Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » 2013 LW Gathering: Destination Chi-town (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  17  18  19   
Author Topic: 2013 LW Gathering: Destination Chi-town
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by lancesrealm:

If we are going to pick a location that I can't go to anyway, I vote for the Seychelles.

I really want to go to Easter Island!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I am for a big meet-up. I'd rather do it without a con, but am willing to go to a con to meet Legion Worlders.

As for place, I was hoping for the Isle of St Helena.

Boston, obviously, would work best for me, but don't bother putting it in the running.

Of the places suggested, New York is best for me. Washington & Chicago are good. Orlando & Charlotte are slightly less desirable. I am partial to the East Coast. Metropolis, IL sounds good, but I don't think it would be good. I would suggest Memphis as a good spot if we don't do a con. It seems to be halfway between north & south and not on the coast so western people could also reach it.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm def in for a meet up! Location isn't too big a deal for if we can get enough attendees to justify the 'once every few years cost'.

Ideally, I'll fly into Memphis, hang with Lash, and drive to it with him! And kidnap Eryk on the way...and bring him to Easter Island? Anita Cocktail should join us.

The east coast is nice for our European contingent if they are interested. I know Faraway Lad expressed an interest.

Probably would be good if there was something going on in the background to do, I guess. I'm not big on theme park rides personally, but I sure do love sitting on barstools. [Big Grin]

If we did this, I'd prob do a Thursday - Sunday deal. Someome had mentioned (I think Ex) loosely assuming that time period with various people deciding to arrive earlier or stay later at their preference.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Probability Pete
Probably

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Probability Pete   Email Probability Pete         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll hang.
whoop whoop what?
def con what. does Lash know BBQ?

From: NJ | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Probability Pete
Probably

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Probability Pete   Email Probability Pete         Edit/Delete Post     
MOP
From: NJ | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Probability Pete
Probably

I SWEAR. he better know bbq.Memphis.
big up
lol

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
when this was first tossed around last year, Orlando seemed to the the top pic. But I'm with Cobie; amusement parks hold little appeal for me. And the the best times to go to Florida don't really work for my schedule. If we went to Florida, I'd prefer the Keys.

Or any interesting coastal area, for that matter, Florida or elsewhere.

I like the idea of Chicago because it is an interesting city and I've spent very little time there. Con time or no, I'd be up for it. And it shouldn't be too bad for our Euro peeps; ORD is a major hub for x-atlantic flights, and is relatively central enough for us west-coasters too.

I've no prob with Memphis. Never been there. Would like to at some point.

Metropolis IL might be a bit too far off of travel routes. And is there really anything to do there, besides the Superman 'museum'?

I love both Washington and New York (and Boston). no probs with either.

I don't know much about Charlotte, and my only experience there is being stranded by Greyhound for four-five hours one night. I vaguely recall Miner saying some decent things about the con there, but I'm not really a con enthusiast anymore. I'd have to be sold more about Charlotte to be interested.

just brainstorming these next few. Don't consider these additions to the list unless someone else expresses enthusiasm:

I'm tempted to suggest New Orleans, but any time I'd be free to go there looks too bloody hot (and, if rep stands, humid).

Niagara Falls might be of interest as well. Those bringing families along will find plenty for them to do, although the better features are on the Canadian side, and anyone without required ID would be limited. And someone will have to keep Cobie away from the Roulette tables. For some, this could be combined to a Toronto visit.

that's my two cents.

I'm very likely in for a meet-up from May (maybe late April) to early September. the rest of the year, probably not (but it's too soon to say for sure. My schedule varies from semester to semester, so a long weekend some terms is quite doable).

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Probability Pete
Probably

Wilmington.DE or Newark.NJ.
if you pick newark we can hang in funny sunny Montclair nj

http://www.baristanet.com/

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm with Kent on all the locations be mentions.

Chicago is fantastic.

Memphis would be hella kewl.

Heard Charlotte is terrific.

Manhattan is my favorite city on Earth but be aware it's crazy expensive. Not sure a NYC meet up *not* in Manhattan would be tits.

Not sold on Metropolis, IL either.

New Orleans is awesome but crazy humid and hot from May-Sept.

Key West would be so awesome, and Lady Cobalt would demand she join us.

D.C. is dope. But also humid and swampy in the summer.

Austen, TX is top shelf party central at honest man prices.

Nashville? Heard mad flavor.

Now I'm just listing cities. I'll stop.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Probability Pete
Probably

if it ain't here. gotta be Memphis.
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
when this was first tossed around last year, Orlando seemed to the the top pic. But I'm with Cobie; amusement parks hold little appeal for me. And the the best times to go to Florida don't really work for my schedule. If we went to Florida, I'd prefer the Keys.

Or any interesting coastal area, for that matter, Florida or elsewhere.

Well, cool, then.

Since we're getting a flood of input, I guess I'll throw in my own ideal spot into the mix, as well. Like Kent, I'm partial to the coast, anywhere along VA or the Carolinas.

Ocean, beer, and bunch of buddies... sounds like a dream vaycay to me.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Probability Pete
Probably

i got good bbq for you lash tho.
wood pit.; great brisket. then round the corner by the firehouse, soul food at ma dears

Probability Pete
Probably

montclair, new jersey. mentioned on "Mad Men"
Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by rickshaw1:
Okay, hero con in Charlotte is June 22-24. Carol, Sam and I are gonna try to make it this year.

Can anyone else? We can do a day, so if you want to get together, we should all pick a day we can make it work. thoughts?

Rick, my sister lives in Charlotte so I might get to this one too.

Charlotte is an attractive, laid-back city. It has lots of art, the NASCAR Museum, and Carowinds amusement park, among other fun attractions.

Atlanta and Chicago are convenient cities for folks who will be flying. Doesn't every U.S. flight go to one or the other?

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
If we were to do Metropolis, Illinois, it would have to be during the Superman Celebration, which is held in June.

I also have little interest in theme parks. I am certainly not wedded to the idea of a con. I'd rather meet up in a large city.

Of course, Austin is close to me, as is New Orleans, but I'd rather fly into a place where I won't need to drive. I really don't like to drive--which explains how I've lived in Houston for 13 1/2 years and have never made it to Austin.

Washington, DC, would probably be my first choice, all things being equal.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  17  18  19   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.