Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » LSH Tournament (FINAL ROUND) (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: LSH Tournament (FINAL ROUND)
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Duplicate Damsel
Matter-Eater Lad
Infectious Lass
Insect Queen
Computo
Nightwind

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Er, is it just me or has no character besides Duplicate Damsel gotten 2 votes yet for the wild card?

Pretty much voting for my favorites who would likely do well in this tournament. Also not voting for any "Kryptonian" types, since we still have a lot of THOSE in play!

Brainiac 5
Gates
Kid Quantum II
Kinetix
Polar Boy
XS

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
I have decided to take the suggestion of EDE and increase the vote total from six to twelve. Please edit your votes accordingly. If there are any further problems there may be an unusual delay between the Wild Card and the Third Round. Thank you for your cooperation.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

My new vote:

Bouncing Boy
Brainiac 5
Duplicate Damsel
Gates
Infectious Lass
Kid Quantum II
Kinetix
Nightwind
Polar Boy
Sensor Girl
Tyroc
XS

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

My updated vote:

Duplicate Damsel
Matter-Eater Lad
Infectious Lass
Insect Queen
Computo
Nightwind
Bouncing Boy
Spider Girl
Kinetix
Night Girl
Comet Queen
Dragonmage

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Chameleon boy
Dream girl
Sensor girl
Wildfire
Karate kid
Kon el
Duplicate damsel
Tyroc
Shadow lass
Computo
Brainiac 5
Mon el

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
My updated vote:

1. Bouncing Boy
2. Computo
3. Crystal Kid
4. Dragonmage
5. Duplicate Damsel
6. Invisible Kid II
7. Karate Kid
8. Matter-Eater Lad
9. Nightwind
10. Polar Boy
11. Shadow Lass
12. Tyroc

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Wild Card Winners
Duplicate Damsel
Tyroc
Nightwind
Computo
Bouncing Boy
Kinetix

Thank you for your patience during this process.
We will now start the Third Round. Some teams had multiple leaders and I decided to resolve the problem by randomly selecting one leader.

Third Round Battles
1. Team One: *Saturn Girl, Kono and Duplicate Damsel vs. Team Two: *Impulse, White Witch, and Colossal Boy in the Forest Stage
2. Team Three: *Neon, Kid Psycho, and Nemesis Kid vs. Team Four: *Tyroc, Shikari, and Chlorophyll Kid in the Maze Stage
3. Team Five: *Nightwind, Element Lad, and Echo vs. Team Six: *Kinetix, Lightning Lad, and Supergirl in the Forest Stage
4. Team Seven: *Andromeda, Shrinking Violet, and Phantom Girl vs. Team Eight: *Rond Vidar, Bouncing Boy, and Computo on the Furnace Stage

The versions of the characters are listed on the first page of this thread. The deadline to vote is November 28th at 9:00 P.M. Thank you for your cooperation.

[ November 26, 2011, 08:17 PM: Message edited by: Emily Sivana ]

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

1. Basically Team Two's goal has to be for the other two to protect Mysa until she can whip up spell to take out the other team (or at least protect them from Imra), and I don't think they're going to be able to do it. Gim's not going to be a very effective forest fighter, and Lu can pretty much overwhelm him until one of her bodies makes it past him to kayo Mysa, plus all that mass that he gains when he grows... my guess is that Kono's redirecting that straight into Kent. And if Lu doesn't take out Mysa, I'm pretty sure Imra will.

Team One

2. Normally, Shikari would be a huge advantage in a maze stage, but not when you have two members who can throw up force fields, and another member who can defeat any single opponent. Basically, Neon and Kid Psycho together isolate each individual member of the other team successively with Nemesis Kid, who takes them down one on one.

Team Three

3. Hmm... on the one hand you have Element Lad, who is one of the few characters who can easily take down Supergirl. However, the other two members of Team Five don't seem like they could stand up to other two members of Team Six. Once Jan takes out Kara, then he's pretty much up against both Zoe and Garth, and, while I think he could probably take out either one individually, I'm going to put my money on the two of them being too much for him.

Team Six

4. This is a tough one. I'm assuming Computo can take control of the fire jets, but that's pretty much useless against Laurel and Tinya. Rond might be able to take down Laurel, but in doing so he's probably vulnerable to attack by Tinya. And I don't see Chuck being all that effective in this battle.

Team Seven

Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
1. *Saturn Girl, Kono & Duplicate Damsel vs. *Impulse, White Witch & Colossal Boy in the Forest Stage

This is a tough one because arguably the two most powerful (in a non-punchy way) Legion femmes are in opposition here - Saturn Girl and White Witch. It will come down to which can take the other out first... and that's where White Witch has the edge since she has the Legion's resident speedster on her team - Impulse. The two of them will team up to take out Saturn Girl while Kono de-materialises Colossal Boy, rendering him ineffective. White Witch will then cast a spell on Kono to temporarily strip her of her powers, giving Impulse enough time to knock her out. This distracts White Witch long enough for Duplicate Damsel to surround her and take her down. Leaving Impulse vs. Duplicate Damsel. His speed vs. her duplication - a very close match-up. But if her duplications are infinite (which I think they are?) then there will have to come a point when the overwhelming fight tires him, enabling one of her many fresh bodies to take him down. It will be a loooooooonnnngg fight (with about a thousand unconscious Luornus scattered around the stage) but Duplicate Damsel will emerge the last Legionnaire standing. And who would have predicted that with those teammates and opponents?

*Saturn Girl, Kono & Duplicate Damsel for the win.

2. *Neon, Kid Psycho & Nemesis Kid vs. *Tyroc, Shikari & Chlorophyll Kid in the Maze Stage

One member from each team can easily find their way out of the maze (Neon and Shikari) but Neon can do so much more than Shikari, and her team is effectively already one down anyway since Chlorophyll Kid's powers will be severely limited in that environment. Tyroc's screams will be amplified by the walls of that stage, probably enabling him to knock out Kid Psycho, but then Nemesis Kid could take him out, leaving Neon to handily mop up Chlorophyll Kid and Shikari.

*Neon, Kid Psycho & Nemesis Kid for the win.

3. *Nightwind, Element Lad & Echo vs. *Kinetix, Lightning Lad & Supergirl in the Forest Stage

Kinetix is once again limited by the stage and not having any inanimate objects around to manipulate, so it's effectively 2 on 3 here. And Element Lad knows exactly how to take out a Kryptonian - turn all of the trees into kryptonite. Lightning Lad could then zap him from afar but Nightwind and Echo are also long range fighters, and make a great combination since her wind can keep their opponents off balance while his sound waves cut through it all, knocking them out.

*Nightwind, Element Lad & Echo for the win.

4. *Andromeda, Shrinking Violet & Phantom Girl vs. *Rond Vidar, Bouncing Boy & Computo on the Furnace Stage

Why couldn't this battle have been fought on the Laboratory Stage?!? [Frown] Then I would have definitely given it to Team Eight. As it is, I can see a couple of ways for them to take out one or (at most) two of the other team, but without computers for Computo to access, or walls for Bouncing Boy to build momentum bouncing off, they are severely disadvantaged. So it unfortunately has to be...

*Andromeda, Shrinking Violet & Phantom Girl for the win.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Third Round Battles
1. Team One: *Saturn Girl, Kono and Duplicate Damsel vs. Team Two: *Impulse, White Witch, and Colossal Boy in the Forest Stage

These are getting more difficult. I think Saturn Girl, Kono, and Duplicate Damsel are more cunning, and can figure out a nifty way to get the upper hand. Kono is ruthless, I think she can take down Mysa by surprising her, and Duplicate Damsel can check both Colossal Boy and Impulse. (It's never been shown just how fast or strong Impulse is. Unfortunately. )

Then there's always Imra.

Team One: *Saturn Girl, Kono and Duplicate Damsel

2. Team Three: *Neon, Kid Psycho, and Nemesis Kid vs. Team Four: *Tyroc, Shikari, and Chlorophyll Kid in the Maze Stage

Hmm, It would be interesting if it were a garden maze. Which is what I imagine it to be. I think Tyroc's team has an advantage because Shikari is on their team for the maze. Especially if they have to hunt each other down or start at different positions. I think Tyroc would take out Neon. He's tough, Celeste is too but pretty amateurish with her green energy powers. Shikari could go a few rounds with Nemesis Kid I think, she's wily, and might be able to *see* a way to dodge his powers or something ... but would eventually lose. Kid Psycho ... I just think he would die sooner or later. Or refuse to use his power that is killing him, I mean how many years does he have left??? So maybe Tyroc, Shikari, and Chlorophyll Kid could pull this out by mobbing Nemesis Kid.

Team Four: *Tyroc, Shikari, and Chlorophyll Kid

3. Team Five: *Nightwind, Element Lad, and Echo vs. Team Six: *Kinetix, Lightning Lad, and Supergirl in the Forest Stage

Element Lad would need to fabricate some kryptonite super fast, or some other cage or impediment for Supergirl. (which is highly possible he could keep her occupied or slow her down)

I'm going to give Lightning Lad major points for his experience, especially over Nightwind and Echo who have had very little panel time. He may be able to beat them both.

If push came to shove, I suppose Kinetix could transmute Echo, since he's artificial, and all those trees are just fodder for her use.

So with Echo and Nightwind outclassed, the three can take down Element Lad. This oen would be really close though ...

Team Six: *Kinetix, Lightning Lad, and Supergirl

4. Team Seven: *Andromeda, Shrinking Violet, and Phantom Girl vs. Team Eight: *Rond Vidar, Bouncing Boy, and Computo on the Furnace Stage

This is even more tough. Andromeda vs. Rond. I think Computo and Bouncing Boy would have a worse time with the fire than Shrinking Violet or Phantom Girl (even though Bouncing Boy is very agile)

Rond may have to divert some energy or thought to the fires where as Andromeda wouldn't even have to bother.

Shrinking Violet could punch out Computo and between her and Phantom Girl could figure something out for Bouncing Boy.

I think Andromeda, shown as such a toughie would eventually burn out Rond.

Team Seven: *Andromeda, Shrinking Violet, and Phantom Girl

[ November 27, 2011, 12:55 AM: Message edited by: Power Boy ]

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

WOW! I didn't think Kinetix would get in, what with only a 1/9 chance, but she did! That made my day!

quote:
Originally posted by Blacula:

Kinetix is once again limited by the stage and not having any inanimate objects around to manipulate,

quote:
Originally posted by Power Boy:

If push came to shove, I suppose Kinetix could transmute Echo, since he's artificial, and all those trees are just fodder for her use.

Btw - I think Kinetix's powers can also affect animate creatures. In Legionnaires 36 she slammed the Empress into a wall; Legionnaires 39 she was able to telekinetically lift Karate Kid; in Legionnaires 50 she shoved Mordru with her powers; and in Legionnaires 65 she lifted several Dark Circle soldiers at once.

She should certainly be able to affect trees and dirt [Smile]

Battles:

Man, this is tough. White Witch is the perfect "weapon" against Saturn Girl AND Kono. Question is, can Kent and Gim stall them long enough for Mysa to do her work?

If it were Mysa vs. Imra or Mysa vs. Kono ONLY, Team Two stands a decent chance. But Mysa vs. BOTH Imra and Kono? And let's not forget DD.

DD can take out Kent while Kono concentrates on Gim, and all Imra has to do is keep Mysa occupied long enough for the other two to finish THEIR battles and gang up on her. And in a Forest Stage...

Team One: *Saturn Girl, Kono and Duplicate Damsel

Another tough one. Chlorophyll Kid has little to work with, so that leaves Tyroc and Kari.

Shikari can get them to safety, but their only hope is to overwhelm Nemesis Kid together. Still, with Kari's pathfinding abilities the three of them should be able to find each of the other's one by one and take them out.

Plus, Nemesis Kid's powers only work if someone is actively attacking him. They won't be much help getting him out of the maze.

Team Four: *Tyroc, Shikari, and Chlorophyll Kid

Whew! This is interesting. Nightwind and Echo are much less effective in a Forest Stage. Berta is powerful enough to topple a few trees, but that just lets the other team know where they are. Echo's sound powers will be less effective because of all the trees.

Element Lad can take out Supergirl by transmuting everything into kryptonite, but I think she should be able to take out Echo or Nightwind at least before then. Plus, Jan has to find her, whereas Kara can easily find - and avoid - him. She can also give Zoe and Garth info on where those two are.

If this were on the island stage, I'd give it to Jan's team, but in the forest...

Team Six: *Kinetix, Lightning Lad, and Supergirl

Ohh... Poor Computo is helpless once more. Even if the jets of fire are controlled by computers, her enemies can all avoid it. So it's just Chuck and Rond vs. the other three. Even if Rond can stall Andromeda, Vi and Tinya can work together to bypass his ring. Poor Chuck doesn't stand a chance against a single one of them.

Team Seven: *Andromeda, Shrinking Violet, and Phantom Girl

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Third Round Battle Winners
1. Team One: *Saturn Girl, Kono and Duplicate Damsel
2. Team Four: *Tyroc, Shikari, and Chlorophyll Kid
3. Team Six: *Kinetix, Lightning Lad, and Supergirl
4. Team Seven: *Andromeda, Shrinking Violet, and Phantom Girl

Sorry for the delay between the deadline the calculation of votes. The Internet connection in my dorm room can be pretty bad at times.

Round Four Battles
1.Team One: Kono, Chlorophyll Kid, and *Saturn Girl vs. Team Two: *Kinetix, Shikari, and Phantom Girl on the Rumble Stage
2. Team Three: Lightning Lad, *Andromeda, and Shrinking Violet vs. Team Four: Supergirl, Duplicate Damsel, and *Tyroc on the Furnace Stage

The deadline to submit votes is December 1st at 11:30 Central Time. Thank you for your participation.

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Wow, I like these matchups. Kono vs. Tinya; Laurel vs. Kara. They're quite evenly-matched.

1.Team One: Kono, Chlorophyll Kid, and *Saturn Girl vs. Team Two: *Kinetix, Shikari, and Phantom Girl on the Rumble Stage

Playing on a soccer field gives Chlor an advantage he normally wouldn't, so that's a plus. Chlor + Imra + Kono give Team One three long-ranged fighters, vs. only Zoe for Team Two.

I can see Kono and Tinya going head to head, but Kono easily has an advantage here. I doubt even Tinya would be immune to Kono's powers, unless I'm missing something.

If it comes down to Ral vs. Zoe, Zoe is easily more versatile. I'll give this one to Zoe.

However, Imra vs. Kari will definitely go to Imra. Heck, one-on-one, Imra can beat anyone on the other team...

Poor Zoe can't beat both Imra and Kono.

Much as I'd like Team Two to make it, I'll have to give this to Team One...

Team One: Kono, Chlorophyll Kid, and *Saturn Girl

2. Team Three: Lightning Lad, *Andromeda, and Shrinking Violet vs. Team Four: Supergirl, Duplicate Damsel, and *Tyroc on the Furnace Stage

Whew! Tough call.

Let's say Laurel and Kara battle each other. Tyroc and Lu together can overwhelm Garth, which leaves Violet. Violet can take out Tyroc, but that will leave Lu vs. Violet, neither of whom can really do much to each other. Vi can attack Lu, who keeps making more duplicates. In return, Lu can't do anything to microscopic Vi.

If I were Lu or Vi, I'd turn my attention to interfering in the Kara/Laurel battle.

Now, no matter how many Luornu's there are, they can't really do anything to Andy, and it's not as if there's a phantom zone projector lying around...

On the other hand, Violet can go for Supergirl. What I don't know is whether she can do anything - Kara's invulnerability would extend to her cells, right?

Tough call, but since Adventure Era lore always said Mon-El was stronger than Superboy, I'll give this to the Andromeda + Violet tandem.

Team Three: Lightning Lad, *Andromeda, and Shrinking Violet

--------------------

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

I just want to say first of all how cool it is that Tinya and Shrinking Violet have made it this far.

Round Four Battles

Rumble stage is a brawl stage ...

I think Saturn Girl just lets loose immediately stunning or incapacitating them, she can also project illusions into their minds to misdirect them. And she's smart enough to think of these tricks too. She's one of the only ones that can take down Tinya.

Chlorophyll Kid could entangle the others especially if he still carries around those seeds ... more importantly Kono can also take down every other member of the team with a few hand waves.

Kinetix is the most problematic for the other team but I think Saturn Girl would act faster. and Kono checks Kinetix almost.

Sorry I love *Kinetix, Shikari, and Phantom Girl

but

Team One: Kono, Chlorophyll Kid, and *Saturn Girl wins.

I think Andromeda is just stronger than Supergirl. From what I've seen in the comics and Andromeda is always depicted as a body builder 7' tall type, where as Kara is not.

However, Shrinking Violet and Duplicate Damsel check each other, I think Vi might eventually lose unless she hides and picks them off but that could take forever, I'm curious to see if Tyroc can take down a Shrinking Vi with sound waves, or if she could give him an aneurism first ?

Lightning Lad versus Tyroc, tough, Garth has way more experience and would win in a battle of energy blasts versus sound blasts but tyroc can teleport (right?) iI still believe he can pull at least some of these stunts even if writers now just use him as a Banshee of the X-Men type.

I think Andromeda would pull it out.

I think I'm give Garth a *founders have more experience give away ... * Nah forget it, Tyroc was awesome in the 5yg. TYROC!

SCREW IT! Tyroc takes down Garth moves on to helping Duplicate Damsel with Vi and is one of the few Legionnaires that can take down a weak Andromeda from her battle with Supergirl.

(unfortunately I think the furnace stage especially limits Duplicate Damsel like no other legionnaire. She couldn't duplicate more than a few (5 to 10) or she'd be over crowding the area and burning herself up. Large Vi too but at least she only has to worry about one of her selves and can shrink to easily avoid it. this is still enough to keep Vi busy though)

Team Four: Supergirl, Duplicate Damsel, and *Tyroc on the Furnace Stage

(I really wanted to see Garth versus Imra [Frown] )

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.