Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Oh Yeah, That Forum: The Titans » Cover to Titans/Legion one-shot (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Cover to Titans/Legion one-shot
Chameleon Boy
World Changer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chameleon Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Chameleon Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3003:
I think there should be a variety of body types -- some guys should look more physically powerful, just as some girls are more developed. Just don't make everyone the same, imo.

Guess you were a James Sherman fan too!! [Big Grin] That man gave the Legionaires different body types, different faces, it was amazing! Hope Barry will consider this in his character designs!!

[Chameleon Boy]

--------------------
---Changing my Personal Circle with Courage and Love---

From: RWC, CA USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zero Kahn
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zero Kahn   Email Zero Kahn         Edit/Delete Post     
While I love the cover it still has me worried that we are going to end up with some Hyptertime mismashed Legion when this is all said and done. And no one will be happy with it because it will be a confusing mess or cetain version of their favorite characters wern't used in favor of another.
From: Michigan | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
So, will Wildfire have to be redrawn considering his new outfit in the latest issue...?
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ANIMEAvenger
Rookie

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ANIMEAvenger   Author's Homepage   Email ANIMEAvenger         Edit/Delete Post     
hmmm...Hypertime deal looks adefinite due to what's seemingly depicted with on this here pic.

AA

--------------------
Look! Up in the sky!

From: New Krypton! | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
I didn't care for the first one. I don't know who did it, and i may be insulting the artist, but it looked a little...unpolished.

The second one was okay, wonder girl is okay. Persuader made it for me.

The third one was the "big shot" piece, and it was pretty good.

I just really wanna see Legion take back it's place as the best DC book out there. And given the competition from books like JSA, BoP, and Flash, thats not gonna be easy.

Maybe Waid should do for Nightwing what he did for Flash, cause god knows it needs it.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rikto Lar
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rikto Lar   Email Rikto Lar         Edit/Delete Post     
I dont know about you guys...but this new "anything goes" LSH series has me a little worried. Im not sure I WANT to see altered versions of my beloved Legionnaires. I mean, maybe if it was a "What If" kinda story...but Im not too keen on it being my monthly dose of Legion adventures!

Ive been a fan for a looooooong time, and I think with its 30-plus years of history, its done just fine as it was. Why fix what ain't broke? :/

--------------------
NoRmAl PeOpLe WoRrY mE

From: Pittsburgh PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Unfortunately Rikto, I think you'll find a lot of fans who would argue that the legion is broke.

Mind you they cant agree on who broke it, when it was broke or even what it is that makes it broke [Wink]

Me i like my dose of Legion. I am not too fixated on continuity anymore after all its not the real Legion anymore, not since superboy was written out of the history of the Legion. (see even I'm doing it now [Big Grin] )

So I am prepared to wait and see.

To me as long as this Legion is about a club or group of super powered teens doing heroic things and that they keep the founders and stuff i am willing to accept this version of the legion, in much the same way I accepted legion on the run. What is not on as far as i am concerned is whiting out the characters to replace them with new ones or moving on to a "next generation" situation.

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, you just had to bring that possibility up.

I'm going to have nightmares now.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chameleon Boy
World Changer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chameleon Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Chameleon Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
In my humble opinion (and a fan for 30 years or so) I think the Legion got "broke" around the time when Keith Giffen really got his mitts on them, not at first, there were lots of good art issues he helped produce but then his total control seemed to produce, to me, stories that just came accross ugly, dark and depressing. After he left then things seemed to level out again and the art got fun and exciting but then after Zero Hour, it just was not the same.

On a side note I have always been a Keith Giffen fan, so don't get me wrong. His stuff in the 70's like Claw the Unconquered, the Defenders and All Star Squadron were all just great artistic fun and so many styles to choose from too!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] His funny stuff in the 80's was just killer fun to me, from the JLA and Ambush Bug among many others just had me rolling on the floor. Then he did a °180 and just about destroyed the Legion by changing and mutilating and even killing many a beloved character and it's just not been the same since. He really wanted to shake things up but it was a bit much for my taste!! Some folks really like his Legion writing but I for one did not. His art also got very dark and shadowey and just kinda ugly there for a while. It's since seems to have leveled out a bit since then but boy those were some rough years for the Legion, at least for me they were!! [Frown]

Paul Levitz era was the best time for the Legion to me (Besides the Bates/Cockrum issues). Grell and Sherman (with some nice Nasser art too) are all issues that seemed to really hook me totally, forever. [Smile]

I hope that Waid and Kitson can make that sort of magic happen again. I have faith but you never know, do you!?!

All in all the Legion of Super Heroes is the best of the best and you just can't beat that!!

[Chameleon Boy]

[ July 16, 2004, 10:53 PM: Message edited by: Chameleon Boy ]

--------------------
---Changing my Personal Circle with Courage and Love---

From: RWC, CA USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.