Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Legion Trivia (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 143 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  141  142  143   
Author Topic: Legion Trivia
Reep
Resigned

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reep           Edit/Delete Post     
Reckon I done answered your "premature" question correctly, Drake, but go ahead and ask a 'nuther one, cuz Becky Sue's got me all tuckered out...

[Chameleon Boy]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 5 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Q: Name five Legionnaires (all eras) who have lost body parts and name the parts (death doesn't count).
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3003:
Q: Name five Legionnaires (all eras) who have lost body parts and name the parts (death doesn't count).

Let's see if I can get this one:

Garth (both versions): Lost right arm.
Vi (pre-boot): Lost right eye and a leg (don't remember which).
Drake (both versions): Lost entire body, does that count?
Dawnstar (pre-boot): Lost her wings
Shadow Lass (pre-boot): Cut off finger in wedding rite.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reep
Resigned

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reep           Edit/Delete Post     
Lil' bud Proty, uh sorry, "LL," I think you probably got 4 outta 5. I'm doubting Wildfire.

I think the fifth is maybe Kinetix. She had a tail once and lost it at some point,

If this is correct and makes the five, I donate my 1/5th question to my lil' bud Proty, damn, sorry, "LL," and he can do next Q.

If I'm wrong, this post never happened. Just like the Glorith universe and the Proty/Garth. [Smile]

[Chameleon Boy]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I thought about Kinetix but I didn't think her tail and ears (she had pointed ears too) counted since she reverted to normal. But I could be wrong since that is a period of the Legion I am not too familiar with.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm... if Wildfire is indeed the fifth one, I would think a case could also be made for Luornu.

Does a case of Grandin Gender Reversal germs count? Then Tenzil qualifies...

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
While there are more than 5 Legionnaires who have lost body parts (I'm surprised no one's mentioned Ferro's recent loss of a finger or two), I did indeed count Wildfire among them -- he's gone on and on enough about losing a body that I decided to count him.

So Lightning Lad's go it! (I hadn't thought of the Shady one though and I don't remember it, but I'll take your word for it)

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3003:
While there are more than 5 Legionnaires who have lost body parts (I'm surprised no one's mentioned Ferro's recent loss of a finger or two), I did indeed count Wildfire among them -- he's gone on and on enough about losing a body that I decided to count him.

So Lightning Lad's go it! (I hadn't thought of the Shady one though and I don't remember it, but I'll take your word for it)

Thanks Drake. The story where Tasmia cut off her finger in a Talokian marriage ritual was in issue #51 or #52 of the second series. And I had totally forgotten about Ferro having his fingers broke off. I wonder if they still are?

I'll provide a question tomorrow as it is way past my bedtime.

[ July 11, 2003, 12:14 AM: Message edited by: Lightning Lad ]

Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
{/BelatedInterjection ON}

Where, DrakeB, did you read the phrase "centuries of inbreeding"? I don't recall that being in any description of Dawnstar.

Variations on the term "mutant," legitimate and not, yes. Paul Levitz wasn't on top of such science, and the proper term was still fairly new back in '77, but did exist: "genetic engineering."

"Mutation" is generally reserved to describe naturally occurring, or uncontrolled, sharp variation in a physical quality on the genetic level, and apart from the effects of procreation. "X-Men" always used it properly.

Inbreeding rarely can be controlled in its outcome, and that's why the taboo on incest arose ... but I don't think that is what anyone who even wrote ad blurbs for the Legion ever had in mind. Still, it's worth noting that many cultures -- including many American Indian tribes -- do not consider relations between first cousins to be incestuous, as U.S. states' laws tend to do.

{/BelatedInterjection OFF}

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

We all know of Magno-Ball (or should). Name three other organized spectator sports in the 30th/31st Century
minesurfer
Member Standing Proudly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minesurfer   Email minesurfer         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll guess...

1. Magneto-ball (its a small, offshoot of the mainstream Magno-ball played mainly in the outer rim where they can't can't afford real Magno balls)

2. Talokian River Dancing (mostly seen off panel)

3. Legion Shower Room Watching (I hear the female looker...ahem, Locker Room can become quite heated and steamed)

What did I win? [Smile]

--------------------
Something Filthy!

From: NOVA by way of NOIN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by minesurfer:
What did I win? [Smile]

A free round of Legion Shower Room Watching but only while Monsteress is there. [Razz]
DrakeB3004

Icon 2 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Greybird:
Where, DrakeB, did you read the phrase "centuries of inbreeding"? I don't recall that being in any description of Dawnstar.

I only read it for the first time myself recently when I bought a whole stack of old "S&LSH" and "LSH" books -- I was taken aback by that description myself since you'd think inbreeding had a negative connotation even in 1978.

"Superboy and the Legion of Superheroes" #240: The Man who Manacled the Legion (yes, it's good ol' Grimbor). There's a backup story with Dawnstar and the other trainees where she tells her origin to Laurel Kent. And I quote:

"My people were renowned throughout the galaxy for their proficiency in deep space navigating and piloting. I am the result of centuries of inbreeding... the ultimate navigator -- with a natural propulsion system far greater than any starship's."

So now you know ... and knowing is half the battle ...

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm...

1) Moopsball.

2) Batball.

and, ummmm...

3) Robot Gladiator battles (as seen in the "Secret Origin of Bouncing Boy"

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
1 -- rollerball
2 -- sonic bass fishing
3 -- speed fucking

This topic comprises 143 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  141  142  143   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.