Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Song Titles - In Other (English language) Words (Page 40)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 47 pages: 1  2  3  ...  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  45  46  47   
Author Topic: Song Titles - In Other (English language) Words
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Hold the Line by Toto? (I haven't read the hints yet, so I could be way off. I just wanted to try based off of the first post.)
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Set is correct! [Cool]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
The listener is admonished to regard with no apprehension the symbolic embodiment of the permanant cessation of vital functions.
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Don't Fear the Reaper

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

Exactly so, your turn, Jerry.
Jerry
active

A fine piece of material, of the darkest color and of significant measurement from end to end, that is used to cover the face.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Any guesses? This shouldn't be too hard. I'm assuming people are bored with the game instead of stumped. If anyone is trying and needs a clue let me know.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Still interested, Jerry, but haven't a clue. Neither do the guys in my art/writing group with whom I just shared your puzzle.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Would that be Johnny Cash's "Long Black Veil"?

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

That's it, Cleome. You're up.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

cleome46

Okay, then.

Spectral formation, contained by s/he whom the narrator addresses.

--------------------

cleome46

Title is four words long

First set of lyrics:

One person bearing XY chromosomes, and who wears the narrator's footwear as his own, moves through an intersection without heeding proper traffic procedures

Also, printed media is not to be trusted this evening

However, current events descend upon s/he whom the narrator addresses

Seraphs descend as if they were the proverbial "cats and dogs"

Also affection can be found in the total distance between here and Paradise

Chorus:

Contained by the person addressed, exists the measure of a mobile duration

Also, that duration (using a feminine pronoun) fails to vanish

Spectral formation, contained by s/he whom the narrator addresses

Also, that duration (in the feminine tense) fails to vanish...

[ October 21, 2009, 08:45 PM: Message edited by: cleome ]

--------------------

cleome46

Second set of lyrics:

Competition ensues (as in an athletic or vehicular endeavor), the narrator expresses feelings of kinship with the addressed party

Also, the narrator hears his/her motor cease operation

The narrator's emotional state is that of desiring the addressed party's company, desiring an escape (perhaps by foot)

Celestial bodies descend like the proverbial "cats and dogs"

Also, affection isn't transferable for free
[Or, colloquially: affection exists for the taking, but nobody seems to want it]

[repeat chorus]

Forget departure,
That defies logic
Considering the totality of mega-powered males in the addressed party's possession
Only subtract/remove measurements as seen on a clock
Also affection can be found in the total distance between here and Paradise

[repeat chorus]

--------------------

cleome46

Additional hint:

Popular song in the 1980s, though not in the American Top 40.

--------------------

Jerry
active

I'm stumped.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

This topic comprises 47 pages: 1  2  3  ...  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  45  46  47   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.