Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Micro Heroes by Candlelight - Byzantine Knights Added 09/13/12 (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Micro Heroes by Candlelight - Byzantine Knights Added 09/13/12
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I said it once, I'll say it again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoW9czgQBqE

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's the last of the Alternaty characters that I have at the moment, Ninja Garth.
He was fun and hard to do.
I'm certainly not a Future.
[Yes]
 -
And the drawing posted on the Con Sketches thread:
 -

[ December 11, 2012, 10:37 AM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
You have a style all your own, Candace.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, as long as I have Future's work to build on.
[Yes]

--------------------

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

And the drawings from your strange characters.
I may go off on my own some, though.
We'll see how my eyes hold up.

--------------------

Come, join me!

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

I visited Micro-Heroes Compendium and looked at some fun stuff. Not as good as Future's, most of them, but still inspiring.

There was an Insect Queen and an Arcane.
I decided to combine them, along with Future's Dawnstar and my Itty Bitty plus just some free hand stuff.

I can't give more credit than this because I can't figure out how to find out who's done what on the site. I just know that there's more than one artist there.
[Confused]

What remains from the two I started with is the legs of Arcane and the hair/mask/eyes/stripes of Lana, although the hair and stripes have been altered.

I had to simplify Future's shading, etc..
I think she turned out fairly well, and I think she's different enough from anything that Future might do with her in the future, so to speak.

Here goes:
 -

[ May 17, 2012, 12:31 AM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Well, on an Avengers thread, Mystery Lad talked about Marvel hinting at creating a new all Midgard Valkynoir team of 8 incorruptable heroines, with Valkyrie as their leader.

Set and ML and I made suggestions and I thought of the Razer's Byzantine site and micros as a good starting point for a 'look' that would be unique.

I just couldn't leave them there on his island site, alone and unseen by the posters here.

So, I present some of the characters that I've amalgamated with my ideas and details from various Super-Hero Conpendium site works.

These characters come from many artists, or parts of them do.
Blanchett hands or a kat face and hair or maybe a puppy from JR(I not sure since his name wasn't on the character.)
She sure is cute though.
I just added little Asgardian wings on her head and a bow.

Everyone has pants on because serious horseback riding requires them.
They also all have Asgardian head gear/wings.
Some of them, like Magma, that's all I did.
Some have a huge amount of work in them to bring them to their present look.

-

Row 1 - Valkyrie, Dani Moonstar & Aragorn, her steed, Jocasta, Nightside (Marvel's Shady), Amanda Sefton, Darkstar.
Row 2 - Magma, Snowbird, Shadowcat & Lockheed, Frenzy, Deadly Night Shade, Gloriana, Jennifer Kale, Mantis.
Row 3 - Polaris, Power Woman, Lockjaw's pup & Iridia, Hellcat, Thundra, Photon and Black Widow.

Aragorn started life as Comet.

[ May 20, 2012, 11:15 PM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, I love all the little touches like Polaris' hair, Magma's power effect, etc...Aragorn and Iridia's wings look amazing too! [Smile]

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
I love all the Valkyrie-inspired heroines. Very great colors and effects/shading!
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Here's Razer's Bysantine Knights site:
http://razer.medinnus.com/index.htm

He's an amazing artist and I've learned a lot from him!

Comet and a lot of the base characters are here:
http://micro-heroescompendium.blogspot.com/

Razer has lots of micros that are done spectacularly, even some reboot Legionnaires, but not many of the characters that I needed, so I used some of his designs, some of the characters from compendium for reference and a lot of my time and effort.

Of the first row, only Jocasta was herself.
I gave her a nose, mouth, cape, pants and 'wings'. I also took away her 'flesh' parts.
She doesn't have any, does she? [Confused]

Anyway, 4 of 8 on the second row and I created 3 of the seven on the third row, although I altered all of his, especially adding Future like shading details.
[Yes]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

I think Frenzy's my favorite.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

She's one of mine, too.
I'd never heard of her until the discussion on the Avengers thread.

My others are Iridia and Nightside.
Power Woman, too, for some reason.
I'd never heard of her, either.
[No]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

[Frown]
I've reused all of these characters in the various groupings that follow, so I decided to delete this picture.
[shrug]

[ October 05, 2012, 02:43 AM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

K.
These are the wolves that Razer has done.
Set suggested that the Valkyrior might ride other creatures besides winged horses.
He suggested wolves, and Razer had already accommodated that 'request', so I just added his favorite of the Valkyrior that I had pictured, and the one that he called 'funky', IIRC.

As for Valkyrie herself, I found an Aragorn on the Compendium site after I created my own Aragorn for Dani.
Valkyrie's steed is picture much like Dani's Aragorn in the comic covers that I've seen in my research.
She needed to be pictured on a steed, I thought, because of her role as leader.

I also thought that having her standing, her sword drawn, might be a fun change from Nightside's pose.

-

This winged horse was created by JR, with the horse part coming from Comet.
If Rat created the Comet version using the same horse base or if he actually came up with the horse itself, I don't know.
[shrug]
I had originally put wings on the wolves, but changed them at the last minute, fealing that wolves might not like the wing flight experience.
Stepping/running through 'wrinkles in time or space' would probably fit their nature better.
[Yes]

Edit: I found a mistake in the last one, I'm so blind sometimes.
sigh
While I was fixing it, I decided to add Photon and Thundra to this one, since I've decided to put the gals together according to their suggested groupings.
For example, the last group to this point is suggested by Mystery Lad.

The new grouping here was his idea of some of the nominations that Valkyrie herself would pick.

When I'm finished, I'll have updated the Nightside and Iridia grouping to just include my picks.
And, I'm working on one for Set's ideas, too.
[Yes]

[ July 13, 2012, 02:12 AM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

These are most of Mystery Lad's suggestions for the Valkyrior, in action.
Mantis is levitating, Darkstar flys, Polaris uses her magnatism (yes, I used her again with slight changes 'cause I like her.)

Magma has her steed, I've named him Lava (go figure.)

The two new ones are Crystal, with Lockheed and pups.
Her armor is the enriched yellow and black that she usually wears. The wings hide her normal hair ornament so I made them black with the darkest shade of gold that I used, as an accent.

Madame Mask is a real favorite, especially after my original disinterest in her.
She's riding a gold version of Thundra's plateform.
 -

--------------------

Come, join me!

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.