Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » On the rooftops and skycrapers of Legionnpolis... (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: On the rooftops and skycrapers of Legionnpolis...
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
*From below at SHAKES, Cobalt Kid, Furball, Exnihil, Power Boy and Question Kid climb on top of the roof of a neighboring building, and begin moving from rooftop to rooftop, getting progressively higher as they approach the skycrapers in downtown Legion World.*

It's crunch time, gentlemen. They'll be on us in seconds. Perhaps staying and fighting is a bad idea? We're all still on the same side. Ex mentioned the Rookery as a safe haven and Rocky could certainly protect us.

<Cobalt is holding Exnihil and Question Kid during a big jump; he can magnetically assist them for the jumps that are too difficult to make normally>

It's looking more and more like the final piece of the puzzle--that final location to check out--isn't going to be visited by me today.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<a shadow falls over Cobalt's group>

<Cobalt looks up and sees the Office's Elite Guard hovering above him, some on their own power, others in jetbacks or sky skiffs>

<his eye is drawn to the central figure, at once familiar but wearing a new suit of armor>

Hello, old buddy. We're here to demand your unconditional surrender. Tempest here as set up a mystical shield over this block...

<points to himself>

...and this armor is non-metallic, if you were wondering.

Do the right thing, here, and let's settle this in a civil manner.

<points to the perimeter>

We've got you surrounded, Des. You can't win this.

What do you say?

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

<a wide boyish grin stretches across his face>

I say you should have brought a few more guys!

I don't want a confrontation Lardy--I don't want us hurting ourselves.

But surrender isn't in my vocabulary. And I'm not letting you have Exnihil either.

<rises magnetically so is now levitating in the sky>

Let us pass.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<rueful grin> You're not baiting me into this, Des. I know you want us to fire the first shot. Ain't happnin'!

<flies close to him to get others out of earshot>

Why are you doing this?!? Every effin' time something goes down lately, it seems you "go rogue" on us! Work with me here! I'm your friend--don't make this about "Old Chief vs. New Chief". Someone might get hurt...and the property damage.... Grife, just tell me what the eff is going on for once!

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Look Lardy, I'm not trying to 'go rogue' on you. That was never my intention--I was doing some investigating on my own and somehow this all spun out of control.

But what's with the protection scam on Exnihil? I know what you and your pals were doing. To be honest, I was concerned for his safety! And I needed him for my own purposes. And now I kind of like him as a friend.

The days of you and I fighting are over as far as I'm concerned. Hell, I was probably only going to hurl a skyscraper at you guys and fly off...

<Cobalt's mood seems to be one of ease and good humor, but Lardy knows him too well to know he's clearly communicating with Furball somehow through his body language>

Renly Fox
former Red Pirate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Renly Fox           Edit/Delete Post     
<from the sidelines Sir Roy yells to the other side>

You better hope your foolish leader saves you, you crew of bandits. Your brand of lawlessness is furthering the decay of Legion World!

Your assault on me is not forgotten! You're a craven bunch of cowards, drug-pushers and malcontents who flourish on Legion World because of the bleeding hearts.

From: Captain's Cabin | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<gestures slightly toward his Elite and they fly into a prearranged position>

<gives Roy a quick stern look that says "take it easy">

There's more to what I was doing with Ex than meets the eye, Des. You know what he's mized up in. We both know he's low on the totem pole, but he was my only lead. I had to make him think all I cared about was getting my cut, so he's continue to operate while I watched and followed the supply train. Give me some frickin' credit, here!

But you... <points to Cobie> ...had to poke your nose into things as usual! You are NOT friggin' Security Chief any more! Don't you see...you're undermining me here!

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

<holds his hands up as if to 'hold on'>

Lardy, I'm not undermining you. You are the Security Chief--its a position I don't want. But this ring of narcotics and terrorism is in direct conflict with some operations I have of my own. I have a personal stake in this matter.

I'm glad to hear you weren't really putting the squeeze on Ex. Not what I would have done, so you can see how I wouldn't have known. But you have to admit some of the things you've been doing are just cause for your friends to be alarmed. What's this I hear about Lard Lad Robots en masse? Surely that can't be true!

Stu was my friend too and yet I lived through the Dark Stu Saga, where an army of 'Stu-Bots' descended on Legion World.

I see your officer Red Arrow has an arrow aimed directly at my head. Your flunky Sir Roy is positioning himself to either cut me or Exnihil in half. Shark Lad and Furball's anxiety levels are increasing by the second. You have a woman whose power levels are off the charts with you that immediately reminds me of my second wife, the High Priestess Viviane. And you have a woman called 'Hot Chick' with you whom I neither know nor trust.

To be honest, I'm starting to feel very threatened.

I think Legion World is in immense danger right now. We should be working together, yet recent actions of the Security Office are making me wonder if by working with you, we'd only be encouraging the rise of an uncontrollable entity.

<and at last the grin fades completely>

Especially when I can teach some of your officers a much needed lesson.

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

You son of a bitch. <he thinks>

The Bots are none of your concern. Legion World has been woefully under-defended as the LMB has slowly been scattering over the years. We used to have 70 or more on active duty at a time. Now, it's--what? Maybe 30? All the while, we have some despot literally hanging over our heads every day! <motions toward Zardi's castle looming overhead in the distance>

<face turns red>

Enough of this! You five are under arrest by the authority of the Legion World Office of Security! You have the right to remain silent and the right to get kicked in the face if you resist!

<motions to Elite>

Arrest them!

--------------------

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Power Boy watches the exchange between Cobalt and Chief Lardy ... backing up slowly... getting himself into a better position.

Thinks to himself:

'The math on this one dosn't look good. Shark Lad vs. Furball, Lardy vs CK .... They have enough power to check mate each of use while the 30 odd guards take us down ... not to mention that sorceress ... if I could take her out at super speed, then take out one of their bigger guns quickly ... we may have a chance to tip this or escape ... '

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<as the Elite close in, he notices Power Boy> Dev better remember that he's got that one...

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Okay, okay, I'll go peacefully...

<suddenly using his magnetism he rips off a chunk of the nearest skyscraper in Lardy's direction so it seperates the two of them>

...not!

<rushes at high speed away from Lardy right up the middle of the elite guard to cause confusion>

Hey Roy, looking rather grim!

<he goes uses his magnetism so the uniformed red shirts and their metallic jetpacks are suddenly pulled into his wake, following him as a large cluster of people; he zips high into the air and makes a u-turn, now coming back towards the fray with a large ball of security officers in his tow>

Sorry fellas! Some of you used to work for me and I guess in a way, you still will be!

<he hurls the huge ball of sentients and jetpacks at Dev Em, Shark Lad, Sir Roy, Red Arrow and Tempest>

Let's see if I can hit a strike on the first shot! Never was good at bowling...

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Notices telepathically CK is about to move ...

Zips around at super speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed disarming many of Chief Lardy's 30 odd soldiers.

[ February 28, 2011, 02:05 PM: Message edited by: Power Boy ]

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

<grabs falling piece of skyscraper previously threw at Lardy and gently places it in the middle of a street down below>

You didn't think I'd actually let that smash down below, did you...? [Big Grin]

[ February 28, 2011, 02:08 PM: Message edited by: Cobalt Kid ]

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

"Your boys seemed shy Chief ... let's not make a bad situation worse.

< drops all the guns he collected into a pile >

Look ... we need your help ... and you know it's serious if CK and I are working together again. I'm still skeptical of him after that Big Brother scandal ....

besides I'm NOT ging back to jail"

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.