Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » TRIAD: only for serious mindbending! (Page 34)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  ...  127  128  129   
Author Topic: TRIAD: only for serious mindbending!
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Alan Alda
Sarah Michelle Gellar
Peta Wilson

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
Did they all star in TV shows that were based on movies as characters that were originally played by different actor (eg. Donald Sutherland was Hawkeye in the movie version of MASH)?

--------------------
LSH Archives Vol.3 • Part 2

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
That's correct!

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
OK, here's mine (pretty easy, I think)

Anthony Hopkins
Billy Crudup
Henry Czerny

--------------------

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller

Did they all portray cannibals?

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

Xben
Deputy

First guess at four days, but that's not correct, to my knowledge. Of course Anthony Hopkins did, but I'm not aware of the others doing that.

It does have to do with a commonality in a roll that each of them played. It was three different movies, three different characters, but a quite specific link between them, quite well known is certain segments of popular culture. A hint is that I'm quite confident they are the ONLY three actors to share this link in the movies. However, there would be others if you included television.

--------------------

The truth set me free

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Each of them were in one of the Mission: Unwatc- ... I mean, Mission: Impossible trilogy of movies.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

That's true, and that's most of the answer, but my thoughts were a little more specific than that. Remember, I said I cannot think of any other actors who share this link, at least in movies.

--------------------

The truth set me free

Xben
Deputy

Basically, to take it further, what did their rolls in the Mission: Impossible movies have in common, that is shared by none of the other actors. It's something that would not be any big deal to anyone who isn't a fan of the TV series.

--------------------

The truth set me free

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

they all played versions of original series characters?
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

No, in fact none of them did necessarily (Jon Voight is the only person in the movies to play a character who was definitely on the original series). But they all had a function in the movie that was a key part of the original series--in fact, one of the most famous parts of the original series.

--------------------

The truth set me free

lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
They did the voices on the tape that self-destructed?
From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

That's it--definitely one of the most famous aspects of the original series. The differences here being that in the original series that voice was never a character, but in all three movies they were.

--------------------

The truth set me free

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

all three (diliberately or not) give Scientology Lad his missions?
Xben
Deputy

More or less correct, Kent, but Lance had what I was looking for.

--------------------

The truth set me free

This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  ...  127  128  129   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.