Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Oh Yeah, That Forum: The Titans » Cover to Titans/Legion one-shot (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Cover to Titans/Legion one-shot
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tromium Crystal:
- Poor Triad's being blasted by Mano on the lower left
- No Dreamer? Double uh, oh
- Hopefully that's really Lyle below Violet's right arm.
- What's that green lizard thingy below Superboy's left armpit?

In order:
- looks like Triad neutral in a *new* outfit! (Orange and Purple are above)
- I think that's Dreamer just under Starfire.
- Yeah, definitely looks like Lyle to me.
- I think that's Beast Boy as an alligator.

What I can't help but notice is that Wildfire is still in his Coipel designed suit (despite the prelim sketch Lightle did of Wildfire in his old suit (which I didn't really think was going to happen anyway)).

[ June 14, 2004, 05:51 PM: Message edited by: DrakeB3003 ]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3003:
- looks like Triad neutral in a *new* outfit! (Orange and Purple are above).

Actually, looks more like a miscolour of her Coipel suit to me.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shadow Kid
Talokian Super-Hunk

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shadow Kid   Email Shadow Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Looks like M'Onel is back in his garish starfield costume [Frown]

Other than that, that is one fantastic cover!

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sanity or Madness?:
quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3003:
- looks like Triad neutral in a *new* outfit! (Orange and Purple are above).

Actually, looks more like a miscolour of her Coipel suit to me.
Not to me -- it might be an error in art, but it's not quite Coipel's design -- the sleeves are skin tight with apparent gloves and the there's a line that runs down the arms. Coipel's design has those wide sleeves that end midforearm with no gloves. There are also thigh-high boots where Coipel's design doesn't have that - just loose fitting pants that seem to connect to her shoes.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm disappointed that Chris and Chip aren't doing the interior art. They should have been given the chance at a last hurrah. [Frown] It would have made this fan very happy.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valor the M'Onell
Anything but a marvel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Valor the M'Onell   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
If you ask me this cover has too many Mano's on it
From: Australia | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Kayak
Italian Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Kayak   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Gorilla Nebula:
all the legionnaires on the cover are the current versions. my guess is the story ends with the Legion returning to an altered future, and we have to wait till december and LSH #1 to see how things have been revamped.

hmm, the more i think about it the more i think that could really be the same situation waid's gonna use on the new LSH series...

--------------------
Ciao a tutti,
FABIO

http://www.nottolone.net/legione/

From: Milan, Italy | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sanity or Madness?:
Part 1 of "Lost to the Legion," a story that continues in the TEEN TITANS/LEGION SPECIAL! Superboy and Wonder Girl's first date is interrupted when a cosmic storm comes to claim Superboy,

I knew Rokk was behind all this.

[ June 15, 2004, 06:22 AM: Message edited by: UTS ]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
I still find it amusing that they talk about a "crisis that only the Titans and the Legion can handle."

No disrespect to the Titans, but please. The LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES, 20 some-odd of the DCU's most powerful heroes, need the help of Young Justice? As what? Cheerleaders?

Oh well. As long as nobody dies, I guess nothing's THAT bad.

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Oh come on 'binder. Everyone knows you need a green skinned hero who can change into animals to balance the orange skinned one who can change into animals. [Big Grin]

Let's see, we have:

Superboy = M'onel
Starfire = Wildfire (?)
Robin = Karate Kid
Kid Flash = XS
Changling = Chameleon
Wonder Girl = Andromeda
Cyborg = Gear

I didn't include Raven because I'm still not really sure she officially rejoined nor do I think she'll still be around after the next issue's conclusion.

So while I love my two favorite 80's books finally getting a non-Elseworlds crossover I agree. What do the Titans really offer that the Legion doesn't already have in spades?

[ June 15, 2004, 07:28 AM: Message edited by: Lightning Lad ]

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
The ONLY thing I can think of is Wonder Girl's connection to the gods. Maybe that's the key.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Sheesh! Obviously the answer is that whoever is causing the crisis will instantly recognize that the Titans have a higher selling book than the Legion and give up!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
I didn't include Raven because I'm still not really sure she officially rejoined nor do I think she'll still be around after the next issue's conclusion.

If you look below Superboy's bare elbow, you'll see Raven. So mentalist/empath/moody person? How about Saturn Girl & Umbra as her counterpart? [Smile]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
What about her precog abilities? You'd have to toss Dreamer into that combo.

And I hadn't spotted her on the cover. Damn thing is too hard on my bad eyes to look at too closely.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
Does Raven still have healing abilities? Hey, we've always got Dr. Gym'll. He may be crabby, but at least Trigon's not his old man.
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.