Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Legion Trivia (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 143 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  141  142  143   
Author Topic: Legion Trivia
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
It had to get started at sometime.

Who served the most terms as Legion Leader, pre-boot?

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 5 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Would that be ... Lightning Lad? [Lightning Lad]
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm going to take a guess and NOT look at Chaim's Legion Help File. :-)

Didn't Sensor Girl have like 4 terms in a row during the 5-year gap?

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Possibly Cosmic Boy?

He has two terms in the beginning of Legion history, plus co-leader of TMK's Adult Legion, and leader of the SW6 Legion. Not to mention leader of Shooter's Adult Legion...

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
EDE has it even though Kid Prime is right to, in a way.

Here is the breakdown as I have it from the founding in 2973 through 2995:

Cosmic Boy: 2973, 2974, 2994 (co-leader), 2995 (co-leader)
Saturn Girl: 2975, 2976
Brainiac 5: 2977
Invisible Kid: 2978
Ultra Boy: 2979 (1st half), 2980 (2nd half)
Karate Kid: 2979 (2nd half)
Mon-El: 2980 (1st half), 2981
Wildfire: 2982
Lightning Lad: 2983
Dream Girl: 2984
Element Lad: 2985, 2986,
Polar Boy: 2987, 2988,
Sensor Girl: 2989, 2990, 2991
Chameleon Boy: 2994 (co-leader), 2995 (co-leader)

Rokk had four legal terms as leader. Projectra had four official terms but her last one (2992) doesn't count as see had left in 2991 to reacquire her crown on Orando. Due to political reasons the change in leadership was not recognized.

During 2991 there were four leaders: Sensor Girl, Timber Wolf, Sun Boy then Polar Boy. A very unstable year for our Legion. In 2992 the Legion was disbanded and not reformed until 2994.

So I'm declaring EDE the winner of this round unless someone else can prove me wrong.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Well, before anyone can challenge it, I'm going to move the game along...

When was the tradition of not voting for oneself in leadership elections first mentioned?

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm going to guess when Ultra Boy ran against Dream Girl. Jo went against the tradition by voting for himself -- it was also the first time there were open elections so everyone could see how everyone was voting. I don't know if that's the first time that tradition was mentioned though.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

While it is mentioned in that story, Levitz was drawing on an older source for that feature of Legion lore.

If it's before open elections, how might one figure out that someone had violated the tradition?

Eryk Davis Ester

Just bumping... didn't think the question would be THAT hard...
Reep
Resigned

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reep           Edit/Delete Post     
It ain't.

Adv 304. Colossal Boy makes this comment in his thoughts after observing that Saturn Girl's election victory was unanimous. Later, she invades Iraq.

I'll try to come back with a good 'un.

[Chameleon Boy]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reep
Resigned

Okay, I just remembered this question I was curious about a while back that I answered with some research. I believe I'm correct, even though I didn't have a 100% complete collection at the time and no longer have all the issues that were contenders for the correct answer. I just remember the winner and the amount involved.

Q: Excluding Who's Who In The Legion # 7, which has 270(!) thumbnail portraits of Legion characters on it's cover [great for Avatars, hint, hint], what comic book cover has the most Legionnaires on it?

By my count, the cover in question shows 28 different Legionnaires on it. (Your guess might not beat that, but go ahead and mention any that have more than 20 just for the fun info!

It's either going to be very very easy, or very hard. I hate those! [Big Grin]

[Okay this second question isn't a quiz Q (so no "winning" if you supply the answer!,) but I'm curious about something similar. Maybe somebody else has found out. Simple inquiry: What was the first ever depiction of the whole team together, i.e. one scene that included every then-current Legionnaire? I doubt that it happened during the Forte period, maybe not even the Swan period. It might not have even happened till Levitz took over, perhaps in the last pages of #245's Earthwar saga? Or as late as V2 #300's cover? Anybody know?]

[Chameleon Boy]

Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
The only candidate I can find for this is "LSH" v2 n300, with the group "watch the birdie" portrait of 27 Legionnaires (including reservists), taken by Proty II.

This cover also had those characters drawn by 27 different artists, with 6 more yet taking part in inking a character.

I don't know how you're counting members, though, and whether Proty II qualifies. Also, if what you have in mind is from the "Adventure"/"Action" eras, I'm out of luck.

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reep
Resigned

I'm just counting "real" members at the time of the comic, and all issues that have Legionnaires on the cover, regardless of the actual title, are in the running.

I do believe V2 #300 came in second place with 27 members (nothing tied it that I recall,) and third place was I believe 26 members, but I can't remember what issue that was. But like I said if anyone finds covers with 20+ Legionnaires on it, post and mention it, because likewise IIRC, I only came across around ten comics with 20+ members on the cover.

BTW, I had to give an unavoidable clue somewhere in my few posts on this topic! But it ain't a howler.

I hope somebody can venture some possibilities on my second (non-quiz) question. It might be even considered "essential" trivia for a comic series about a Legion of characters to know when they were first all shown together!!

[Chameleon Boy]

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Legion of Super Heroes (V2) # 280 ?
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reep
Resigned

Nope. But I believe that was one of the ten 20+ Legionnaire covers.

No longer have that issue, so I'm straining to recall, but I think it was in the lower 20s.

However, it might be contender for my second question. Someone would have to check to see if all then-active Legionnaires are on it. If so, it sets a handy demarcation date for searching only prior issues for an earlier first complete active Membership picture.

[Chameleon Boy]

This topic comprises 143 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  141  142  143   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.