Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » Hi! (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Hi!
ArchKid
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArchKid           Edit/Delete Post     
Wow. Another creator visiting the boards (you guys had Barry Kitson before, right?)

I remember this art from X-Factor. The Quicksilver issues? I like this. A more down to Earth, surprisingly sci-fi feel to Legion. Might make me pick it up as a regular.

Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by ArchKid:
Wow. Another creator visiting the boards (you guys had Barry Kitson before, right?).

Yup. And now we are supporting his new book for Marvel! [Smile]

A more down to Earth, surprisingly sci-fi feel to Legion. Might make me pick it up as a regular.[/QUOTE]

I agree I like the sci-fi realistic look.

Dennis please don't drawn them as 12 year olds. [Smile]

And I would love them to have some accessories here and there. I am thinking headgear from Colossal Boy. You made Hawkgirl's helmet look so cool.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dennis Calero
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dennis Calero   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Calero         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks Jorge! I'm tryign to draw them very age specific from 18 to 25.
From: New York | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
If the JSAC issue is any indication, age-specific will NOT be a problem for you!

Loved yet again the latest cover preview (with Lightning Lad, Light Lass and Colossal Boy). Can't wait to see the rawkin' interiors!

Dennis, Do you have any influences? Your art reminds me of Jae Lee a bit, an artist I've always wanted to see do a take on LSH.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Dennis Calero:
I'm tryign to draw them very age specific from 18 to 25.

Wow, that was fast! Weren't they like 15-18 years last month? [Wink]
From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Dennis did some COUNTDOWN work this week too gang.

And for all you zombie fans, he did some fine work reprinted recently in the 28 WEEKS LATER prelude trade.

18-25? I thought Invisible kid was only 14?

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dennis Calero
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dennis Calero   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Calero         Edit/Delete Post     
I do think SOME of the Legion are a bit older, to sort of reflect the fact that some have been in for years while some are older. That could be my mistake.

Thank you, yes Countdown was out last week and the collective opinion seems rather positive. and of course 28 weeks later features not only my work but some pretty cool work from other artists as well.

As far as my influences, my main one would have to be a combo of Al Williamson and Carravgio, an italian painter. I do look at jae's work and alex ross's in that I try to learn from their graphic interpretation of reality.

From: New York | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Caravaggio is probably my favorite painter. He's not as famous but he probably has the largest amount of impressive works I've seen.

Chiaroscuro baby! [Smile]

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dennis Calero
Advisor

Thats right Jorge. Do you knwo Ribera? Another favorite of mine.
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Dennis, I am not really familiar with him. I think I saw his work in El Prado but I forgot most of the famous works I saw there.

Which reminds me. It doesn't flow as good but Goya's black peroid rocks.

Dennis Calero
Advisor

I love Goya's work, and saw a great deal of it in Spain.
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Hey Dennis will you still be in San Diego this week for the Convention? If so, hope to see you soon!

Kevin/Monkey Eater Lad

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dennis Calero
Advisor

I will be! Please come by and say hello in Artist's Alley! I'll be there tomorrow but I'll be at the Marvel DC softball game so try Friday, Sat or Sunday!
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Hey Dennis, talking about artists have you ever seen Paolo Uccello? Look him at on wiki if you get a chance.

He did some interesting stuff with dark and light. Really dark backgrounds that made his characters jump out and look 3-D. Though the characters are flat they seem to be floating in front of you.

Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Hey Dennis, it's was great to meet you in San Diego! Everyone else, this is the menacing Mekt that Dennis did me:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/8199845@N06/991768814/in/set-72157601148818529/

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.