Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » LSH Tournament (FINAL ROUND) (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: LSH Tournament (FINAL ROUND)
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
1. Team One: *Neon, Shikari, and Quislet vs. Team Five: *Wildfire (Retroboot), Insect Queen (Pre-Crisis), and Polar Boy (Retroboot) on the Islands Stage

Shikari and Insect Queen will be of limited use here, so it's down to the other four.

Quislet can't affect much... besides Wildfire's suit. So it really comes down to speed.

All that water gives Polar Boy an advantage, but will he even be able to freeze Neon? Also, Neon and Wildfire should be evenly matched.

I think I'll give this one to Neon's team.

Team One: *Neon, Shikari, and Quislet

2. Team Two: Lightning Lad (Retroboot), Kono (Glorithverse), and *Phantom Girl (Retroboot) vs. Team Eight: Catspaw, Chemical King (Retroboot), and *Mon- El (Retroboot) on Asteroids Stage

Tough one. Kono and Tinya are impervious, but they can't really do anything back to their opponents. Poor Garth doesn't stand a chance alone.

The only way I see this happening is if Kono and Tinya manage to phase into Mon and Condo and, I dunno, stop their hearts from beating or something. Actually, I can see it happening... Kono can phase Condo while Tinya takes out Mon, and then they both gang up on Condo.

Team Two: Lightning Lad (Retroboot), Kono (Glorithverse), and *Phantom Girl (Retroboot)

3. Team Three: *Sensor Girl (Retroboot), Blok (Retroboot), and Crystal Kid (5 Year Later) vs. Team Twenty-Four: *Cosmic Boy (Retroboot), Duplicate Damsel (Retroboot), and Sun Boy (Retroboot) on Forest Stage

Oh, a forest. Sun Boy could burn the whole thing down, but the heat (and lack of ferrous material) makes Cosmic Boy useless.

Sensor Girl can use her illusions to confound the opposing team while Crystal Kid and Blok take them out.

Team Three: *Sensor Girl (Retroboot), Blok (Retroboot), and Crystal Kid (5 Year Later)

4. Team Four: *Night Girl (Retroboot), Dawnstar (Retroboot), and Monstress vs. Team Nineteen: Fire Lad (Retroboot), *Lightning Lass (Retroboot) and Element Lad (Postboot) on Laboratory Stage

If facing Element Lad weren't bad enough, Dawnstar has no space to maneuver; Lightning Lass and Fire Lad and Element Lad all three can project light to depower Night Girl. Poor Monstress doesn't stand a chance alone.

Team Nineteen: Fire Lad (Retroboot), *Lightning Lass (Retroboot) and Element Lad (Postboot)

5. Team Six: Kid Psycho (Pre-Crisis), *Rond Vidar (Retroboot), and Echo (5 Year Gap) vs. Team Eighteen: *Invisible Kid II (Retroboot), Elastic Lad (Pre-Crisis), and Shadow Lass (Retroboot on Laboratory Stage

If Rond Vidar is a Green Lantern, his team will definitely win.

Team Six: Kid Psycho (Pre-Crisis), *Rond Vidar (Retroboot), and Echo (5 Year Gap)

6. Team Seven: Comet Queen (Retroboot), Turtle (Threeboot), and *Kid Quantum I (Glorithverse) vs. Team Sixteen: Timber Wolf (Retroboot), *Brainiac 5 (Postboot) and Gazelle on Maze Stage

They're in a maze. They have Brainiac 5. He also has forcefield powers. Game, set, match.

Team Sixteen: Timber Wolf (Retroboot), *Brainiac 5 (Postboot)

7. Team Nine: XS (Retroboot), *Tyroc (Retroboot), and Stone Boy (Retroboot) vs. Team Twelve: White Witch (Pre-Crisis), *Andromeda, and Chlorophyll Kid (Retroboot) on Laboratory Stage

Well, Laurel and XS make a speed tie. XS could take out the White Witch, but she can't take out Andromeda, either. And I think Andromeda will move fast enough that Tyroc has only a slim chance of taking her out with his sonic powers. so...

Team Twelve: White Witch (Pre-Crisis), *Andromeda, and Chlorophyll Kid (Retroboot) on Laboratory Stage

8. Team Ten: Nemesis Kid (Pre-Crisis), Thunder, and *Star Boy (Retroboot) vs. Team Twenty: Gates (Retroboot),Kon-El, and *Computo (SW6) on Islands Stage

Thunder and Kon-el cancel each other out, though Thunder might get the upper hand since her powers are magic-based. Computo will be useless, though, so that tips the scales in favor of the other team.

Team Ten: Nemesis Kid (Pre-Crisis), Thunder, and *Star Boy (Retroboot)

9. Team Eleven: Sizzle (Threeboot), Dragonmage (SW6), and *Nightwind (5 Year Gap) vs. Team Twenty-One: *Dream Girl (Retroboot), Storm Boy (5 Year Gap), and Chameleon Boy (Retroboot) on Laboratory Stage

Hmm, tough call. Cham is awful crafty, but Sizzle will be useless unless she finds an energy source.

Storm Boy vs. Nightwind. I think Nightwind has more precise weather control, so I'll give it to her. Dragonmage's magic is potent, and no matter how smart Dream Girl is, she simply won't have time.

eam Eleven: Sizzle (Threeboot), Dragonmage (SW6), and *Nightwind (5 Year Gap)

10. Team Thirteen: *Ultra Boy (Retroboot), Spider-Girl (Glorithverse), Shrinking Violet (Postboot) vs. Team Twenty-Three: Matter-Eater Lad (Retroboot), *Bouncing Boy (Retroboot), and Infectious Lass (Retroboot) on Islands Stage

If Chuck and Tenzil manage to stall Ultra Boy long enough, Infectious Lass COULD win. A lot depends on what Jo's opening move is. If he uses anything other than speed or perhaps invulnerability, he goes down.

But then, there's Violet to contend with.

Much as I'd like to give this to Chuck's team...
Team Thirteen: *Ultra Boy (Retroboot), Spider-Girl (Glorithverse), Shrinking Violet (Postboot)

11. Team Fourteen: Chemical Kid (Retroboot), *Impulse (Kent Shakespeare), and Supergirl (Retroboot) vs. Team Fifteen: Tellus (Retroboot), *Kid Quantum II, and Devlin O’Ryan on Rumble Stage

Tough one. Hmm... Anyone attacks Devlin, and they'll get their powers bounced back. If Jazmin's team uses teamwork, they can win. Jazmin slows everyone down, Tellus shuts their minds down, and Devlin acts as a shield.

Team Fifteen: Tellus (Retroboot), *Kid Quantum II, and Devlin O’Ryan

12. Team Seventeen: *Kinetix, Color Kid (Retroboot), and Ferro (Postboot) vs. Team Twenty-Two: Colossal Boy (Retroboot), *Saturn Girl (Retroboot), and Karate Kid (Retroboot) on Forest Stage

Dah, why did poor Zoe get such a poor team? They have nobody who can take on Saturn Girl, since she can move at the speed of thought.

Well, maybe I'm biased, but... if this is Terrorform Zoe, their team can pull out a win.

Team Seventeen: *Kinetix, Color Kid (Retroboot), and Ferro (Postboot)

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
I have decided to eliminate teams traditionally, which is battle loss equals tournament loss. However, there will be Wild Card Rounds half-way through the Tournament. One of the Wild Card rounds will be to determine which two previously defeated teams should be brought back. The second Wild Card round will allow two characters who have not participated in the Tournament to be drafted to each team.

I will reshuffle the remaining characters after each round. I will also drop the version indicators after character names, and will instead refer new players to the first page of the thread.

I did not plan for us to vote for new team leaders each round, and since each current team has a leader that means there is an even distribution of leaders per teams. Leaders make more of a difference on larger teams where coordinance and logistics need to be delegated, but even small teams like the Fantastic Four have a person who is ultimately in charge. Leaders have different styles and attitudes which effect the outcome of battles.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
1. Team One: *Neon, Shikari, and Quislet vs. Team Five: *Wildfire (Retroboot), Insect Queen (Pre-Crisis), and Polar Boy (Retroboot) on the Islands Stage

Quislet can pretty easily take Wildfire out, as well as Insect Queen assuming he knows to go for her ring. The water definitely works to Polar Boy's advantage, but Neon's pretty darn powerful and Shikari's definitely a tough warrior... so I'm calling it Team One.

2. Team Two: Lightning Lad (Retroboot), Kono (Glorithverse), and *Phantom Girl (Retroboot) vs. Team Eight: Catspaw, Chemical King (Retroboot), and *Mon- El (Retroboot) on Asteroids Stage

This is a tough call, because you have two powerhouses on Team Eight, but you've got two people who basically impossible to take out on Team Two. I'm thinking that if Phantom Girl can do some phantom zone related tricks against Mon-El*, and Kono can sneak up on Chemical King by hiding in an asteroid, that leaves Lightning Lad to fry Catspaw (who is pretty much useless in this environment), and it goes to Team Two

*Alternatively, Tinya and Kono can simply become intangible, and wait until Mon-El's lead serum runs out, and hello lead asteroids!

3. Team Three: *Sensor Girl (Retroboot), Blok (Retroboot), and Crystal Kid (5 Year Later) vs. Team Twenty-Four: *Cosmic Boy (Retroboot), Duplicate Damsel (Retroboot), and Sun Boy (Retroboot) on Forest Stage

Sensor Girl's definitely tough to beat, but I'm going to put my money on Duplicate Girl's being able to overwhelm her by generating duplicates faster than she can affect their senses. Crystal Kid's pretty much the weak link in this game, so I'd declare him pretty much a non-factor. That leaves the question of whether Cosmic Boy and/or Sun Boy can take down Blok, who may be able to use the forest to his advantage, but I'm going to go with the two more experienced Legionnaires onTeam Twenty-Four.

4. Team Four: *Night Girl (Retroboot), Dawnstar (Retroboot), and Monstress vs. Team Nineteen: Fire Lad (Retroboot), *Lightning Lass (Retroboot) and Element Lad (Postboot) on Laboratory Stage

It strikes me that Fire Lad, Lightning Lass, and Element Lad all benefit from the environment, while the other three don't. Not a whole lot of room for Dawnstar to maneuver in this, either. I'll take Team Nineteen.

5. Team Six: Kid Psycho (Pre-Crisis), *Rond Vidar (Retroboot), and Echo (5 Year Gap) vs. Team Eighteen: *Invisible Kid II (Retroboot), Elastic Lad (Pre-Crisis), and Shadow Lass (Retroboot on Laboratory Stage

Hmm... on the one hand Team Six has Rond Vidar, which would seem to give them an advantage in the lab environment. On the other hand, Team Eighteen has Jimmy Olsen. Stick that dude in a laboratory and within five minutes he'll be turning into some weird octopus man or something. So, while Kid Psycho and Echo pretty much negate the advantages of stealth from Invisible Kid and Shadow Lass, I'm still inclined to give it to Team Eighteen.

6. Team Seven: Comet Queen (Retroboot), Turtle (Threeboot), and *Kid Quantum I (Glorithverse) vs. Team Sixteen: Timber Wolf (Retroboot), *Brainiac 5 (Postboot) and Gazelle on Maze Stage

Team sixteen is pretty much made to find their way through a maze, while team seven looks likely to get lost in comet gasses. I'll give it to Team Sixteen.

7. Team Nine: XS (Retroboot), *Tyroc (Retroboot), and Stone Boy (Retroboot) vs. Team Twelve: White Witch (Pre-Crisis), *Andromeda, and Chlorophyll Kid (Retroboot) on Laboratory Stage

Hmm... neither team seems really suited to the environment, but Team Twelve looks a lot more powerful overall.

8. Team Ten: Nemesis Kid (Pre-Crisis), Thunder, and *Star Boy (Retroboot) vs. Team Twenty: Gates (Retroboot),Kon-El, and *Computo (SW6) on Islands Stage

Not a good environment for Danielle, and Thunder pretty much overwhelms Kon-El. And the versatility of Nemesis Kid is a huge advantage for the other side. Team Ten.

9. Team Eleven: Sizzle (Threeboot), Dragonmage (SW6), and *Nightwind (5 Year Gap) vs. Team Twenty-One: *Dream Girl (Retroboot), Storm Boy (5 Year Gap), and Chameleon Boy (Retroboot) on Laboratory Stage

This is definitely a tough one. Dream Girl and Chameleon Boy are a pretty dangerous combination tactically, though Storm Boy is pretty useless. Not a great environment for Dragonmage or Nightwind, though arguably a pretty nice one for Sizzle. Still, I'm going with Team Eleven.

10. Team Thirteen: *Ultra Boy (Retroboot), Spider-Girl (Glorithverse), Shrinking Violet (Postboot) vs. Team Twenty-Three: Matter-Eater Lad (Retroboot), *Bouncing Boy (Retroboot), and Infectious Lass (Retroboot) on Islands Stage

Tenzil eats his way out of Sussa's hair web, and Drura can take down Jo. Violet's the one I'd actually worry about on Team Thirteen, but I'm going to just assume that Chuck bounces one her. Team Twenty-Three ftw.

11. Team Fourteen: Chemical Kid (Retroboot), *Impulse (Kent Shakespeare), and Supergirl (Retroboot) vs. Team Fifteen: Tellus (Retroboot), *Kid Quantum II, and Devlin O’Ryan on Rumble Stage

Let's see, Devlin O'Ryan is immune to physical/energy attacks, but Chemical Kid can take him out. Kid Quantum II can pretty much deal with Supergirl and/or Kent Shakespeare, and Tellus is no slouch either, though CK could probably pretty easily mess with his respiration system. It really seems to me to come down to whether Kara can take Jazmin out before she sends her back through time or something. Team Fifteen is a more interesting team overall, though, so I'll go with them.

12. Team Seventeen: *Kinetix, Color Kid (Retroboot), and Ferro (Postboot) vs. Team Twenty-Two: Colossal Boy (Retroboot), *Saturn Girl (Retroboot), and Karate Kid (Retroboot) on Forest Stage

Hmm... Saturn Girl is a *huge* advantage to Twenty-Two, while Color Kid doesn't seem that useful. I'd go with Kinetix over Colossal Boy and Karate Kid over Ferro. Hmm... really Kinetix is pretty much the only thing Team Seventeen has going for them, and I'm really not seeing how she pulls this off. Twenty-Two.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Quislet   Email Kid Quislet         Edit/Delete Post     

Normally, I would give the edge to Team One, but the Island Stage is an advantage to Polar Boy and Team Five. Winner = Team 5

Asteroid Stage give Mon-El a clear advantage, and the Phantoms can't overcome a well balanced Team Eight. Winner = Team 8

Very even match-up, but Duplicate Damsel in the camouflage of forest is the difference. Winner = Team 24

Fire Lad, Lightning Lass and Element Lad fighting in a Laboratory? 'Nuff said. Winner = Team 19

Probably the weakest match-up of the first round, I give it to the brainy guys in the Laboratory. Winner = Team 6

The acrobats win the fights and Brainy gets them out of the maze. Winner = Team 16

Might & magic wins the day. Winner = Team 12

Team Ten is too strong, even for Kon-El. Winner = Team 10

Love to see Team Eleven in a Birds of Prey series, but the veterans in Team 21 have the edge. Winner = Team 21

Close call, but if Team 13 doesn't end up fighting themselves, they are stronger. Winner = Team 13

Tough first draw for Team 15. Take the home team over all the points. Winner = Team 14

On any stage, Team 22 has the clear edge here. Winner = Team 22

--------------------
"My dance card was getting fuller than a contestant's at a Jandan shurg-off." - Exnihil, The Lost Klordny

From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
This is my first tournament as well !

Quislet takes over Wildfire's suit and blasts at Polar Boy while Neon and Shikari easily dispatch Insect Queen. Then they all three team up on Polar Boy, Quislet leaves Wildfire's suit which collapses.

*Neon, Shikari, and Quislet

I had to think about this one, (which is why I asked if draws were possible ... I assumed Kono and Phantom Girl woudl just turn immaterial and they could never defeat Mon-El solid and he could never get to them either! ) What I came up with was ... Kono turns Mon-El immaterial taking him out of the fight, he might even freak out as if he was in the Phantom Zone ... Lightning lad and Apparition have a tough fight with Catspaw and Chemical King but ... Kono is still around. Chemical King may get the better of Lightning Lad by exploding asteroids but ... Phantom Girl just pops in with a karate chop or two for him and Catspaw. Lightning Lad and Phantom Girl are some of the first legionnaires, they know a thing or two about a thing or two. And Kono is crazy devious and ruthless. She took Bion down!

Lightning Lad (Retroboot), Kono (Glorithverse), and *Phantom Girl (Retroboot)

this one is tough, Cosmic boy and Sun Boy are a lot more powerful than Crystal Kid but they can't get to or hurt Sensor Girl or Block. I think I'll give this one to Sensor Girl's leadership ... seeing as she defeated the Fatal Five that oen time in the baxter series.

*Sensor Girl (Retroboot), Blok (Retroboot), and Crystal Kid (5 Year Later)

Element Lad. and Lightning Lass. He imprisons or defeats one or two, Dawny may be fast enough to take him out but Lightning is pretty fast too. Besides Lightning Lass has some pretty heroic moments facing tons of villains by herself.

Fire Lad (Retroboot), *Lightning Lass (Retroboot) and Element Lad (Postboot) on Laboratory Stage

I'll give this to the Green Lantern's team, Shadow Lass may be able to hold off Rond but, IKid 2 and Elastic Lad can't take down Echo or get to Kid Psycho. [Frown]

Kid Psycho (Pre-Crisis), *Rond Vidar (Retroboot), and Echo (5 Year Gap) v

Timber Wolf owns the maze stage.
Team Sixteen: Timber Wolf (Retroboot), *Brainiac 5 (Postboot) and Gazelle on Maze Stage

Whoah tough! I'll give XS the win against the White Witch, Andromeda the win against Tyroc, Chlorophyll Kid the win against Stoen Boy and maybe tripping up XS. Andromeda eventually takes out XS.

Team Twelve: White Witch (Pre-Crisis), *Andromeda, and Chlorophyll Kid (Retroboot) on Laboratory Stage

Another tough one!! There's nothing for Computo on the Islands Stage. Nemesis easily takes her out. Poor Computo I love her ... I always thought they should give her electrical or energy blasts like that oen time she blew up Brainy's lab as a kid. Gates might be able to knock out Star Boy. Kon-El will take out Thunder, he's got more powers than her. and Nemesis will take out Gates during that battle, and Kon El after Kon's tired from Thunder.

Nemesis Kid (Pre-Crisis), Thunder, and *Star Boy (Retroboot)

Dragonmage vs. Chameleon Boy, Storm Boy vs. Nightwind, Dream Girl taes out Sizzle. Chameleon Boy eventually gets the better of Dragonmage (Chameleon Boy has been shown to be mad good at using his powers) They all jump Nightwind. A labs not the greatest for her skills either.

Team Twenty-One: *Dream Girl (Retroboot), Storm Boy (5 Year Gap), and Chameleon Boy (Retroboot) on Laboratory Stage

Infectious Lass makes them ALL sick. It's hard to fight when you're doubled over shating yourself. This ends the battle.

It is possible that Ultra Boy could shatter the Island or something from a distance before he was in rage of her powers but I'm not sure he'd think of it

Team Twenty-Three: Matter-Eater Lad (Retroboot), *Bouncing Boy (Retroboot), and Infectious Lass (Retroboot) on Islands Stage

hmmm, It appeared easy at first but I suppose Tellus' telepathy will come in handy stalling Impulse and/or Supergirl. Kid Quantum will have a tough time with Chemical Kid but i think shortly gain the upper hand. This Chemical Kid was never written well int he use of his powers. Devlin O'Ryans not the greatest use against physical opponents. So, I'll say Tellus takes out Impulse, Supergirl takes out Tellus, Kid Quantum takes out Chemical Kid, That leaves Kid Quantum 2 vs. Supergirl ..... I suppose Kid Quantum 2 can suspend Supergirl for the life of the fight but .... I think Supergirl knocks her out with super speed before she can do that.

Team Fourteen: Chemical Kid (Retroboot), *Impulse (Kent Shakespeare), and Supergirl (Retroboot)

Saturn Girl + Karate Kid can beat a lot of folks down. And the forest suits a them with a hunt and hide style of fighting.

Team Twenty-Two: Colossal Boy (Retroboot), *Saturn Girl (Retroboot), and Karate Kid (Retroboot)

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I didn't read anyone else's because I wanted my choices to be genuine .... but now I will go back and enjoy everyone else's picks!
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

edit: moved to the discussion thread.
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Results of Battle One
1.Team One: *Neon, Shikari, and Quislet
2. Team Two: Lightning Lad, Kono (Glorithverse), and *Phantom Girl
3. Team Three: *Sensor Girl, Blok, and Crystal Kid
4. Team Nineteen: Fire Lad, *Lightning Lass, and Element Lad
5. Team Six: Kid Psycho, *Rond Vidar, and Echo
6. Team Sixteen: Timber Wolf, *Brainiac 5 and Gazelle
7. Team Twelve: White Witch, *Andromeda, and Chlorophyll Kid
8. Team Ten: Nemesis Kid, Thunder, and *Star Boy
9. Team Twenty-One: *Dream Girl, Storm Boy, and Chameleon Boy
10. Team Thirteen: *Ultra Boy, Spider-Girl, and Shrinking Violet
11. Team Fourteen: Chemical Kid, *Impulse (Kent Shakespeare), and Supergirl
12. Team Twenty-Two: Colossal Boy, *Saturn Girl, and Karate Kid

Round Two Battles
1. Team One: Storm Boy, Crystal Kid, and *Sensor Girl vs. Team Two: White Witch, Colossal Boy, and *Neon in the Laboratory Stage
2. Team Three: Chameleon Boy, *Lightning Lass, and Thunder vs. Team Four: *Phantom Girl, Kono and Kid Psycho on the Volcano Stage
3. Team Five: Supergirl, *Andromeda, and Shikari vs. Team Six: *Ultra Boy, Fire Lad, and Blok in the Maze Stage
4. Team Seven: Gazelle, Spider-Girl, and *Brainiac 5 vs. Team Eight: Echo, Chlorophyll Kid, and *Saturn Girl in the Forest Stage
5. Team Nine: Timber Wolf, Quislet, and *Star Boy vs. Team Ten: *Impulse, Nemesis Kid, and Element Lad on the Rumble Stag
6. Team Eleven: *Rond Vidar, Shrinking Violet, and Lightning Lad vs. Team Twelve: *Dream Girl, Chemi al Kid and Karate Kid on the Volcano Stage

The versions of each character can be found on the fist page, as well as descriptions of each Stage. Please submit your votes by November 24th at 4:30 P.M Central Time.

[ November 22, 2011, 05:27 PM: Message edited by: Emily Sivana ]

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
1. Team Two is definitely looking a lot more impressive overall. I'm going assume that the White Witch has something prepped that allows her to dispel Sensor Girl's illusions (they are, after all, magic-based). With Colossal Boy and Neon easily dominating Storm Boy (who is once again hampered by environment) and Crystal Kid, the victory goes to Team Two.

2. Wow! This is a tough one. Team Four is ridiculously strong on defense, while Team Three is pretty impressive as well. I'm pretty sure Kid Psycho could pin Thunder down, and a little extra mass will send Ayla searching for a cellular trim ray! While Cham and Tinya could go either way, I'm going to give it to Team Four.

3. The Kryptonian and the Daxamite trump the Kryptonian-lite and the Dryad. Fire Lad can't really do a whole lot. Pathfinder plus two members with x-ray vision = maze easily solved. Team Five.

4. This one is interesting as well. Gazelle and Sussa both seem naturally suited to the environment, but... hello one environment which really plays to Ral's strengths! I really think it could go either way, but I guess I'll give it to Team Eight.

5. Well, you've got a fantastic rumble fighter in the form of Brin, but, Kent, Jan, and Hart are looking like a pretty killer combination. And really all you need to let the other two run distraction while NK takes them out individually. So Team Nine.

6. This one is kind of interesting. Team Twelve has one huge advantage going for them, however: namely Nura. I'm going to suggest that the tactical advantage of having her as leader, plus the possibility that she could conceivable use her own willpower to take over Rond's ring will put Team Twelve over the top.

[ November 22, 2011, 06:02 PM: Message edited by: Eryk Davis Ester ]

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Round Two Battles
1. Team One: Storm Boy, Crystal Kid, and *Sensor Girl vs. Team Two: White Witch, Colossal Boy, and *Neon in the Laboratory Stage

I've been imaging this Lab is like a huge warehouse, otherwise, characters would just rip the roof off and fight outside. (sorry [shrug] ) Well, even if they need to pick the lock to get out I think Gim and Neon have the advantage, or Mysa can do a spell to figure out the combo, maybe Sensor can sense it ? ... who knows how good Storm Boy is at technology ... maybe great maybe not.

WELL, I will say that Neon and Colossal Boy are much more formidable than Storm Boy and Crystal Kid so .... by the end of the battle it'll be 2 to 3 members of Neon's team against Sensor Girl. Maybe Sensor Girl can take out most groups of 2 to 3 but I think Neon and the White Witch are particularly tough for her even if she confuses Gim or Neon to take out one of their own team mates. Besides GIM, Neon, and Mysa all seem beyond average in smarts to know what Sensor Girl's tricks are. It would be close but .... my gut says ....

Team Two: White Witch, Colossal Boy, and *Neon in the Laboratory Stage

2. Team Three: Chameleon Boy, *Lightning Lass, and Thunder vs. Team Four: *Phantom Girl, Kono and Kid Psycho on the Volcano Stage

Volcano fire hurta. Unless you're intangible or Thunder. or have a force field like Kid Psycho.

hmmm, this is harder than the last match with Kono and Phantom Girl. Kono takes out Thunder one way or the other, Cham eventually sneaks up on Kono and takes her out. Phantom Girl just can not beat any of the opposing team unless she becomes tangible so ... they'd either wear her down when she turns tangible to karate chop them ... or she'd have to surrender and admit defeat.

3. Team Five: Supergirl, *Andromeda, and Shikari vs. Team Six: *Ultra Boy, Fire Lad, and Blok in the Maze Stage

Shikari Andromeda and Supergirl can beat anybody, especially when Shikari owns the maze stage better than Timber Wolf. Even Saturn Girl would have a tough time with the strong wills of Laurel and Supes. Andromeda would beat Blok down after a time, and Supergirl is really clever in the use of her powers, which she can use all at ones, and has more of than Ultra Boy. Shikari can probably even beat Fire Lad alone.

4. Team Seven: Gazelle, Spider-Girl, and *Brainiac 5 vs. Team Eight: Echo, Chlorophyll Kid, and *Saturn Girl in the Forest Stage

hmm. A very even match. Echo beats Gazelle with a sound blast. Then he breaks the stale mate between chlorophyll Kid and Sussa, even though Chlorophyll kid would win, normally Sussa would use that forest for hide and seek to her cunning advantage but ... dude ... IT'S CHLOROPHYLL KID ... IN A FOREST STAGE. [Big Grin]

Saturn Girl may have a tough time breaking down Brainy because Brainy has been shown to be resistant to telepathy but his force field can only keep out Echo's blasts, and Chlorophyll's choke vies, for so long ... Post Boot Brainy may even be able to beat the two of them but not hile he's locked in a battle of wills with the premier telepath. they'd wear him down, and in this stage he dosn't have any scientific fail safe to run to or to rescue him.

Team Eight: Echo, Chlorophyll Kid, and *Saturn Girl in the Forest Stage

5. Team Nine: Timber Wolf, Quislet, and *Star Boy vs. Team Ten: *Impulse, Nemesis Kid, and Element Lad on the Rumble Stag

Pretty even match up.

hmmm, There's nothing for Quislet to possess I assume, unless he possesses the floor, I think he can possess some rocks/ores.

BUUUTTTT .... Star Boy getting the advantage might make the other team super heavy but there's nothing that says Element Lad can't move just as quick to use his powers. Plus Nemesis Kid can always use his power to escape the super gravity.

Anyway you put it if you match these three up against these three it's either a draw OR

Element Lad's team comes out ahead.

Team Ten: *Impulse, Nemesis Kid, and Element Lad on the Rumble Stag

6. Team Eleven: *Rond Vidar, Shrinking Violet, and Lightning Lad vs. Team Twelve: *Dream Girl, Chemical Kid and Karate Kid on the Volcano Stage

This ones tough. For Dream Girl's team.

The thing is Rond and Lightning Lad can take them out from a distance, and Chemical Kid can't compete with them in ranged attacks. They could even throw Shrinking Violet to the dogs and let her giant size butt take a butt kicking while Rond and Lightning Lad pick them off. Rond could jut make a big giant sized skyscraper to crash down on Dreamy and Karate Kid, they might see it coming but ....

Team Eleven: *Rond Vidar, Shrinking Violet, and Lightning Lad

Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm going to make my choices before I read anyone else's fights so as not to be influenced.

---

1. Storm Boy, Crystal Kid & *Sensor Girl vs. White Witch, Colossal Boy & *Neon in the Laboratory Stage

Well, the closed environment of the Laboratory stage effectively neutralises two of the players - Storm Boy because he can't access the weather and Colossal Boy because he doesn't have room to grow. So it's down to their teammates to save the day. I give Crystal Kid a lot more credit than some but even despite his and Sensor Girl's formidable skills, I can't see a way for them to defeat the pinnacles of science AND magic.

White Witch, Colossal Boy & *Neon for the win.

2. Chameleon Boy, *Lightning Lass & Thunder vs. *Phantom Girl, Kono & Kid Psycho on the Volcano Stage

(Phantom Girl and Kono wound up on the same team again?!) This is a tough one. I was at first going to immediately give the win to Kid Psycho (and his team) since I thought being able to control all that lava psycho-kinetically would be a huge advantage - but then I realised there is no actual lava on this stage. So he'll be taken out quickly by Thunder. Kono will then turn her intangible, taking her out of the fight. Lightning Lass and Chameleon Boy will try their hardest but I just can't see any way for them to overcome the phantoms.

*Phantom Girl, Kono & Kid Psycho for the win.

3. Supergirl, *Andromeda & Shikari vs. *Ultra Boy, Fire Lad & Blok in the Maze Stage

haha. Wow! Now that is a team well suited to its stage and its opponents. Shikari immediately starts searching for the way out of the maze while a quick super-breath from Supergirl extinguishes Fire Lad. Ultra Boy's one power limitation will make him vulnerable when being double-teamed at super-speed by the power-houses and while Blok is tough, the other two are tougher.

Supergirl, *Andromeda & Shikari for the win.

4. Gazelle, Spider-Girl & *Brainiac 5 vs. Echo, Chlorophyll Kid & *Saturn Girl in the Forest Stage

YES! I was hoping Chlorophyll Kid would get the Forest Stage and here it is. He controls the whole battle-field - every tree, every blade of grass, every patch of dirt. Every way the others turn he can grow things up in their path and obstruct them. And then Echo can blast it all into destruction, constantly pummeling the others with showers of wood. Brainiac 5's force-field may protect him a little longer but he'll still be bruised from being pushed around so much and Saturn Girl will be ready for him when he drops his concentration.

Echo, Chlorophyll Kid & *Saturn Girl for the win.

5. Timber Wolf, Quislet & *Star Boy vs. *Impulse, Nemesis Kid & Element Lad on the Rumble Stage

Star Boy is the biggest threat on his team this round but Impulse will probably be able to take him out before he can slow him down in time. Element Lad will then transmute Quislet's ship leaving it at three on one, and I do not see Timber Wolf being able to defeat that power combination on his own.

*Impulse, Nemesis Kid & Element Lad for the win.

6. *Rond Vidar, Shrinking Violet & Lightning Lad vs. *Dream Girl, Chemical Kid & Karate Kid on the Volcano Stage

I'd like Dream Girl's team to win this - but I just can't see any way for them to do it. I think even Dream Girl knows that this fight is lost.

*Rond Vidar, Shrinking Violet & Lightning Lad for the win.

---

FUN! Now to read everyone else's decisions.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
I'll also hold off on reading the others' posts first.

Tough one. Sensor Girl is a major asset, but against Neon AND White Witch?

Storm Boy and Colossal Boy are of limited use in the close confines of a lab, so meh.

Neon probably isn't that adept with the emerald energy, so she'll be unable to filter out the illusions, but if Mysa can do that - and I'm assuming she has - she can take Jeckie out.

Team Two: White Witch, Colossal Boy, and *Neon

Ah, another tough one...

Same thing as before. Kono can phase Thunder out. Tinya and Kid Psycho can distract Ayla while avoiding Cham; if Kono stays phased long enough she can then pick the others off. Plus, Tinya, Kono and Kid Psycho have less to worry about from the lava, unlike Cham and Ayla.

Team Four: *Phantom Girl, Kono and Kid Psycho

What is one-sided? Team Five: Supergirl, *Andromeda, and Shikari

Ooh. Brainy vs. Imra should be interesting, but even Brainy is vulnerable to telepathy. And a forest was just MADE for Chlorophyll Kid to excel.

Team Eight: Echo, Chlorophyll Kid, and *Saturn Girl

Tough one, but Nemesis Kid and Element Lad together are a tough combo.

I suppose Star Boy could turn the gravity on hard, but Nemesis Kid can be immune to that. If Jan can give him some support by taking Brin out, Hart can take out Thom.

As for Quislet, he can transmute the ground, I suppose. It really depends on Jan and Kent being able to keep Hart in the game.

Team Ten: *Impulse, Nemesis Kid, and Element Lad

6. Team Eleven: *Rond Vidar, Shrinking Violet, and Lightning Lad vs. Team Twelve: *Dream Girl, Chemi al Kid and Karate Kid on the Volcano Stage

Violet can shrink between lava. Rond's power ring also gives him an edge.

I suppose Chemical Kid can... slow down lava flow? With Dream Girl guiding him, he MAY be effective, but... Rond is more efficient. He protects Garth, who takes out Dreamy and Chemical Kid. While Val is dodging, Violet finishes him off.

Team Eleven: *Rond Vidar, Shrinking Violet, and Lightning Lad

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Results of Battle Two

1. Team Two: White Witch, Colossal Boy, and *Neon
2. Team Four: *Phantom Girl, Kono and Kid Psycho
3. Team Five: Supergirl, *Andromeda, and Shikari
4. Team Eight: Echo, Chlorophyll Kid, and *Saturn Girl
5. Team Ten: *Impulse, Nemesis Kid, and Element Lad
6. Team Eleven: *Rond Vidar, Shrinking Violet, and Lightning Lad

Thank your for your participation. Now, we enter the Wild Cards. These picks can be crucial in terms of team-building, as an energy-absorber, mimic or telepath could prove a huge advance. You may also want to consider intelligence and skill when making your Wild Card choices; because scientists and street-levelers can be extremely useful in battles involving preperation.

You may vote for a maximum of twelve eliminated characters to bring back into the Tournament. These characters will listed in alphabetical order, so please look through the list carefully before making your selections.

Wild Card Choices

Blok
Bouncing Boy
Brainiac 5
Catspaw
Chameleon Boy
Chemical Kid
Chemical King
Color Kid
Comet Queen
Computo
Cosmic Boy
Crystal Kid
Dawnstar
Devlin O’Ryan
Dragonmage
Dream Girl
Duplicate Damsel
Elastic Lad
Ferro
Fire Lad
Gates
Gazelle
Infectious Lass
Insect Queen
Invisible Kid II
Karate Kid
Kid Quantum I
Kid Quantum II
Kinetix
Kon- El
Lightning Lass
Matter- Eater Lad
Mon- El
Monstress
Night Girl
Nightwind
Polar Boy
Quislet
Sensor Girl
Shadow Lass
Sizzle
Spider-Girl
Star Boy
Storm Boy
Stone Boy
Sun Boy
Tellus
Thunder
Timber Wolf
Turtle
Tyroc
Wildfire
XS

The polls for Wild Cards will be open until November 26th at 9:00 P.M. If you are uncertain about the powers, statistics, or any other aspect of characters please ask in the Discussion thread.

[ November 25, 2011, 08:48 AM: Message edited by: Emily Sivana ]

--------------------

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Chameleon boy
Dream girl
Sensor girl
Wildfire
Karate kid
Kon el

Only six choices ! [Wink]

Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
(replaced by my updated vote on the next page)

[ November 25, 2011, 07:15 PM: Message edited by: Blacula ]

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.