Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Legion Trivia (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 143 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  141  142  143   
Author Topic: Legion Trivia
Reep
Resigned

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reep           Edit/Delete Post     
Then again, maybe not.

Okay here's the answer.

Recall I said I had to give an unavoidable clue. In stating the Trivia Question, I necessarily prefaced it with "With the exception of Who's Who in LSH # 7" because of it's 270 thumbnail Legion character portraits.

Well, the answer is Who's Who in LSH # 6! 28 Legionnaires, count 'em up. I was sure somebody would go thru the other six issues and spot # 6's plethora of Legionnaires, but maybe not that many people have it (WWLSH issues are not easy to find; I don't have # 3 myself and hopefully that doesn't have 29 Legionnaires!)

The cover artists cited as clues are Jim Valentino (penciller) and George Perez (inker.) It was pubbed in Oct, 1988.

If somebody has # 6 and wants to post a cover image for everybody it may be hard because it's a wraparound. The back half has 14 L's and so does the front. The scene is simply all the L's flying outward in a loose sunburst pattern over a close shot of 31st century Metropolis, with a beautiful warm orange sky behind them. It's a great scene.

Okay, next Trivia Question and I'll make it easy!

Who is the only Adventure era Legionnaire to have an alliterative civilian name? (Princess Projectra doesn't count. )

[Chameleon Boy]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Reep:
Re: my second Q about the first all active membership depiction: I can't think of any active members at that time who were left out of that cover. So, unless someone mentions either a missed Legionnaire or comes up with an earlier cover or panel with all the active membership, I'm going to proclaim the cover of SB/LSH #280 the earliest known scene of the entire active Legion membership!

Doesn't the large "Find Ultra Boy" slightly dent that [Smile]

quote:
Who is the only Adventure era Legionnaire to have an alliterative civilian name? (Princess Projectra doesn't count. )
Nura Nal (Dream Girl)

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reep
Resigned

quote:
Originally posted by Sanity or Madness?:

Doesn't the large "Find Ultra Boy" slightly dent that [Smile]

Normally that would be true, but in this case it's merely accurate. [Embarrassed]

However, Nura is both true and accurate!

You're up, SorM!

[Chameleon Boy]

Reboot

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
OH boy...

Okay then - full names & codenames of both of post-boot Wildfire's component selves.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Blast-Off: Leroy Drake
Atom'x: Randall Burroughs

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

Icon 5 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm pretty sure I'm right (though it'd be embarrasing if I weren't considering my name and avatar [Smile] ) so I'll just ask the next Q to move things along:

Which character was the product of "centuries of inbreeding"

[ July 10, 2003, 01:08 PM: Message edited by: DrakeB3003 ]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
Tasmia?

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

Nope -- not her, but thanks for playing and try again [Smile]
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
Sigh... I'll stick with my crazy multiple-board meta-games... :-(

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reep
Resigned

quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3003:
Which character was the product of "centuries of inbreeding"

Dubya?

Boy, Drake, if there ever was a straight line...!

Seriously, I'm gonna guess Dawnstar.

I wanted to post the results of a search I did on my inquiry of what was the first known panel/cover that had all the active Legionnaires in it.

Even though I felt It wasn't in Adventure, I decided to check issues I knew had many members in it. Before I did, I made the time-saving observation that scene would have to have Supergirl, since she was on active status during Adventure, even if she only appeared roughly every year. Checked 313, 325, 359/360, but no luck.

Moving on, I recalled the great wedding scene in SB 200 with a zillion characters. Checking the story reveals that Mon & Shady stayed on monitor duty at the HQ and weren't in the scene.

So I went all the way to my original suspicion of SB 245, and sure enough, the first panel of the epilogue, the one with everybody seated around the round meeeting table while Wildfire banged a gavel, does indeed have every active Legionnaire in the picture.

I used my list on the order the Legionnaires joined, and every Legionnaire not in the scene was either dead or had some form of reserve status at that time (including Tyroc who I believe by then had some official designation of detached service or the like.) Interestingly, on the very next page Garth & Imra rejoin the team.

So there it is - until disproven with an earlier example - the first known depiction of all active Legionnaires in one scene is the epilogue to The Earthwar in Superboy & The Legion # 245.

Another Legion mystery solved!

[Chameleon Boy]

Reboot

quote:
Blast-Off: Leroy Drake
Atom'x: Randall Burroughs

WRONG!!

I emphasised full names, and one of the real names is incomplete.

--------------------

DrakeB3004

Icon 4 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
D'oh!!

How about: Blast-Off -- Jahr-Drake Ningle which was later retconned to Leroy I think

[ July 10, 2003, 05:09 PM: Message edited by: DrakeB3003 ]

DrakeB3004

Oh yeah, and yes you are correct!! Dawnstar's abilities came through "centuries of inbreeding" (eewwwww...)
Reboot

quote:
D'oh!!

How about: Blast-Off -- Jahr-Drake Ningle which was later retconned to Leroy I think

That'll do [Smile]

--------------------

Reep
Resigned

quote:
Oh yeah, and yes you are correct!! Dawnstar's abilities came through "centuries of inbreeding" (eewwwww...)

So, new Legion law of genetics: Boff your cousin and your kids gets wings and FTL speed.

"Becky Sue! C'mere, darlin', we gots to create us a passel of 'lil angels!"

[Chameleon Boy]

This topic comprises 143 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  141  142  143   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.