Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » TRIAD: only for serious mindbending! (Page 33)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  ...  127  128  129   
Author Topic: TRIAD: only for serious mindbending!
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
I am guessing that it is something Bond does. Are these films in which he does NOT say, "shaken, not stirred?"
From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
No, it has something to do with where action takes place

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
Does much of the action take place in England?
From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Many of the Bond films have scenes set in England.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
Well Diamonds Are Forever is mostly set in Vegas (although 'Vegas' is never actually used in any of the dialogue oddly enough) but I think the other two are all over the world. Is it actually to do with the story or where the film was shot? Otherwise I'm stumped.

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller

Not where the film was shot, where the story is set.

I'll throw another hint: in Diamonds Are Forever, the scene in this location does not contain Bond, though in the other two movies (Spy Who Loved Me and Living Daylights), Bond is seen in that place.

I'll throw in one more hint: Moonraker is unique in the way the three mentioned are a triad (and not because it's partially set in space; it's an Earth location).

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
They all involve scenes in or on volcanoes?

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller

No...in fact, I don't think any of the ones I mentioned include volcanoes.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
They all include scenes in Africa?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller

Bingo! Diamonds are Forever had some of the diamond-smuggling scenes, including a Wint & Kidd murder, in an unspecified, but definitely African, country. The Spy Who Loved Me had Bond action in Cairo and Giza, Egypt, and Living Daylights had him in Tangier, Morocco.

The Moonraker hint was meant to point to the fact that that film is the only one with any scenes set in South America.

Take it away, EDE!

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

Eryk Davis Ester

Turtles
Sharks
Ants

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller

None of them are Kosher.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

Eryk Davis Ester

I would think sharks *are* kosher, but that's not what I had in mind, anyway.
Chaim Mattis Keller

They're not; fish must have scales in order to be Kosher.

Is it that those species are the same now as they were since the time of the dinosaurs?

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

Eryk Davis Ester

That's close enough to what I was going for, cmk.

The exact answer was: "Types of animals that survived the extinction event that wiped out the dinosaurs."

This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  ...  127  128  129   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.