Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Legion Trivia (Page 73)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 143 pages: 1  2  3  ...  70  71  72  73  74  75  76  ...  141  142  143   
Author Topic: Legion Trivia
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Superboy and Chameleon Boy (disguised as Bouncing Boy).
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
You are correct sir!

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Continuing the Wanderers theme:

Which Wanderer had a twin brother?

What was his code name?

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korbal
The Lightning World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korbal   Email Korbal         Edit/Delete Post     
The Wanderers also appeared in LSH #300 too.

--------------------
"I am the LEGION--you colossal Jerk!"--Garth Ranzz LEGION #63

Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
I know!

It was Patty Duke Lass!

and she has a BRitish accent.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

:stumped:

--------------------

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
Are you talking about Quanto and Quantum Queen?

That was just a reader and editor making a joke in a letter column wasn't it?

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Well, Quantum Queen is who I'm thinking about, and the answer is from a letter column, but it's not Quanto who's her twin brother (though that may be in another letter column...)
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Oh, yeah. I think there was a Quantum Lad suggested in a Bits of Legionnaire Business column that a reader suggested could be QQ's twin.

--------------------

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

That's it. Actually, the reader suggested QQ was Quantum Lad's girlfriend, to which Mort Weisinger replied that QQ was in fact Quantum Lad's twin sister, who shared his power to turn into a beam of light.

You're up, Jim!

jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Sticking to the Wanderers theme, since I don't have anything else in mind.

There was a mistake in their first appearance. What was it?

--------------------

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Didn't the pair ups get screwed up between the two issues?

--------------------

jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

I think you're on the right track, Varalent, but it all happened in one issue. Can you be more specific?

--------------------

Vee
Still smoooooth!

From memory: I think the seeding should not have been able to produce a Superboy v Bouncing Boy final. I believe they should actually have faced each other in the semi final round. Don't recall who the fourth semi finalist was (Saturn Girl?) but the juxtapsition of Chuck (actually Cham) beating Supes was much more appealing & compeling so they switched them around with no explanation.

How's my memory? [Big Grin]

--------------------

jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Pretty good, Varalent. The 4th semi-finalist was Karate Kid. He and Chameleon Boy were slated to fight Elvo. Bouncing Boy and Superboy were slated to fight Psyche. Instead, Superboy and Karate Kid fought Elvo and Cham and BB fought Psyche.

The Legion's sense of fairplay--or lack thereof--in that story always bothered me. Sun Boy defeated Quantum Queen, but Karate Kid kayoed him in order to claim the "collar" in cop talk. Chemical King defeated Ornitho, but Cham claimed the collar, only because CK was busy saving Saturn Girl. Superboy could've easily swooped in and grabbed Celebrand at super speed ahead of Chuck/Cham, but he, at least, was apparently too fairminded to do so.

Anyway, take it away, Varalent.

--------------------

This topic comprises 143 pages: 1  2  3  ...  70  71  72  73  74  75  76  ...  141  142  143   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.