Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The Mainframe of the Reboot (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  15  16  17   
Author Topic: The Mainframe of the Reboot
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
With the ending of my term as leader, the former GovernMental building recieved a complete rebuild [Smile] Gone is the three winged affair of glass and steel and rock and stone.

In it's place rises a tall spire, gleaming green with blue energy crackling through the windows. At it's top hovers a sphere of purest white.

Around the base, many and sundry buildings have been constructed, to be elaborated upon later, as well as a green space of tree and grass. And a moat of purest water encircles the new complex.

[ October 01, 2004, 03:22 AM: Message edited by: Reboot ]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
For reference, from when this was the GovernMental Building [Smile]

As is wont with these things, upon the new administration taking office, suddenly there came a new building for a new government.

'Tis a tri-winged affair, with the only details Miner has thus far revealed to me about his wing is that it contains a pool hall. No doubt he'll fill in the details later [Smile]

My two wings are of radically different character:

The Sane Wing is a modern office complex, U-shaped with a flat roof, and with almost featureless green mirrored glass covering all but the doors at the bottom.

The Mad Wing, on the other hand, had a medićval character about it. Built mostly of whitewashed brick, it is a complete Shambles to look at. Windows are unglassed, and the wooden shutters barely fit the lopsided affairs.

Cabinet meetings are held in the round metallic silver "hub" building which connects the three wings.

The Cabinet, at present, is:

ActorLad, Minister for Cartoons
capt_dallas, Minister for Paranoia
Frostfyre, Minister of Domestic Affairs
Future, Psychologist and Psychiatrist
Quislet, Esq, Legal Advisor
Kent Shakesphere, Director of External Affairs

I myself have taken the role of Minister for Security.

Others involved are:

Cobalt Kid, Disgraced Chief of Security
STU, LW Bouncer

draub is granted a permanent parking space, that moves so that Venus is always in sight [Wink]

Faraway Lad has been dismissed as Ambassador to Faraway Places for giving aid to Glorith.

[ September 30, 2004, 02:32 PM: Message edited by: Reboot ]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Everything that currently resides in OM's Pool Hall and Campaign HQ has been 'ported to my wing here. With the exception of the bars, which have been laid to rest out of respect for SHAKES.

Plus I'm adding a huge rehearsal hall for CALAMITY.

Since the only platform I had during the election was the one that I stood on to reach the pinball machines, it'll take a little more time to round up some office-type stuff. But what's the hurry?

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm the official LW Bouncer! I take care of the riff-raff.
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icefire
Just like old Times!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icefire   Email icefire         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm applying for "Minister of Domestic Affairs"

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
And does this mean we're now living in a Luxan Hyperage?
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Frostfyre:
I'm applying for "Minister of Domestic Affairs"

You're already Minister of Flirting for Life.

Looking for a career change?

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
Holy shades of Batman Returns, uh... Batman!

Sounds great, Sanity. Looks like the right person won at the right time. [Wink]

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
As Security Chief, I promise to subit a report ASAP.

In the meantime, I'll be drunk celebrating [Smile]

In other words...Congrats!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
You have two wings, SoM? So do I [Wink]

Have fun, you two.

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
At last, a building that caters to changing moods.

Is there a cover charge for the Calamity Hall?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
The members of Calamity have decided that no one should have to pay to see us until they actually hear us [Wink] ...
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Do you guys commission pieces?

I've got this nice number I've been working on. Hope Outdoor Miner doesn't mind playing 30 min. mellotron solos...

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
SorM,

Here are the giant ceremonial ribbon cutting scissors.

You will be needing them.

Also, here is my copy of "How to do the half wave crowd greeting"

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Policy Pam
Insured for Life

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Policy Pam           Edit/Delete Post     
Sounds like the new place is in need of some insurance. Can I interest either of our new leaders in a policy that will cover all visitors and those working in the Mad Wing?

Well, I shouldn't say it will cover all visitors or workers. Not even I can provide coverage for that cute little fellow in the nappy hat.

--------------------
Only two-time winner of the Order of the Dead Vampire Head.

From: Tartarus | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  15  16  17   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.