Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Legion Trivia 3 (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  132  133  134   
Author Topic: Legion Trivia 3
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
The other thread has been (will be) closed for reaching the post count.

Reboot got the last question correct and has the next question.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
A member of the Amazers was repeatedly called by the name of a member of the Workforce. Name both.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Atom'X of the Amazers was mis-identified as Radion in Legends of the Legion. I believe Radion was also mistakenly mentioned as an Amazer in Starman.
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Yep (I'm pretty sure there was at least one other instance, maybe more, but you got the right characters).

Away you go.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
Blast-Off of the Workforce was mistakenly called an Amazer. IIRC, it was in connection to his memorial in LSH HQ.

[Dream Boy] [Fruit Boy]

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

True, but that wasn't what I asked [Smile] [that feature, in SF&O2, also got his real name wrong].

*paging Dr. Future...*

--------------------

KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Reboot:
True, but that wasn't what I asked [Smile] [that feature, in SF&O2, also got his real name wrong].

*paging Dr. Future...*

I recognized that the next question was Future's. I was merely expounding on his last comment. I enjoy this thread because I love trivia, not competition. Sorry for the confusion.

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Name the first (and perhaps only) Legionnaire who has ever seen Mano unmasked.
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Superboy?

--------------------
~Integritas~

Future
The Present is Past

Nope, it's not the Boy of Steel.
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Hmmm. I'm picturing Mano's helmut being shattered on Takron-Galtos during GDS. That would put Cham there...?

[Mano] [Chameleon Boy - Animated]

--------------------
~Integritas~

Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Nope. T'was Light Lass (somewhere in the early 200's of Superboy and the LSH). She surprises Mano in a dome filled with the air of his home planet and thinks, "His face! I never expected that!".

What she saw, however, remains a mystery.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Exnihil got it! Light Lass was the lucky lady (or perhaps unlucky; like you said, we never saw it).

Your question.

Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
All righty, then... my favorite Legion question:

Bob and Gary (unbeknownst to their respective girlfriends, Betsy and Phyllis) ask two remarkably similar girls, Tina and Marie, to the movies.

Assuming the girls accept, what would be the maximum number of tickets purchased for this date?

(Extra credit if you show your work.) [Hmmm?]

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Well, if all these people are individual Carggites, then they would have three bodies each and could purchase twelve tickets. I'm assuming that Tina and Marie are not two bodies of the same person. They could be "remarkably similar" because they are sisters, maybe even half-Winathian twins. I'm going to go with 12.

If they were smart, though, they would stay combined and save money for pizza after the show.

--------------------
~Integritas~

This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.