Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » On the rooftops and skycrapers of Legionnpolis... (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: On the rooftops and skycrapers of Legionnpolis...
Renly Fox
former Red Pirate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Renly Fox           Edit/Delete Post     
Chief, you can count on me to stand by your side and share your vision for the security of Legion World. I will not let you down.
From: Captain's Cabin | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<puts hand on Roy's shoulder and looks into the eyes beneath the mask> I believe in you, Roy! You redeemed yourself against the Five Faces and have continued to do so ever since. Cobalt is a fool and a hypocrite to thing otherwise!

And you, Arrow?

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
"Chief Lardy, without this team I have nothing. Yes, I am very frustrated at how these battles are turning out. But I will respect your wishes not use lethal force," She said.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<beams with pride>

I know I can count on you two!

Now, let's bring the others in and brief them on our strategy. I think you flubbed, though, Arrow. Hot Chick's attack was effective against Power Boy--I don't think she actually engaged Cobie...

<motions for the others to come over>

So...did you put the tracking device on Question Kid?

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
(Tempest walks over, with a bored expression on her face. She looks to Red Arrow, staring at her Soul Gem. Her face becomes perplexed.)

My my my, what an amazing little trinket our friend has. I wonder how a little archer managed to get a hold of so such a bauble. I best stick close to this one.

Well, archer, do you have means to learn their location?

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
"Yes we do," Red Arrow says. "They are at some place called the Rookery. What is the location like? We need to factor that in to our strategy. Question Kid will try to account for all variables and I intend to do the same."

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

The Rookery? <face-palms> Cobalt, you sonuvvabitch!

For those of you who don't know, the Rookery is home to a sovereign prince. He's also the LMBer known as Rockhopper Lad. If he's given them asylum, then they have diplomatic immunity--and we can't attack them while they're inside.

Rocky's also... <looks briefly atfrom Hot Chick to tempest> ...my ex. This is a bold move on Cobie's part as he tries to play with both tying our hands and with my emotions.

We're going to surround the Rookery and at least posture as if we're going to ignore their diplomatic status and trash the place. I think, if pressed, Cobie will back off and move out, rather than put Rocky's property in danger.

Make no mistake, I have no intention to violate the sovereignty of the Rookery, but they believe me enough of a wild card that I can make them think I will. Hell, if pushed far enough, I just might! But under no circumstances are any of you to make a move without my approval or unless they are foolish enough to provoke us.

The strategy is to make them leave and be ready to confront them.

Tempest, I specifically want you to figure some way to contain them better. Specifically, I want any secret tesseracts, portals or teleportation devices/powers to fail them when they almost surely resort to something like that. Do you have something that can do that?

--------------------

Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
Yes. I do. But it will take me out of the battle. I can create a dimension rift barrier. It'll lock everything within the field. The spell also has the ability to return any damage done in the field to normal once removed. But it has to be removed, if I am rendered inert and the spell falls, the damage will be permanent.

But this is of course out the question. Space Ranger and Cobalt Kid, even Dev Em, all of them need to pay for what they did to me. Hitting and running, I must be rectified.

--------------------

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Are you referring to property damage that may occur or the damage to all the portals and what-not? Either way, it's acceptable to me.

<takes her aside>

I like that fire within you! I hope inside you're starting to feel less like a mercenary/work-for-hire type and more like a potential Officer. We could really use you onboard with Dev's turning traitor. And... <whispers in her ear> ...I also wouldn't mind seeing you socially when all this mess is sorted out, if you're still interested, that is.

--------------------

Tempest
Enchantress

Before, we attack, give me a few minutes to properly set up the barrier. I will stay behind to keep the barrier up. When we get them...I will be there for the interrogations.

(Moves close to Chief Lardy)

My fire burns for champions. Get the pests, and we'll talk.

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<grins> Seemed like you wanted to do a little more than talk last night, T! <winks>

But we'll get 'em. The key word here, though, is not "attack" but "trap". We'll turn what they think is a disadvantage for us into our means to victory!

Do you need to work on the barrier here, or should you go to the Rookery? If the latter, we'll wait a little bit to go.

--------------------

Tempest
Enchantress

I will go on ahead. This way whenever you need the barrier, I shall have it there for you.

(In a swirl of smoke-like white light, Tempest is gone.)

--------------------

SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
SharkLad struggles to bring his rage under control.

'How the sprock did I get myself into this?' he thought to himself. 'It's like I never learn. What would Mom think of her 'perfect creation' if she could see me now?'

Suddenly, he's aware that someone is near him, touching him in fact, patting his wounds ever so gently.

"I don't need help!" SharkLad growled, without looking at his caretaker.

"In fact, I don't need any of this!"

He turns his back to the others.

"INYUK CHUK!"

SharkLad vanishes...

[ March 02, 2011, 03:43 PM: Message edited by: SharkLad ]

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.