Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » The 3 for 1 general quiz (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 65 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  63  64  65   
Author Topic: The 3 for 1 general quiz
PolarBoy
Drunk in 4 different threads

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PolarBoy   Email PolarBoy         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm sorry if there is a general trivia quiz thread out their but I couldn't find it. Anyway this will be slightly different how it works is that there will be three general knowledge questions posted and the first person to post all 3 correct answers in the same reply carries on the game.
The only rules I have are that all 3 questions should be diffrent topics (Eg one science one pop music and one geography)
If you know one or two of the answers and feel generous you can post them but it will be the first person who posts all 3 that gets the nod.

--------------------
:polarboy:

From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PolarBoy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PolarBoy   Email PolarBoy         Edit/Delete Post     
Ok I'll start

1) What European country has the longest name with no repeated letters?

2) Who were queen Elizabeth the firsts parents?

3) Who wrote Kylie Minogue's song "Spinning around" for herself then decided she was too old to release it?

--------------------

From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
1) Switzerland
2) Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn
3) Paula Abdul

[ December 14, 2004, 04:02 PM: Message edited by: Semi Transparent Fellow ]

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PolarBoy

wow no fooling you. thats 3 from 3 your turn.

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
[Bump] for Semi.

This looks like it will be a fun thread for us of the trivial minds.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm sure Ken Jennings needs something to do now anyway...
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
This is a great idea for a game!

Eagerly awaiting the next question... waiting... waiting... [Wink]

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm sorry, I forgot about this thread. Now I have to think up 3 questions. Hmmmm.

1. Who was originally cast as the Tin Man in the Wizard of Oz?

2. What was Elizabeth Bathory's beauty secret?

3. Name all the sons on "My Three Sons."

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
1. Buddy Ebsen lost the role after he became allergic to the paint or metal used in the costume.

2. She bathed in the blood young women, first peasants then those of noble blood.

3. Mike, Robbie and Chip. Ernie, Chip's friend, was later adopted.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Most excellent, Sparkles. [Smile] Your turn.
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
1. Three of the cast of Gilligan's Island were played by different actors in the pilot. Name them.

2. What are Asimov's Three Laws of Robotics?

3. Who said, "The empires of the future are the empires of the mind"?

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
1) The professor, Ginger, & Mr. Howell

2) 1: Never harm a human being either through action or inaction
2: Always obeya human being except when it would contradict the first law
3: Preserve yourself except when it contradicts the first two laws.

3. Heinlein?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Quis, you got two thirds of number one right, all of number two and struck out on number three.
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
The professor, Ginger, and Mary Ann were played by different people.

The answer to #3 is Winston Churchill.

Outta here for the weekend - later.

[ December 17, 2004, 09:31 AM: Message edited by: lancesrealm ]

From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

That's the rest of it lance but going by PolarBoy's rules the winner is the one to post all the answers correctly in the same post.
  This topic comprises 65 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  63  64  65   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.