Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Legion Trivia 3 (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  132  133  134   
Author Topic: Legion Trivia 3
Korbal
The Lightning World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korbal   Email Korbal         Edit/Delete Post     
You were within 20 issues of the right answer.

Hint: The character was not a Legionnaire.

--------------------
"I am the LEGION--you colossal Jerk!"--Garth Ranzz LEGION #63

Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
issue #43
Manhunter Laurel Kent

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll go a couple of issues earlier and say #41 - Starfinger?

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korbal
The Lightning World

Hint: No active Legionnaires appeared in the actual story.

--------------------

Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, that narrows it down. It has to be...Legion # 39? Gigi Cusimano?

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korbal
The Lightning World

Hint: SHE did not appear on the cover.

--------------------

Exnihil

OK, so it's a non-cover-appearing female character, featured in a story which contains no active Legionnaires, within 20 issues of v.3 #24?

By process of elimination it's got to be Comet Queen, in the second story of #11, which only features Bouncing Boy and Superboy, neither of whom were on active duty.

Do I win a no-prize? [Wink]

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
If you are correct, you win the right to ask the next question.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korbal
The Lightning World

You are correct Exnihil!! Watching Bozo descibe how Comet Queen could fly was a bizarre experience. You have the next question...

--------------------

Exnihil

OK next question:

Which Legionnaire's background contains no fewer that four distinct references to a 1960's sitcom?

--------------------

Chaim Mattis Keller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Post-boot Ultra Boy?

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

Not that I'm aware of (If I'm wrong, just let me know and cite the four things and where they're from.)

The Legionnaire I'm thinking of literally has four details of his or her life intentionally pulled from a real-life sitcom (although why this is the case I haven't the foggiest.)

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
There was the Origins miniseries which for the Ultra Boy story had Gilligan's Island references.

I'll guess Monstress.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

I checked out that "Legends of the Legion" story and, although, it's not the one I was thinking of, it fits the parameters of the question as I asked it, with no fewer than 7 distinct visual character references to "Gilligan's Island."

My original intention was the Who's Who entry for Kent Shakespeare, which established his first name as "Richard", his parents as "Rob" and "Laura", and his place of birth as "New Rochelle", all references to "The Dick Van Dyke" show. The source was later confirmed in a letter column, though why the homage was written at all was never revealed.

Anyway, Jo Nah-Gilligan's Island works, so... question to Chaim.

--------------------

Chaim Mattis Keller

Interesting - never having watched the Dick van Dyke Show, I never would have guessed that.

New question: In the Adult Legion story, how many children did Light Lass and Timber Wolf have, and what were their names?

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.