Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » ForeSHADOWing (how's that for subtle?) (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: ForeSHADOWing (how's that for subtle?)
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Our story thus far...

1. As seen HERE, disheartened by certain recent thinly-veiled media representations of himself as a villain, remarkably good-looking Legion World businessman and bon vivant, Exnihil, comes to the conclusion that a terminal "O" in one's name seems invariably to be a harbinger of villainy.

2. In a seemingly completely unrelated turn of events - that same day - as seen HERE, Ex receives an unmarked package in the mail containing - oddly - a single black diamond

3. Several days later, as the LMB member, Legion Tracker, expresses dismay HERE at the possibility of Ex ever adopting a terminal "O" himself, Ex assures him that he need not worry. Apparently... Ex has been hearing strange whispers at night - seemingly from the diamond itself - telling him that a terminal "O" is nothing to fear.

4. About a week later, Ex is visited in the tobacco shop he runs, HERE by a rougish stranger called Renly Fox. Renly was in the market for an exotic blend called Southfarthing weed, originating from a place called "Shire". Unfortunately, Ex has nothing of the type in stock.

5. However... the following day, while wishing Happy Birthday to his fellow LMB member, Karie - The Girl of Tomorrow, HERE, Ex recalls that, indeed, he does recall that a place called "Shire" was once built... for a holovid or something... in Karie's home country of New Zealand on the planet Earth.

6. Never one to pass up a new business venture, Ex departs for New Zealand, Earth, in search of this Southfarthing weed, hopeful to retain the future business of Renly Fox. Being a suspicious sort, though, Ex ensures that he takes along his precious black diamond, lest some other... less worthy... individual try to steal it in his absence.

7. Unbeknowst to Ex, however, a relatively rare alignment of certain celestial bodies is due to occur in just a matter of days, shortly after his arrival in New Zealand:

-

What could all of this mean???

Is this the perfect storm that could spell doom... or just the usual bunch of LMB nonsense?

Foreshadowing... your key to quality literature.

[ November 11, 2012, 06:33 AM: Message edited by: Exnihil ]

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
You are referring to the electronic device, right? If so, you are extremely fortunate! Those things are worth their weight in real diamonds. Where are you planning to travel?

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

I adore you, Em... don't ever go changing. [Wink]

(Don't mind me... I've been awake the majority of the weekend for work and the old noodle is getting sort of punchy.)

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
A new cycle is beginning...
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leap Year Lord
Right now.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leap Year Lord           Edit/Delete Post     
I fully support self-expression, but I have to say shadow goes below the forehead.

-

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for the kind thoughts. If you ever need any help, just ask. I am sure Uncle Lex could pull some strings and get you the information you need.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

<Ex sits on the shuttle, bound for Earth. The shuttle steward passes, asking if he'd like something to read, so Ex takes a Terran newscom. He flips it on, scrolling to the weather page>

http://nz.sports.yahoo.com/news/call-protect-eyes-during-solar-234329155.html

Huh... will you look at that... an eclispe! That should be cool.

<Reaches into his breast pocket, then sighs>

Aw, man... I forgot to pack my sunglasses!

<His finger then taps something hard in his pocket. He pulls out the object - his black diamond. Shrugging, he pulls out the diamond and, holding it to his eye, looks out the shuttle window at the passing stars. It winds up doing a remarkable job of blocking the majority of the light>

Sweet! This should do the trick. This is going to be cool...<Dramatic cliffhanger music.>

<Ex looks with annoyance at the headphone-wearing guy sitting next to him.>

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Exnihilo? Hmmm... Nah, could never happen.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
My cosmic awareness is tingling ... or my power sense ... or maybe I just want something sweet to eat.
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

*At exactly the same time, a nubile pretty young flower child named Moonbeam awoke screaming after having nightmares of an ancient evil that had finally awoken.

Next to her, Cobalt Kid pretended he was still asleep. "I shouldn't have joked about her being a screamer..." he thought to himself.

[ November 12, 2012, 02:14 PM: Message edited by: Cobalt Kid ]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
^ I used to do that, you know. Before I met Blaze.

Hi honey! Still being completely loyal and faithful!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

EARTH:

<Exnihil wanders among the crowd gathering to watch the solar eclipse>

Man... this place is crowded... I always wonder in situations like this how they're able to provide any real degree of security. Like - if for instance - a super-villain were to suddenly strike, there would be no way to protect all these people.

Haha... what am I saying... a super-villain? Yeah, right... like that would ever happen. Oooh... here's a good spot to watch the eclipse, right:

HERE

<Ex sees a good spot up on a hill, and settles in>

Huh... this is a perfect view, I wonder why no one else snagged this.

<A evil voice that only Ex can hear issues from his coat pocket>

BECAAAUUUUUSSSSE THEEEEEY ARRRRRE NOOOOOOT WOOOORTHYYYYYYY...

<Ex pulls out the black diamond>

Now just stop that, black diamond... that's not nice.

Not nice... at all.

<Dramatic cliffhanger music.>

<Ex looks over at the crowd and sees a guy with a boom box>

Man... what is it with that song? Is that some sort of meme I missed?

--------------------

Rond Vidar
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rond Vidar           Edit/Delete Post     
Not so much foreshadowing left now ...

reminds me of that one time, when the Multiverse was dying and no one noticed:

-

I suppose I will have to get involved again!

From: Always right on time. | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Moonbeam: "Cobie, there's this groovy party tonight in the Hills. You gotta check it out, man."

Cobalt Kid: "Er...I'd love to Moonbeam, but I've a very important, er, diplomatic meeting tonight. The Ambassador of Khundia and, oh, you don't want to hear about that."

Moonbeam: "Sounds trippy..."

Cobalt Kid: "...sure. Very trippy."

Moonbeam: "We're lighting some bonfires and passing around some heavy jungle juice. Legion World's youth is totally into this crazy ritual trying to call forth the original spirit of vengeance or something..."

Cobalt Kid: "Sounds awesome. Uh, here's some space-cab fair. Great meeting you last night. Have a safe ride home."

Moonbeam (exits): "Groovy! TTYL!"

Cobalt Kid: "That's the last time I pick up a girl at Silverale-A-Go-Go!"

Exnihil

EARTH:

<An excited murmur runs through the crowd gathered to watch the eclipse. The moon has just become visible on the horizon>

<Suddenly... Exnihil doubles over in pain, clutching his stomach>

Oh... owwwwww.... ugh, my gut... such... pain... wh... what is happening to me???

<The evil voice again begins issuing forth from the black diamond>

SILEEENCE, FOOOOOL!!! I TOOOOLD YOOOUUU NOOOT TOOOO ORDERRRR THAAAAAT "FRIIIIIEEED ECLIIIIPSSSSE DOOOOG OOON A STIIIICK"!!!!!

Bu... but... they looked so good... owww!

OF COOOOURSE THEEEY LOOOOOKED GOOOOD.... THEEEY ARRRRRE JUUUUUNK FOOOOD! DOOOO YOOOUUU HAAAAVE ANNNNY IDEEEEA WHAAAAT THEEEY PUUUT IIIIN THAAAT STUUUUFFFF? HAAAAVE YOOOU NOOO RESPEEEECT FOOOOR THE TEEEMPLLLLE OOOOFFF YOOOUR BOOOODY?

I'm going to the Porta-Jacques.

NOOOOO!!! YOOOOUUUU WILLL REMMMAAAAIN HEEERE FOOOR THE TRAAANSITIOOOON!

The "transition"?

ERRRRRR... YESSSS... I.... I SIIIIMPLY MEEEEANT THE TRAAAANSITIOOON OF THE MOOOOOON ACROOOOSSS THE SKYYYY... YOOOUUU... ERRRRRR... WOOOOULDN"T WAAAAANT TO MISSSS IT, WOOOOULD YOOOOOU?

THAAAAT'S ALLLLL I MEEEEANT.

HOOOONESTLY.

<Ex suspiciously eyes the diamond, then shrugs>

Fine... but after this is over I'm going to need an antacid.

After this is... all over.

<Dramatic cliffhanger music.>

Oh, be quiet!

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.