Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Legion Trivia 3 (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  132  133  134   
Author Topic: Legion Trivia 3
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmmm... you're on the right track, KK, but 12 is incorrect.

I will say this: Not all of these people are individual Carggites, as you assumed... but all of these people have, in fact, appeared in Legion stories.

This is a Legion trivia question, after all. [Smile]

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmmm... Bob would be Bob Cobb (aka Mon-El) and Marie would be Duo Damsel (if memory serves me correctly that was the name she used in the first appearance of Mordru back in the Adventure days.)

I think Gary was the name used by Ultra Boy in his final test to become a Legionnaire by discovering Superboy's secret ID.

Tina might have been the name used by Luornu when she went to invite Supergirl to join the Legion.

Betsy Norcross was the name Tas used in Smallville, so Phyllis must have been Phantom Girl's name in the aforementioned Supergirl story.

Therefore you would only need 3 tickets. One each for Mon & Jo and only one for a merged Tina & Marie.

So by my Legion math 2+2 = 3! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

quote:
Originally posted by Vee:
Therefore you would only need 3 tickets.

So by my Legion math 2+2 = 3! [Big Grin]

Vee, ye be...

... on the right track, but not right, yet.

The question states:

quote:
Originally posted by Exnihil:
Assuming the girls accept, what would be the maximum number of tickets purchased for this date?

Hie thee back to the blackboard and check that work!

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Let's see...

1 Triplicate Girl = 3
1 Duo Damsel = 2
1 Mon-El = 1
1 Ultra Boy = 1

Total (maximum) tickets needed = 7

--------------------

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

Bingo!

For the record, all the 20th century aliases:

Bob Cobb = Mon-el in his first appearance
Gary Crane = Ditto, Ultra Boy
Marie Elkins = Duo Damsel on the run from Mordru in Smallville
Betsy Norcross = Ditto, Shadow Lass
Phyllis Groves = Phantom Girl in Lois Lane #50
Tina Glenn = Ditto Trip Girl

Also making an appearance in the Lois story (but not in this question) Shrinking Violet as Sharon Vaughn.

Nicely done, Vee, your question.

--------------------

Vee
Still smoooooth!

That was a fun question Exnihil, thanks! I think it was the mention of Marie & Betsy in the same sentence that gave it away for me. That's from one of my favorite all time Legion stories.

But, on to a new question...

Who was Marvel Lad?

--------------------

Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Legionnaire Lemon, of course.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

And you are correct, Chaim...of course! [Smile]

--------------------

Chaim Mattis Keller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
(a.k.a. Mon-El, for anyone who didn't get that reference)

Before the TMK era, Leland McCauley was only once portrayed as the villain of a Legion story. What crime did he commit in that issue?

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
Industrial Espionage?

[Raymond Luxury Yacht]

[ August 07, 2008, 06:40 PM: Message edited by: KryptonKid ]

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller

Not any that was depicted, to the best of my recollection.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

Korbal
The Lightning World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korbal   Email Korbal         Edit/Delete Post     
Attempted murder--hired Charon to assassinate R.J. Brande in Baxter #17.

--------------------
"I am the LEGION--you colossal Jerk!"--Garth Ranzz LEGION #63

Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller

Correct, Korbal.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

Korbal
The Lightning World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korbal   Email Korbal         Edit/Delete Post     
This one will be tough. In the 90's a Chicagoland comic book shop supplied items for the 'Grand Prize Game' on WGN's "The Bozo the Clown Show", so comics were used sometimes as props in skits. In one, Bozo held an issue of an LSH comic and discussed, on national television, a Legion character with an audience member--name the issue and the character described therein.

Hint: It was from the Baxter run.

--------------------
"I am the LEGION--you colossal Jerk!"--Garth Ranzz LEGION #63

Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
Legion # 24 / Sensor Girl?

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.