Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Micro Heroes by Candlelight - Byzantine Knights Added 09/13/12 (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Micro Heroes by Candlelight - Byzantine Knights Added 09/13/12
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Sort. Truth be told, when I originally thought of the sketch I was expecting him to draw Brin in one of those sumo diapers.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I like the tights.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I prefer them myself. And, let's face it, a big hairy guy in a sumo diaper would've probably sent the wrong signal to a lot of people.

[ August 03, 2011, 12:19 AM: Message edited by: Sarcasm Kid ]

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
[Yes]
lol
But, I'm not sure what the message would be?

[ August 25, 2011, 11:50 AM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Hi!
Well, I finished another alternaty character for SarK.

This is Itty Bitty.
I assume she shrinks or something like that.
Lot's of adjustments and redos and splicing and computer issues BUT she was still fun to figure out and finish.
 -

Here's the commissioned drawing of SarKs that I based the micro on:
 -

[ September 01, 2011, 05:08 AM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Oh. Oh my. [Gasp]

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
That is so cute! It reminds me of the American Girl dolls I was obsessed with as a little girl.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Next up is Mall Hair Girl.
She's rather fun.
As soon as I get her hair done.
[Yes]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Space Cadet
Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Space Cadet   Email Space Cadet         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Candlelight:
Next up is Mall Hair Girl.
She's rather fun.
As soon as I get her hair done.
[Yes]

Lookin' forward to it, keep 'em coming!

--------------------
Readin' Legion since '62

From: Winnipeg | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

As promised - Mall Hair Girl:
 -

She's fairly close to the drawing, with some concessions to the size of the pixels.
And my interpretaions.

Her power is something like Spider Girls, I think, with an attitude like Comet Queens.
I kept the hair simpler than the drawings and I like that the curls look kind of like birds, which adds a dimension to her, and possibly, her powers. A flock of hair birds might be fun.
I thought that forming hearts with her hair might be something she'd do, too.
[Yes]
The shoelaces are pink and her eyes are green.

(Tinypics won't save the orange in the planet part of the saturn emblem for some reason, so I placed her in a poster to try to bypass whatever the problem is with the color.)
[Frown]
Here's the drawing, for reference:
 -
And this is the micro of Futures that I started with:
 -

[ September 01, 2011, 05:15 AM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

YES, that is it exactly.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

When I designed the Garth that actually went with the drawing SarK had, I gave him long hair and a fairly slim frame.

I didn't really like it, so here's the update
(my Paint is giving dappling effects to my saved micros which I usually 'fix' but I like the idea of a Garth with freckles, so I left the effect):
 -

[ September 01, 2011, 02:58 PM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I LOVE Mall Hair Girl and must know more about her!!! [Love]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
I too must know everything about Mall Hair Girl. And congratulations to Candle on the great micros, especially MHG's collar. I know how much time and detail it can take to get the overall look of sharp edges like that just right.
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

For everything on Mall Hair Girl, see here:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=758417&GSub=95728

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.