Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Legion Trivia 3 (Page 132)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  129  130  131  132  133  134   
Author Topic: Legion Trivia 3
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Dawnstar
Chemical King
Timber Wolf
Magnetic Kid
Tellus
Nightwind
Dragonwing
Chemical Kid
Comet Queen
Glorith
Crystal Kid (not sure if he counts, since in the 5 Year Gap, the Academy closed before he actually graduated)
Karate Kid II (same as above)

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
I actually do count Crystal Kid and Karate Kid II. I figure they probably completed more Academy classes in the Glorithverse than most of the current kids have in the Retroboot, after all.

Back to you.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

They probably are better trained, at that.

Hmm...

Rank the ff. Postboot Legionnaires in order by weight, heaviest to lightest. Expect quite a few ties.

Karate Kid
Ferro
Brainiac 5
Cosmic Boy
Invisible Kid
Live Wire
Chameleon
Star Boy
M'Onel
Element Lad
Ultra Boy

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
What does the ff. stand for?

Was this info revealed somewhere? I don't remember it.

HEAVIEST
Ferro (when powered up)
M'Onel
Ultra Boy
Cosmic Boy
Brainiac 5
Star Boy
Live Wire
Karate Kid
Invisible Kid
Element Lad
Chameleon
LIGHTEST

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
Adventures Comics 80-page giant 1 - Cosmic Boy, Live Wire (2nd time), Saturn Girl, Kid Quantum II, Ferro - Blip

Gah! That Adventure Comics Giant infuriated me SO much! I was all excited to see the Legion get some spotlight in another title and it was a frakkin' Lori-Morning-saves-the-day story! [Disgusting]

The fact that PMS were SO intent on forcing that crappy character on us just shows how out of touch they were with the readers during that period (IMO the lowest period in Legion history until the Threeboot came along).

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

No dice, Blacula. Several Legionnaires out of order there. (If you factor the heights in, the weights give an interesting view of which male Legionnaires are beefier and which ones are more slim!)

Sorry, ff. just means "following".

And yes, I can think of 3 sources for the weights. One source gives all of their weights except for Karate Kid.

Another source gives the weights for everyone except Karate Kid and Ferro.

The last one gives the weights of Karate Kid and Ferro.

And yeah, that story was AWFUL - though it gave Kid Quantum II a much-needed spotlight, at least.

--------------------

Future
The Present is Past

re: The Adventure Comics 80-Page Giant ... the art was sure pretty though. I also believe it was the first story (and one of the few of that era) where we ever saw Kid Quantum II in action without one of the other Xanthian Legionnaires running around. Random fun fact.

My guesses without consulting the source material:
M'Onel
Ultra Boy
Star Boy
Karate Kid
Cosmic Boy
Ferro
Invisible Kid
Live Wire
Chameleon
Element Lad
Brainiac 5

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Nope. Not right either, Future.

I'll post the guys' heights; based on body type, it might help make ranking easier.

Cosmic Boy - 5'7
Live Wire - 5'10
Invisible Kid - 5'6
Chameleon - 5'9
Brainiac 5 - 5'7
Star Boy - 5'5
M'Onel - 6'1
Element Lad - 5'5
Ultra Boy - 5'8
Karate Kid - 5'8
Ferro - 5'7

I just realized there's a FOURTH source that gives the height and weight for 5 of these Legionnaires plus Leviathan. Unfortunately, Brainiac 5 and Chameleon have different weights listed in that source.

I'll stick to the weights listed in the two sources that came out last, chronologically.

Now, I'm not a particularly tall guy, but... At 5'9, I'm taller than all of the above except Chameleon, M'Onel and Live Wire (and Leviathan, who measures in at 5'11). Since Ultra Boy got married to Apparition at 5'8... I'd assume the Legionnaires were around 18-19 at that time, and therefore the guys were close to their full height.

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Okay, a few hints...

One Legionnaire is at 130 lbs.

One is at 135

One is at 140

Three are at 145

One is at 150

Two are at 155

One is at 160

One is at 165

The ones at 155 and 160, and especially the one at 150, are packing quite a bit of muscle - considering that after months of intensive gym work, I at 5'9' only managed 145 lbs.

The shortest Legionnaire is NOT the lightest, but the tallest Legionnaire IS the heaviest.

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Okay, here's a list with some filled in [Smile]

HEAVIEST

M'Onel
? - 160 lbs
Ferro
Ultra Boy
? - 150 lbs
? - 145 lbs
? - 145 lbs
? - 145 lbs
Element Lad
? - 135 lbs
Invisible Kid

LIGHTEST

--------------------

Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
HEAVIEST

M'Onel
Karate Kid
Ferro
Ultra Boy
Live Wire
Cosmic Boy
Brainiac 5
Star Boy
Element Lad
Chameleon
Invisible Kid

LIGHTEST

Star Boy is only 5'5"?! I would have pegged him as one of the taller ones.

--------------------
LSH Archives Vol.3 • Part 2

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

You got 2/6 right!

I always thought Star Boy was tall, too - I guess he's more beefy than tall?

I wonder how the Postboot Legion would look under George Perez pencils... after all, Perez is one of the few artists who really makes it a point to draw characters with body type differences.

--------------------

Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
Perez did draw the Postbooters in Legion of Three Worlds - I don't remember if the body differences came through there or not

--------------------
LSH Archives Vol.3 • Part 2

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

*facepalm* how could I forget? I'll have to go back and check.

--------------------

Future
The Present is Past

M'Onel
Cosmic Boy
Ferro
Ultra Boy
Karate Kid
Chameleon
Live Wire
Star Boy
Element Lad
Brainiac 5
Invisible Kid

This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  129  130  131  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.