Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Name Three (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 113 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  111  112  113   
Author Topic: Name Three
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
NK, EE, and Pulsar Stargrave?

Not exactly sure that would count as a death, but it looked like he'd have a hard time pulling himself back together after his defeat by Stone Boy.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry, Ben Pares? Was he the thief who stole the Legion's clock? If he died under Levitz, than I guess you are correct, though it's not the one I was thinking of. If you're just guessing and don't know for sure, than it's still out there unless someone else can confirm Pares' death.

If that's not the answer, than I'll post another (significant) hint pretty soon.

--------------------
LSH Archives Vol.3 • Part 2

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Downunder Lad
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Downunder Lad   Email Downunder Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
NK, EE, and Computo?

OK, Computo didn't die, he was reprogrammed, but you could argue that Computo 1.0 "died" during the Danielle Foccart incident...

From: Botany Bay | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry, I missed the Pulsar Stargrave post earlier. I don't remember Stargrave dying under Levitz. Am I wrong? And I wasn't counting Computo either. Actually, Computo wasn't created by Jim Shooter, anyway.

OK, here's the big hint. This third character that I'm thinking of originally appeared in a story written by Jim Shooter, but in that story, the character WAS NOT a villain!

So who was created not-a-villain by Shooter, but was a villain by the time they were killed by Levitz?

--------------------

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

Actually, now that I think of it, I don't recall the details of the "death" story so well, so I'm hoping I'm not making a mistake in saying the character actually died!

--------------------

The truth set me free

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Re: Ben Pares.

I was just guessing.

[ September 15, 2006, 10:56 PM: Message edited by: He Who Wanders ]

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I've got it!

NK, EE ... and Laurel Kent.

--------------------

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

Yes!

--------------------

The truth set me free

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

That was a good question, Xben!

Bands such as Crosby Stills Nash & Young and Asia are famous for including two members of previously famous bands (Stephen Stills and Neil Young of Buffalo Springfield, and Steve Howe and Geoff Downes of Yes, respectively). Name three bands that include or have included three members of previously famous bands.

--------------------

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Travelling Wilburys
Hot Tuna
Ringo and the All Starrs

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Travelling Wilburys consisted of George Harrison, Roy Orbison, Tom Petty, Bob Dylan, and Jeff Lynne, none of whom were in a previous band together.

Hot Tuna is correct, as early members included Jorma Kaukonen, Jack Casady, and Marty Balin, all from Jefferson Airplane.

Ringo and the All Stars contained two members of both the Eagles and the Band at various times, but not three of any group.

--------------------

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
oh, so they have to have been in the same band. wasn't clear.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Where are all the music trivia buffs? Krypton Kid? Miner?

Clue: The three bands I'm thinking of -- I'd forgotten about Hot Tuna -- are British.

One was a hard rock band active in the '70s and '80s.

The second was named after an indy comic book.

The third band was formed after the suicide of the previous band's lead singer.

--------------------

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Yes, Kent, I'm looking for three members of the same bands. Sorry for the confusion. I thought my examples of Asia and CSNY were clear enough.

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Whitesnake included three former members of Deep Purple.

Velvet Revolver includes three former members of Guns'n'Roses.

With Hot Tuna that gives me three.

If you want to go up to four members, there's Anderson, Bruford, Wakeman, Howe, which was made up of former members of Yes.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 113 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  111  112  113   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.