Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Let's discuss meatloaf. (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Let's discuss meatloaf.
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
Ever heard of Sausage Patties?

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Who hasn't? [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Abin Quank:
Ever heard of Sausage Patties?

Weren't they seldom-seen twins in the Peanuts neighborhood?

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
LT, that would be 3 & 4. They also had a brother named 5. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leap Year Lord
Right now.

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Leap Year Lord           Edit/Delete Post     
[Tornado Twins]

The meatloaf discussion never ends.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I should note that last week, I made my 3rd attempt at meatloaf, at my Grandmother's request.

It was not as good as the first attempt but nowhere near the colossal failure of the 2nd attempt.

I had to use her products, which consisted of 1 lb ground sirloin, 2 eggs, meatloaf mix, onions, bell peppers and perhaps a tad too much tomato sauce.

One of these days, I will make a 4th attempt, and I predict it will be perfect.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Leap Year Lord
Right now.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leap Year Lord           Edit/Delete Post     
There's more chili-cran in my near future, let me tell you what.
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Love meatloaf with mustard and ketchup. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Conjure Lass
And then there was steak!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Conjure Lass   Email Conjure Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
I like to make my meatloaf with stovetop stuffing mix in it. Despite what you might be thinking, it's DELICIOUS. Makes it moist and is SUPER EASY.
From: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
I had a store bought meatloaf a few days ago.
Better than I'd make, but no way close to as good as Desdemonia's

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
I never did share that awesome turkey meatloaf recipe that I found. So here it is:

(link)

I did some minor modifications. I cut the amount of salt and Worcestershire sauce in half. (I usually dial salt way back in most recipes.) I added about four drops of Angostura bitters to the meat mixture, too. (Almost any dish with tomato is better with that addition.) Instead of going with ketchup for the tomato topping-mix, I used a little dry vermouth.

Fabulous! (A moist, rather than crispy loaf. You can spoon the pan juices over your side dish. We had white rice.) Plenty for tomorrow's sandwiches, too.

[burp!] Takes some elbow grease to get it all chopped and mixed, but well worth it! [burp!]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

^ OOhhh, I wish I'd seen that earlier! Would have loved to have tried that for dinner!

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Try it, IB! You won't be sorry.

Earlier this week, I did make the classic beef-pork combo, molded free-form into an oval rather than packed into a loaf pan. It had strips of bacon over the top, and the very last of this summer's fresh herbs in it.

I'm pretty sure it should be illegal to eat this kind of food more than once every other month. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Heck, eat it every day! It's a good protein source [Wink]

Maybe I'll adapat to add some boiled eggs. We have a lot of local meat rolls that include those, as well as raisin bits and cheese.

--------------------

Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
Heck, eat it every day! It's a good protein source [Wink]

Maybe I'll adapat to add some boiled eggs. We have a lot of local meat rolls that include those, as well as raisin bits and cheese.

You took the words right out of my mouth
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.