Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » Francis Manapul Interview: The Start of Something Big! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Francis Manapul Interview: The Start of Something Big!
Igee The Mighty
Legion Lover

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Igee The Mighty   Author's Homepage   Email Igee The Mighty         Edit/Delete Post     
Great news! Canada-based Filipino artist Francis Manapul has been announced as the new, ongoing artist for the Legion of Super-Heroes though with an undisclosed writer!

I dunno what part of this news I'm gushing over but...yahoo!!! But you guys have to just click on the pretty, pretty picture on the article! Wowza Saturn Girl!!!!

Newsarama Article

[ August 11, 2007, 03:24 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

--------------------
Igee The Mighty!

From: Manila, The Philippines | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Size Lad
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Size Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
And hmmm... no Supergirl!
Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Igee The Mighty
Legion Lover

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Igee The Mighty   Author's Homepage   Email Igee The Mighty         Edit/Delete Post     
I know!!! And noticeably absent as well on that spread...a founder!

Phantom Girl...recolored!

Karate Kid...retro'd!

Timber Wolf...grrrr!

Brainiac 5...very fitting outfit!

Shadow Lass...in pale red...hmmm...

But overall, I think it's fair to say things are lookin up!!!!!!!!!!

Here's a link to the pic: Francis Manapul's LSH Spread

--------------------
Igee The Mighty!

From: Manila, The Philippines | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Awkward Pause Boy
Candidate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awkward Pause Boy   Email Awkward Pause Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
My, that's quite a striking depiction. Saturn Girl does look much better--like she might even have a personality. So do Garth, Dirk, Brainy, Lyle, Jeckie, and Jan (though I kinda hope he loses the cape now). I'm not so keen on Ayla's new look, partly because I thought her last one worked particularly well. Colossal Boy seems a tad over the top, as does Ultra Boy (figures they would be a pair). Of course, it's the writing that'll matter more to me, but this picture stokes my optimism.

[ August 11, 2007, 12:59 PM: Message edited by: Awkward Pause Boy ]

From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Notice the foot gear. Big boots for some, but bare feet (well toes any way) for Brin.

[ August 11, 2007, 10:17 PM: Message edited by: Jerry ]

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Haha I overheard Francis talking at length about reading old-school Legion and Cockrum designed costumes at a signing back in the spring.

And now we know why.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
If I want to draw someone in the background wearing goggles no one’s going to question it!
Someone send him a link to Legionworld. He obviously doesn't know us well.
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
...and, that's one of the better renditions of Cos' uni though he seems to be missing a hamstring.

The barefeet and four toes looks good on Brin. Gym's old time fans should be happy. That might in fact be my favorite costume for him (except for that brown thing across the top).

Not a fan of the wide lightning on LL. Wide ties didn't last. Wide lapels didn't last. Wide lightning will not last.

My fav redesign is Brainy's jacket. A little arrogant but crisp. The pants and boots, not so much.

Val has changed nationality again.

Very unique faces on everyone. Be interesting to see if he can keep that up through an entire arc.

[ August 11, 2007, 02:28 PM: Message edited by: Blockade Boy ]

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Sun Boy's back, Trip's in 3, Lyle got a real uniform, Brainy lost the Vril look and - yeah - no Cos. Temporary absence I suppose.

This is okay. [Smile]

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blockade Boy:
quote:
If I want to draw someone in the background wearing goggles no one’s going to question it!
Someone send him a link to Legionworld. He obviously doesn't know us well.
I was thinking the same thing. He obviously hasn't been in touch with Legion Fandom. Marts is probably hiding the truth from him lest we scare him off before he even gets started.
From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
The art makes it look more like an X Book than a Legion book to me.

Not sure I like that at all. We'll see how these changes go over.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Brainy looks great! The outfit, too.
Is that Vi in hot pants? Dang, Miss Digby!
Saturn Girl. Hello, Binary !

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Where's WILDFIRE?!?! I hope this is a case of his first appearance repeating itself where he "dies" as ERG-1 and comes back as WILDFIRE later on...

I like most of the redesigns, and the Cockrum influence is apparent (though there's nothing wrong with that) - is that an up arrow I see on Element Lad?

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Click for fullsize image
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Nice. Not too thrilled by Ultra Boy. I don't know about the red outfit for Shadow Lass. And Invisible Kid needs a headband.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  11  12  13   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.