Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » Hi! (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Hi!
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Welcome Dennis! I don't work in a restaurant, but you're welcome to come over to my place for lunch - I just bought Spider-Man Kraft Mac N' Cheese and Campbell's Batman Noodle Soup!

Can't wait to see what you've got in store for us!

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dennis Calero
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dennis Calero   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Calero         Edit/Delete Post     
thanks rhino!
From: New York | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Just wanted to plug Dennis' work in this week's issue of Hawkgirl.
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Pipin' in to say how much JSAC # 25 rawked... Alan actually looked like an older guy.

Compare this to # 26, with Matt Haley's allegedly older Sportsmaster, who still looks like he's 35.

Also, your upcoming LSH covers are magnificent!

You've got style, flair, crackle, pop and snap!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dennis Calero
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dennis Calero   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Calero         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks CJ!

Please do by my issue of Hawkgirl 64 is you feel like it, the supreme Walt Simsonson writes and draws his 1 of only 2 covers for the enitre series!

MLLASH, thanks man! Not to compare to anyone else's work, but it was important to me to have Alan Scott look like an older man. It's important to his character.

Thank you for your comment on the covers. I just turned in the cover to 34, just finished the art on 32 (which will be colored over the next few weeks) and just got the plot to 33 which is hi-larious!

From: New York | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lad Boy
3rd smartest person on Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad Boy   Email Lad Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Dennis Calero:

just got the plot to 33 which is hi-larious!

teasing is forbidden (at least in this context). Spill it, Calero!
From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Hopefully it maintains the longstanding tradition of hilarious LSH issues featuring Matter-Eater Lad!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Hopefully it maintains the longstanding tradition of hilarious LSH issues featuring Matter-Eater Lad!

Huh?

Hilarious?

Was it Hilarious when Ethyl nearly trampled all the poor citizens?

Was it Hilarious, all those ex-wives losing parts?

Was it Hilarious, when that head thingy got stuck on Polar Boy's head?

Poignent, tragic, uplifting, but fortunately the "comedy" was saved for better venues like Darkness Saga.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Then again, that flagpole falling and bonking Calorie Queen on the head *was* pretty funny...
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Cal's a good straightman.
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey Dennis, a belated welcome to LW! I really enjoyed your JSA Class issue, and the upcoming Legion covers look awesome! Can't wait to see the interiors! [Smile]

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I just flipped through Dennis' Hawkgirl issue. Liked it. What I like most is his use of black/shadowing.

I can also tell he is not a "superhero" artist. He's an artist. I was more impressed with Hawkgirl's helmet then her superhero poses. I always thought the Legion should have a more sci-fi feel to them and I think Dennis will deliver there.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dennis Calero
Advisor

Thanks Jorge! I'll try!
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Hey Dennis are you going to make it to Comic-Con in San Diego? It looks like you're listed twice in Artists' Alley - "Dennis Calero" and "Denis Calero". Is this your evil doppleganger, a name-stealer, or a misprint? [Smile]
http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci_artalley.shtml

I wonder if your first Legion issue will come out before or after the con?

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Just to wet our appetites for Dennis' stint with the Legion, here's some of his recent DC work -

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.