Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » 2013 LW Gathering: Destination Chi-town (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  17  18  19   
Author Topic: 2013 LW Gathering: Destination Chi-town
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
NYC is great for me, I live in Midtown Manhattan.

I love the idea of Disney because I would go there anyway.

Washington DC I've also wanted to get back to and it's not that long a trip.

I guess to commit to anywhere else I'd be more comfortable having actually met some of you first. [Smile]

From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
well, Rhino and Cobie should be easy to meet, then. Get started! I've met 40+ of us. We're a good gang.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Director Lad
aka Sudro Brown II

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Director Lad   Email Director Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
When I met up with the Legion World crew at SDCC in 2008, I had never met any before and I was sharing a hotel room with three of them! It turned out great. Everyone I've met from the board has been great.
From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
The first time I roomed with a Legion Worlder was in NY in 2009. Mrs. Nihil was very concerned that I was going to be traveling to share a hotel room with somebody I never met, and literally demanded that when I get there I put Quislet on the phone to assure her that he wasn't an axe murderer.

Thankfully, he lied and told her he wasn't. Otherwise I never would have found out how cool axe murderers can be when they're off the clock.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raging Bull
Maverick

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raging Bull           Edit/Delete Post     
Oddly enough, despite being a fairly private person, I've met tons of LWers (and some people from the LMBP/original DC boards who never made it over to LW). I think I held the record for most LWers met for a number of years.

Nearly all of those meet-ups were enjoyable -- but there was the one time that Cobie and I crashed at Pov's after the Boston meet-up... [Eek!] [Shudder]

--------------------
♦ Translated from 31st century Texan to 21st century English ♦

From: The open range | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
There's a very slim chance I'll be able to go. I'm wondering if I should still vote, given how close the poll is getting.

I'd actually want something on the West Coast since it'd be the cheapest to get to from the SE Asia...

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
*sigh* ya gonna keep whining about this, IB? *snicker* Fine, let's move the thing to the Philippines. Ok, Ex, make a new poll for cities in southeast Asia.

Everybody ok with that? Maybe then I can buy ya that beer, and you can show me those olives that come in a box.

Actually, IB, I am in a way really sorry that Legion World is a global community. It means that many people just won't be able to make it.

For the record, I forgot to switch my keyboard before I started typing, and I typed:

*ышпр* нф пщттф лууз црштштп фищгер ерш

before I realized I had my keybord on Cyrillic mapping. Maybe we could throw St. Petersburg on the list too, huh?

From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

If any of my comments DID make it seem like I'd want everyone to come all the way here to SE Asia, then I'm sorry.

I really have been considering which city on the poll would be easiest for me to reach. after all, isn't that why we're having the poll? Everyone has to vote for the city which would make the most sense for them.

Or maybe I'm coming across as flaky. But then, if I cast the deciding vote and turns out I can't manage to go, that'd be worse wouldn't it?

Or maybe I'm overthinking. I'll just keep quiet then.

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
No, IB, I was kidding! Just pulling your leg!

*sigh* I have gotta learn to think before I post. Really sorry if I upset you.

From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

I also tried to send you a pm apologizing profusely, IB, but your mailbox is full.

*sigh*

I'm goin' back to bed...

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
IB,

I think it would be OK for you to vote. If your primary location is pick, it might give you more incentive to get over here.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

quote:
Originally posted by lancesrealm:
I also tried to send you a pm apologizing profusely, IB, but your mailbox is full.

*sigh*

I'm goin' back to bed...

Hi lance,

Really sorry about that. Hope you didn't get too upset [Smile] I really apreciate your attempts to apologize, all accepted by the way. Hey, how are you? I'll clean out my PM box and we can tlak about beer and olives again.

quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq:
IB,

I think it would be OK for you to vote. If your primary location is pick, it might give you more incentive to get over here.

Quis, thanks. That's a good point and it would certainly make it easier for me.

Anywho, sorry for being kinda flaky. I dunno if it's a cultural thing - I'm usual the "organizer" for my friends over here at home and you would NOT believe what a pain it is!

I've learned never to organize anything that requires a headcount more than two hours before. You always get people going "I'll try", "I'll catch up" - I once had a bud who was gonna try and catch up to a party that ended at 12 midnight. We called him up 11:30 and he was just about to get in the shower. And he lives a half hour's drive away.

I'm rambling, aren't I? [Razz]

--------------------

Exnihil

Attention folks, the location poll for the 2013 Legion World Gathering has concluded:

HERE

Check out the above link for the specific vote breakdown but, suffice to say, if you are a fan of art, architecture, jazz, deep dish pizza, and arsonist cows, you're going to love how things played out. [Smile]

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Yay!

Should the name of this thread be changed to reflect the decision?

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

just bumped for a new page

--------------------

This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  17  18  19   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.