Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Legion Trivia (Page 142)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 143 pages: 1  2  3  ...  139  140  141  142  143   
Author Topic: Legion Trivia
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
No, it's not Triplicate Girl. Nor Blok, who survived for at least a few minutes after his arm was blown off.

The example in question involves a character losing an arm, and only an arm.

And it's not Gear.

There's a bit of a clue in the original post.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Was this in the "Mask Man" story?

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Nope. A story told *much* later...
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Did Sensor ever lose her robotic arms in the reboot? Maybe when she was captured and nearly operated on by Pernisius or something? Does that count?
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
It was the 5YL Garth, who thanks to the Validus Plague, had lost his arm...
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

I'd actually forgotten that Garth lost his arm a third time, but it's a distinct character I'm looking for.

You're thinking about the problem in the right way, though.

And I don't believe Sensor lost her robotic arms, but the scene in question has a character with a natural arm losing it.

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Did Firefist maybe lose his arm in a Khundian battle arena before he became a cyborg?

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Perhaps so, but I'm looking for a loss of an arm while an Active Legionnaire.

Here's a hint: It was in battle with the Fatal Five that the arm was lost.

Chaim Mattis Keller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Garth didn't lose an arm to the Validus plague. He just got unsightly blemishes on the arm that had been regrown.

Lost an arm in battle with the Fatal Five? I so don't remember this happening. Was it in Superboy's Legion? Did that version of Lightning Lad lose his arm? (I'll assume it was the Persuader who was responsible)

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

quote:
Originally posted by Chaim Mattis Keller:
Garth didn't lose an arm to the Validus plague. He just got unsightly blemishes on the arm that had been regrown.

But he did lose again right before Zero Hour, or was retconned to have never gotten it back, or something like that.

quote:

Lost an arm in battle with the Fatal Five? I so don't remember this happening. Was it in Superboy's Legion? Did that version of Lightning Lad lose his arm? (I'll assume it was the Persuader who was responsible)

Garth didn't lose his arm in Superboy's Legion.
Blacula
Easy

Cosmic Boy did though. At last! You had us all stumped there EDE!

[ July 07, 2005, 08:25 AM: Message edited by: Blacula ]

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Yep, Blacula, that's it!

You know, I'm always surprised which ones turn out to be stumpers. I guess the hard part about this one is that it was an "Elseworlds" tale and so people don't immediately think of it. I thought the "different versions" from the original question might get people thinking about different continuities and who might have had the equivalent fate in them, however.

[ July 07, 2005, 08:33 AM: Message edited by: Eryk Davis Ester ]

Chaim Mattis Keller

quote:
But he did lose again right before Zero Hour, or was retconned to have never gotten it back, or something like that.
What you're thinking of is that DURING Zero Hour, when Glorith and Mordru stole the Infinite Man's power, the Legionnaires' personal timelines got all messed up...they found themselves in costumes from varying eras (excuse for Saturn Girl to wear the pink bikini again) (though their memories were intact, they didn't think they were living at any time other than 2996). One of those occurrences was that Garth did indeed have a robotic arm again, though the rest of his body was dressed in its contemporary way.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

Blacula
Easy

Which 2 Legionnaires fell asleep in each other's arms, while looking at the covers of 'Legion of Super-Heroes' comics on the monitor screen?
Chaim Mattis Keller

Blok and the White Witch.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

This topic comprises 143 pages: 1  2  3  ...  139  140  141  142  143   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.