Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Attack of the Lard-Bots!!! (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Attack of the Lard-Bots!!!
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<Lardy's three Lieutenant Bots fight their "brothers" bravely and save a few LMBers from tight situations>

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
''One fastball coming up Cobie''

With a magnetic boost from Cobalt Kid, SharkLad barrels through the Lard-bots like a battering ram.

''Man, this is almost too easy... <sniff, sniff> is that Furb, I mean, Timber Wolf I smell? He better steer clear... there's no telling what could happen between the two of us once a frenzy starts...''

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalla Hrykos
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalla Hrykos   Email Kalla Hrykos         Edit/Delete Post     
Damn! Lard-Bots are becoming more resistant to my light attacks! Don't know if I can hold them back from me much longer! {brings up light shield which is weakening under the Bots' strengthening force beams}
Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Hot Chick, this is Cobie. My magnetism is also no longer working. There must be some sort of collective intelligence between them allowing them to adapt. This isn't going to stay easy.

<Cobalt his uses his magnetism to turn destroyed robots into a series of sprears which he magnetically holds around his back like a quiver.>

On Ggrrgg my spear skills won me the height of gladiatorial honor! Those skills may not be used as often anymore but my proficiency has not waned!

<Hurls spear through a Bot destroying it; with the added acceleration of his magnetism, it continues forth through several more Bots.>

When this over these Bots will be melted down and turned into a splendid statue to celebrate our victory!

[ March 07, 2011, 01:36 PM: Message edited by: Cobalt Kid ]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalla Hrykos
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalla Hrykos   Email Kalla Hrykos         Edit/Delete Post     
{thinks about what Cobalt has said and what he's doing}

The key is to mix things up, use our powers in unexpected ways....

{focuses and changes the wavelength of her light}

{it gets thru Lard-Bot defenses and turns several in her path to scrap}

{thinks and looks over toward Cobie for a moment}You're a tremendous tactician, Cobalt Kid. If we can get out of this, and I can get you to help me take down the rest of the Dark Oval...we will be in good shape!

{varies her wavelengths again and takes out more}

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<above, Lardy tries unsuccessfully to get through to the Bots and override their programming>

It's no use! The code has been overridden. Why would Emily do this?!? I should never have built the friggin' things...this is all on me.

On the other hand, my Lieutenant Bots are performing magnificently...

<watches as the EDE, Hugh and Clive-Bots plow thru their fellows>

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
"Death to Captain Marv..." The robot glitched and then began to stop functioning. Question Kid had hacked into the Legionworld mainframe and shut down the electricity and telecommunications systems.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<Lard Lad sees what happens to the Bots>

<sighs> The redundancies...I had many built in...that might not work for very long...

--------------------

Timber Wolf
LMB Black Ops

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Timber Wolf   Email Timber Wolf         Edit/Delete Post     
Timberwolf looked around.

"I'm gonna keep on taking these sprockin things apart. No reason to wait to see if they come back."

From: Doing the things that need to be done | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
SharkLad continues his assault on the Lard-bots.

'Man, can't believe I was sitting in my tank with Lolita just a couple of hours ago. This definitely wasn't how I expected my night to go..."

A chunk of a Lard-bot goes flying by SharkLad's head. He looks around and sees that in his fury Timber Wolf had sent the wreckage his way.

"Hey, watch it, ya mangy... I mean, um, nice one, T-Wolf!"

'Sprock! Playing nice ain't gonna be easy, especially when...'

"ARGHH!" SharkLad bellows as he shreds a trio of Lard-bots that had surrounded him while he was deep in thought.

"Cobie! Lardy! What's the plan?"

--------------------

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<from above sees Sharklad fighting Bots>

Sharky's fighting some--they're not all down!

Their primary power system is down, but any second now....

<he suddenly hears an electronic hum all over the place and many artificial voices saying...>

Death to Captain Marvel!

....their internal backup batteries will kick in. Guys, those batteries can function autonomously for nearly a month!

--------------------

Timber Wolf
LMB Black Ops

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Timber Wolf   Email Timber Wolf         Edit/Delete Post     
Timberwolf laughs a little at Sharklad, "C'mon Sharky...get in on the fun. Ya ain't going soft on me are ya? I mean there's a place and time for eerything, and this here's the time for full out violence!"

He turns, winks at Hot Chick and wades back into the new wave of Lard-Bots.

From: Doing the things that need to be done | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

"Why, you little..." SharkLad says smirking. "You want full violence?"

"INYUK CHUK!"

SharkLad grows to 50 feet tall.

"NOW WE GOT A PARTY!" he bellows stepping on a dozen Lard-bots.

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<lands on a rooftop>

Ungh. Sh-shaking...not now...

<takes out a hypo>

Th-this oughtta help some....

<gives himself the full dose>

...g-gotta give it a few moments to kick in...

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<sees what Sharky's doing>

O-oh gods, no---you'll provoke them into "Lardzilla" mode...

<almost passes out>

--------------------

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.