Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » 2013 LW Gathering: Destination Chi-town (Page 17)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19   
Author Topic: 2013 LW Gathering: Destination Chi-town
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
What crack is that? I'll have to check it out.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Just teasing you, Quis. Like I said, the "status" of everyone there was just my best guess at trying to read through the lines of 17 pages of this thread + PMs, so there were bound to be a few misplacements.

Anyway... adjusted list:

-

...and an update that the reservations... have been made!

Shit just got real! [Smile]

[ November 09, 2012, 02:04 PM: Message edited by: Exnihil ]

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

Oh... and somebody had asked further up thread about pots and pans and stuff like that.

Yeah, they're all fully furnished with "domestic-y" type things. Linens, and blankets and all that are also provided.

One other thing that I did find out, though, was that there is a limit on parking to just four vehicles. I don't think that's a huge deal because I imagine most people would be flying in/taking the train, etc.

I'm actually road-tripping it, though, so I'll be able to act as "shuttle guy" if needed.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Argh -- I won't know for sure until Feb. 14 if I can get approval. It shouldn't be a problem since there's only one person ahead of me in seniority, but it'll drive me crazy not knowing.

And I'm the one who asked about pots and pans, so good to know. I imagine we'll want to cook in for some meals to save money.

But how can they sleep so many people and have only four parking spots? I'll be driving in since I'm just coming from Detroit. Cross my fingers!

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

quote:
Originally posted by Suddenly Seymour:
But how can they sleep so many people and have only four parking spots? I'll be driving in since I'm just coming from Detroit. Cross my fingers!

They said it's one per suite... but don't worry, it's all on street anyway. When I was out there in July scoping it out there were plenty of spots.

What they don't know... [Wink]

--------------------

Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm presuming it's either real close to additional parking or it's such a "downtown" area with mass transit that most don't come there by car.
From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

Here, if you want to scope it out:

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=N+Sedgwick+St+%26+W+Eugenie+St,+Chicago,+Cook,+Illinois+60614&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=np&um=1&ie=UTF-8& hl=en&sa=N&tab=wl

Just click on the "Street View" and spin it around. That playground opens up tons of parking.

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Suddenly Seymour:
Argh -- I won't know for sure until Feb. 14 if I can get approval. It shouldn't be a problem since there's only one person ahead of me in seniority, but it'll drive me crazy not knowing.

And I'm the one who asked about pots and pans, so good to know. I imagine we'll want to cook in for some meals to save money.

How many nights are you staying SS?

I may be willing to pool...kinda depends though.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Right now, I'm planning on the whole shebang.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
That's how many nights?

...and what nights?

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Exnihil:

Just click on the "Street View" and spin it around. That playground opens up tons of parking.

... Twin Anchors looks like a good time !!!
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

I have no idea where in this thread the actual info is.
Exnihil

quote:
Originally posted by Dev - Em:
That's how many nights?

...and what nights?

Wednesday Aug 21st - Sunday Aug 25th, 2013

4 nights, departing Sunday

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Thanks Ex.
Conjure Lass
And then there was steak!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Conjure Lass   Email Conjure Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
OMGOSH. I'm a really good cook/baker! I would absolutely LOVE to cook one night. Love, love, love.

[Big Grin]

From: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.