Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » Keith Giffen musings (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Keith Giffen musings
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Man:
Right you are. Lone Cowboy Giffen is best with one shots (preferably out of any continuity).
With a good - and I mean GOOD - Editor - that man is a genius indeed...

Which is exactly what I think about guys like Millar & Bendis. Sadly Marvel lets them do whatever they want and it ends in disaster.
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frog King
The B^|@h is back!!!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frog King   Email Frog King         Edit/Delete Post     
I liked The Magic Wars (art and story), I liked the death of EE (art and story), I liked the sensor girl redesign and I loved V4.

I think Giffen is one of the most underrated comics creator, but I agree that he needs an editor, in order to allow him to focus. I liked Reign of The Zodiac, but the first issue was confusing like hell.

From: Berlin | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Set:
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
I've always felt the death of the Empress was the best, or at the very least ONE of the best villain deaths I'd ever read in comics.

The only part that didn't work for me was the art. After the clean lines of Lightle, whoever did that next arc made all of the female characters, including Sarya, look like puffy-faced slightly-overweight square-headed men in drag.

That arc was drawn by Keith Giffen. [Smile]

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.