look recently, courtesy of Sketch Lad.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Exnihil

No more guesses on the remaining two? OK, one more hint each, then I'll reveal:

#10 - direct lift of 3-boot Cham's costume, though in the poster's avatar, you would only see the head.

#12 - in the sketch from which this color scheme was drawn, the poster suggested that he should look like "Captain Kangaroo" and, accordingly, the sketch included a "Mr. Moose"-inspired dragon.

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Jerry and Lancesrealm.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

Exactly, Dev!

So, final count:

1. Nighty, Cobie, Lash, EDE, Lardy, Abin, Quis, Rocky, FC, Kent, deddy, Sketch, Sharky, Pov

2. Candle, Miner, Dev, Huey, Cleome, Rammy, Rhino, Stealth, Arachne, Mattropolis, Cali, ActorLad, Director Lad

3. Set, Novelty, Blacula, Rickshaw, Power Boy, rouge, l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN , Suddenly Seymour, Lone Wolf Legionnaire, KF2F, Sarcasm Kid, Karie, Crymsun, Jim Gallagher

4. Faraway Lad, Teeds, Mystery Lad, Invisible Brainiac, Drake B, Future, Monkey Eater Lad, White Raven, Superboy MDDJR, Jerry, Legion Tracker, Lance, Emily Sivana, Bicycle Repair Man

quote:

-

See you in 2012 for more. [Wink]

--------------------

Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
Great job, Ex! It's just the kind of creative design I love, and I know you had fun with it.

When will the signed prints be available?

;-)

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.