Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Quislet's Super Law Firm...of Space! (Page 38)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 39 pages: 1  2  3  ...  35  36  37  38  39   
Author Topic: Quislet's Super Law Firm...of Space!
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
<again, Exnihil appears from another time. He bends over and cups his palms over his eyes>

Ahhhh! This has to stop! I think I'm getting sick.

<breathes deep to regain his composure. Catching his breath he rises again and looks around his surroundings. He is an empty office building, after hours>

OK... it's Quislet's place, this time.

<goes to a desk and peers at the open day planner>

February 16th... just a month ago.

<moves around the the back side of the desk and rifles through the contents, looking for the his third target. He finds it... a third pocketwatch. Again he simply removes it, winds it and replaces it back in the drawer, under a pile of paperwork>

Not that anyone could find anything in there... this is the most disorganized office I've ever seen.

OK, Phineas! "Three o'clock"

<again Exnihil disappears>

[ March 21, 2009, 07:22 PM: Message edited by: Exnihil ]

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phineas B. Fuddle

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phineas B. Fuddle           Edit/Delete Post     
<as Phineas B. Fuddle activates his celestial mechanism in his Orrery, a whiteout of chronal regression begins to spread across this establishment>

<Legion World is dying>

Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arm Fall Off Boy
Now starring in his own DC Comic, September 2011!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arm Fall Off Boy   Email Arm Fall Off Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey! Can we arrest these guys for trespassing?

--------------------
Long Live all them Legions!

From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Is it their fault Quis left the door open while he was out during his own posted business hours?
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey ! There's a piece of glass chipped from each of the glass IBA* awards on Quis' desk !

I never appreciated the true depths of Fuddle's eeeevil until just now. Even the 3003 Obelisk wasn't spared. [seethes]

*Interplanetary Bar Association

[ April 02, 2009, 08:37 PM: Message edited by: cleome ]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Phineas B. Fuddle:
<as Phineas B. Fuddle activates his celestial mechanism in his Orrery, a whiteout of chronal regression begins to spread across this establishment>

<Legion World is dying>

Hey! I see the cleaning crew finally showed up. Great job guys!!!!!

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Quis,

what are the ethical implications of a lawyer deliberately misrepresenting/misquoting someone else, when he in fact knows that other person has said the exact opposite? It should be noted that this misrepresentation is clearly to achieve better standing in the community regarding a competition which the lawyer has every reason to believe the lie could improve his chances in.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm not sure what you are talking about. But I ran your question by the Bush Office of Legal Counsel and they see no ethical violation.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Legolas
Elfin Prince

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legolas           Edit/Delete Post     
Greetings, all.

I, Prince Legolas, have taken temporary possession of six Legion World properties.

In each of those six you will find a form that looks, acts and talk like me. In all ways of perceiving, whether scientific, magickal or psionic, all six will seem equally identical. All your detection techniques will identify all of them as me - or none of them.

Of these six, five are elaborate simulacrums, constructs that will totally suck the life (and other) energies of any who interfere with them, whether by touch, distance attack or even a simple mind probe. These are based on the magickal technologies of the Z'xyc'hians, and you may recall the spatio-temperal implosions of their own doings that ended their very existence.

Tamper with me at your own peril.

this is the fourth of six.

From: on the lam! | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, Quislet! I think it's time I gave people some legal problems. Whatcha got?
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

quote:
Originally posted by Legolas:
Greetings, all.

I, Prince Legolas, have taken temporary possession of six Legion World properties.

In each of those six you will find a form that looks, acts and talk like me. In all ways of perceiving, whether scientific, magickal or psionic, all six will seem equally identical. All your detection techniques will identify all of them as me - or none of them.

Of these six, five are elaborate simulacrums, constructs that will totally suck the life (and other) energies of any who interfere with them, whether by touch, distance attack or even a simple mind probe. These are based on the magickal technologies of the Z'xyc'hians, and you may recall the spatio-temperal implosions of their own doings that ended their very existence.

Tamper with me at your own peril.

this is the fourth of six.

Prince Legolas, sorry to have kept you waiting. Now what seems to be your problem?

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

quote:
Originally posted by Thriftshop Debutante:
Oh, Quislet! I think it's time I gave people some legal problems. Whatcha got?

A good one is intentional infliction of emotional distress.

The case we read to illustrate that involved a local department store. A guy had a charge account with the store and it was past due. The store, in an attempt to collect, began to repeatedly call his mother and harassed her about the debt. The thing was, the mother was not a cosigner of the charge account and if I remember correctly, he didn't live with her.

--------------------

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Most supervillains could be sued for intentional infliction of emotional distress, but none have been.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

hmmm... A class action suit against LuthorCorp.

--------------------

cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Jeez, look at all the Diet Dr. Pepper empties stuffed in this file cabinet!

[No] mr_cleome swore to me that it wasn't an IBA*-ordained addiction. I guess he lied.

*Intergalactic Bar Association

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 39 pages: 1  2  3  ...  35  36  37  38  39   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.