Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Legion Trivia 3 (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  132  133  134   
Author Topic: Legion Trivia 3
Quislet, Esq Quislet, Esq has just turned 55
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmmm. Do you mean that Khundian guy that a pregnant Saturn Girl faced off against during the Great Darkness Saga?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
Hm, close enough. Pregnant Saturn Girl faced off against Tyr during the War against the LSV. She then went into labor and Darkseid fulfilled his Curse by stealing the baby from the womb. Tyr saw that Imra was prenant, and was still willing to kill her and her unborn children.

Go, Quis.

[Tyr]

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
In Superboy starring The Legion of Superheroes #212 "Last Fight for a Legionnaire" The Legion defeat the Legion of Super Rejects by switching foes and using teamwork. However, one Reject was defeated by his/her counterpart Legionnaire. Name the Legionaire, the Reject, and the manner of defeat.

The Legionnaires in the story were Chameleon Boy, Cosmic Boy, Matter-eater Lad, Phantom Girl, Saturn Girl, & Shrinking Violet.

The Rejects were Calorie Queen, Chameleon Kid, Esper Lass, Magno Lad, Micro Lad, & Phantom Lad

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
I know I read that issue at some point, but I don't recall the specs. I'm guessing only Tinya could handle Phantom Lad.

[PhantomGirl - Animated]

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korbal
The Lightning World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korbal   Email Korbal         Edit/Delete Post     
Tenz chomped down a flagpole on CQ and tied her up in the banner.

--------------------
"I am the LEGION--you colossal Jerk!"--Garth Ranzz LEGION #63

Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Great Calamity Kittens!

Korbal is correct.

Shrinking Violet grew up and KOed Phantom Lad. Phantom Girl snuck up behind Micro Lad. Saturn Girl discover what Chameleon Kid was disguised as (and Matter-Eater Lad threatened to take a bite out of him.) Cosmic Boy magnetized the iron in Esper Lass' blood and sent her spinning and unable to concentrate. Magno Lad was going to hurl a steel sculpture at Cosmic Boy, but that turned out to be Chameleon Boy, who slugged Magno Lad.

--------------------

Korbal
The Lightning World

Who was "the Dark Elvar," and where did he make his sole appearance?

--------------------

Korbal
The Lightning World

Hint: It was in a feature written by Mark Waid and illustrated by Steve Dillon.

--------------------

Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
It was the "revitalized" Wanderer Elvo, brought back to life by a Controller in the "Wanderers" series. (If you're looking for a specific issue reference, though, I dunno - I never read this series)

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korbal
The Lightning World

Right direction, but not quite the whole answer.

--------------------

Korbal
The Lightning World

It been six days since the question was posted with only one guess, so an new question seems to be in order, but first the answer:

In 1988, in a CBS freebie entitled DC FOCUS, Mark Waid wrote a text feature outlining the history (both past and future) of the Wanderers. Scripter Doug Moench re-imagined the characters and Steve Dillon provided their new looks. Among the new Wanderers was the Dark Elvar--a sunglass-wearing pale elf, with a red crewcut, armed with a light saber. However, when the series actually debuted, Dillon was replaced without explanation by the team of Hoover/Campenella. All the Wanderers differed signicantly from the previously published Dillon designs, and their version of Elvo was simply named Elvar.

New Question: Why is Jan Arrah not welcome on Venus?

--------------------

Exnihil

Venus had outlawed transmutation as EVIL!

That's why Cosmic King had gotten the boot from his home planet.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Korbal
The Lightning World

Correct, your turn Ex.

--------------------

Exnihil

OK, this might be an easy one. Sticking with the Wanderers:

In the years following their heroic careers, at least one of the Wanderers found work as a celebrity spokesperson. Two-part question: Which member, and what product did he or she endorse?

--------------------

Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Quantum Queen, and it was a perfume.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.