Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Legion Trivia (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 143 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  141  142  143   
Author Topic: Legion Trivia
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
While I like Drake's third answer, EDE got the closest. The first two were ones I was looking for and the third one also fits. I would have also accepted ricochetball and kangobronc racing.

You're up Eryk.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
{/DawnyAside ON}

Grey: Where did you read the phrase "centuries of inbreeding"? [...]
Drake: "SLSH" #240 {Dawnstar's origin story}.

Well, that's why I didn't recall it from any description by others -- it's how she described herself. As I noted, I don't believe writer Levitz was quite aware that he wasn't on top of the proper terms, and this was when he was still defining the character. (His only non-story reference to her thus far had been a roster in SLSH 231, where she was said to be from Earth, with "more details later." Starhaven had yet to be discovered.)

Other nuances were missing there, as well, I'd say. She was shown as far too abrasive, even with having met a payroll before Brande recruited her for the Academy. And this story was set at the Academy, before she met (and joined) the Legion in Superboy 226. Levitz admitted in a later lettercolumn that the legend "An Untold Story of the LSH" was omitted.

{/DawnyAside OFF}

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Keep forgetting that need to ask a question!

Alright, name all Legionnaires who have different homeworlds since the reboot than they did before.

[ July 13, 2003, 08:50 AM: Message edited by: Eryk Davis Ester ]

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
Andromeda
Karate Kid
Kid Quantum I
Collosal Boy / Leviathan
Wildfire (sort of)

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

That's all I came up with D.B.!

But it should be noted that Xanthu was what Kid Quantum claimed as his homeworld preboot.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Don't forget Timberwolf.

And though he doesn't count in this question, R.J. Brande as well.

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
Damn! I forget all about T Wolf. Guess that makes it your question Drake!

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

I'm still inclined to give it to Danny. It's not completely clear that Brin is a native Rimborian, versus someone who just ended up there and fell into a gang. He could still be from Zuun, for all we know.
Mattropolis

OK then, what were the original pre boot homeworlds of the above Legionnaires? Just to keep the thread going...

--------------------
Touch the magic...

Mattropolis

Guess I killed the game LOL [Lightning Lad]

--------------------
Touch the magic...

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Andromeda - Ricklef II
Karate Kid - Earth
Kid Quantum I - Antares II
Collosal Boy / Leviathan - Earth
Wildfire - Earth

Assuming those where the Legionnaires in question.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

yup, your turn

--------------------
Touch the magic...

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Who called the scantily-clad, large-proportioned women of Aarok "Amazon Babes" and what Legionnaire calls the same planet home?
Eryk Davis Ester

I believe the answers are Jamm and XS.
Lightning Lad
Founder

You got 'em Eryk. I didn't think that would take someone too long to come up with. The next question is yours.
  This topic comprises 143 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  141  142  143   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.