Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Song Titles - In Other (English language) Words (Page 39)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 47 pages: 1  2  3  ...  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  ...  45  46  47   
Author Topic: Song Titles - In Other (English language) Words
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Clue time?

Here's the first verse:

Deep hole in the ground, the speaker encountered a divine descendent
Sauntering abreast of a certain thoroughfare
Thereupon the speaker inquired of the other’s destination
As follows the other responded

Declared, the other intends to descend upon a grange owned by a Russian-Jewish scion
To affiliate with a indigenous American music assemblage.
Must return to topsoil thereupon to manumit the immaterial force within self.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Still no takers?

Here are two more clues:

1. One-word title, mentioned only once in the song, and

2. The chorus:

The collective singers claim to be the answer to cleome's previous puzzle;
They also claim to be of yellow or yellowish-brown color.
Furthermore, they require return transportation for those identical ones that they are toward a particular plot of ground where herbs, fruits, flowers, or vegetables are cultivated.

Come on, classic rock fans: You should know this!

--------------------

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Joni Mitchell's Woodstock ?

[Doctor Mayavale]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

That's it, cleome! Also a hit single for Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, who were actually at Woodstock. Mitchell wasn't--she watched it on TV.

--------------------

cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
(I think she drew/painted the cover of the CSN&Y album that has their version of the song, as well.)

Permit Pleasurable Moments To Move As Does A Round Stone When Pushed By Gravity Down A Hill

(Note: More Than One "Classic" Song exists with this title. I can think of two off the top of my head, and I will accept either one.)

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Okay, hint:

Five Words in the title.

The earlier song containing the title opens with the following lines:

Attention, all people, permit us all to enjoy ourselves

Second party (pl.) gets a single go-round on the mortal plane. After that it's all finished.

Permit Pleasurable Moments To Move As Does A Round Stone When Pushed By Gravity Down A Hill

Age is of no consequence. I insist: permit Pleasurable Moments To Move As Does A Round Stone When Pushed By Gravity Down A Hill...

The other song that's well-known and has the same title begins as follows:

Permit such moments to impact the second party as though said party were the ball in a game of racquetball

Permit such moments to induce comical behavior in the second party...

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Let the Good Times Roll

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Yep. Louis Jordan or The Cars. Take your pick.

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
The singer will be immortal

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

"Fame," as sung by Irene Cara?

--------------------

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
'I Will Survive,' by Gloria Gaynor?
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Cleome is close. Set is incorrect.

Actually cleome has it. I thought that the title was Fame (I'm gonna live forever) and when I first looked it up found the song named "I'm Gonna Live Forever". Now upon checking again, I see the song titled "Fame".

If I had "Fame" or "Fame (I'm gonna live forever)" as the title, my alternative title would have been:

Public estimation or popular acclaim

[ October 08, 2009, 03:50 PM: Message edited by: Quislet, Esq. ]

--------------------

cleome46

Okay then. Here's another:

Keep a tight grip upon an object generally perceived as straight and narrow. [Could be a rope, for example.]

--------------------

cleome46

First lyric:

The narrator denies the importance of the manner the second party employs when gripping the narrator

Likewise the importance of the manner the second party employs while expressing feelings of empathy

The narrator denies the importance of the manner the second party employs while interacting with the narrator's closest associates

Likewise the importance of the manner the second party employs while remaining present, even when events have concluded

The narrator denies the importance of the manner the second party employs when presenting herself/himself physically

Much less what actions the second party verbally notes s/he plans on pursuing at some future date

--------------------

cleome46

Additional hints. Here's the chorus:

Keep a tight grip upon an object generally perceived as straight and narrow.

Affection doesn't stick to a set schedule.

(Repeat twice.)

By the way, the title is three words long.

--------------------

This topic comprises 47 pages: 1  2  3  ...  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  ...  45  46  47   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.