Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » LSH Tournament (FINAL ROUND) (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: LSH Tournament (FINAL ROUND)
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Once again, voting before reading anyone else's.

1. Kono, Chlorophyll Kid & *Saturn Girl vs. *Kinetix, Shikari & Phantom Girl on the Rumble Stage

Kinetix is the biggest threat on her team so Saturn Girl will take her down immediately. Kono is more powerful than Phantom Girl so she'll win that battle but Shikari will probably be able to weave through all the flora hazards Chorophyll Kid throws in her way to knock him out. She won't then be able to overcome his two teammates on her own though so...

Kono, Chlorophyll Kid & *Saturn Girl for the win.

2. Lightning Lad, *Andromeda & Shrinking Violet vs. Supergirl, Duplicate Damsel & *Tyroc on the Furnace Stage

This is a tough one. Let's start with the blonde power-houses since they'll obviously go head-to-head. I think they're evenly matched in terms of strength/speed/etc. but I think Supergirl might have a few extra abilities like her super-brain, super-breath and some of her vision powers (or does Andromeda have all them too? I can't remember.) But Andromeda strikes me as more willing to fight a little rougher. Hmmm. I actually can't predict a winner between these two so it will come down to whichever one has more teammates left to help them out.

I see the other match-ups going one of two ways -

1) Tyroc screams first and knocks out Shrinking Violet (because I don't think she can shrink down smaller than sound waves). Lightning Lad then takes him out but this gives Duplicate Damsel the opportunity to overwhelm him and then assist Supergirl to a win.

2) Lightning Lad electrifies Tyroc first while Shrinking Violet assists Andromeda by shrinking down and shutting down Supergirl's super-brain. Duplicate Damsel overwhelms him but then is no match for the speed AND strength of Andromeda.

So it all comes down to whether Lightning Lad or Tyroc can be first off the mat. And, unfortunately, you always see the lightning before you hear the thunder so...

Lightning Lad, *Andromeda & Shrinking Violet for the win.

[ November 30, 2011, 03:04 AM: Message edited by: Blacula ]

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
1.Team One: Kono, Chlorophyll Kid, and *Saturn Girl vs. Team Two: *Kinetix, Shikari, and Phantom Girl on the Rumble Stage

Well, Phantom Girl has survived quite awhile in virtue of the fact that she's pretty much impossible to take down by any physical attack, but here we have someone who can attack her non-physically, so Imra basically takes Tinya out of it. Kono takes down Shikari with extra mass. Ral makes stuff grow, but that just gives Zoe more stuff to telekinetically manipulate and use against him. But Zoe isn't going to be a match for both Kono and Imra once it's all over.

So... Kono, Chlorophyll Kid, and *Saturn Girl

2. Team Three: Lightning Lad, *Andromeda, and Shrinking Violet vs. Team Four: Supergirl, Duplicate Damsel, and *Tyroc on the Furnace Stage

This is a difficult one. I'm actually thinking the two blonde powerhouses are pretty much even, so it comes down to the other four. Vi might sneak up on one of Lu, but the moment she grows another one will take her down. And if she grows, the Lu's overwhelm her, Liliputian style (plus furnace environment is probably not ideal for giants).

LL versus Tyroc is difficult to call, since they are both potentially long-range fighters, and neither is really helped or hindered by the environment. Lightning travels faster than sound, however, so I'm going to give it to Garth.

This, however, creates a dilemma, because Tyroc and Vi were the ones who were most likely to be useful in breaking the stalemate between the two powerhouses. I'm going to suggest, however, that after dispatching Vi, Lu sends some of her bodies to fight Garth, which doesn't really accomplish much, but sends others up to aid in the Laurel/Kara battle, which doesn't really accomplish much either, but distracts Laurel enough that Kara scores a victory, and then takes down Garth.

Supergirl, Duplicate Damsel, and *Tyroc

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Hello everyone! The Internet in my room has been inconsistent lately, so I apologize for the wait. The second battle had to be decided by a coin toss.

Round Four Results
1.Team One: Kono, Chlorophyll Kid, and *Saturn Girl
2. Team Four: Supergirl, Duplicate Damsel, and *Tyroc

Final Battle
Please take your time before you vote. Please refer to the first thread which lists which versions of the characters are competing in the Tournament. Feel free to ask questions in the Discussion thread.

Team One: Supergirl, Kono, and *Tyroc vs. Team Two: Duplicate Damsel, *Saturn Girl, and Chlorophyll Kid on the Rumble Stage

The current deadline is December 3rd at 1:30 P.M Central Time, but may be extended if serious problems occur.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
This has been a fun game and can I just say how thrilled I am to see Tyroc, Duplicate Damsel and especially Chlorophyll Kid make it this far!

---

Supergirl, Kono & *Tyroc vs. Duplicate Damsel, *Saturn Girl & Chlorophyll Kid on the Rumble Stage

Like that battle in the previous round, I see this fight going one of two ways. However, unlike the previous battle, both of those ways have the same outcome.

1) Saturn Girl is her team's heavy hitter so Tyroc's team will need to go for her first, and luckily for them, they have super-speed on their side. Supergirl takes out Saturn Girl before she can get a mental command off. Chlorophyll Kid throws some plants in the others' way but Kono moves through them and neutralises him. Duplicate Damsel sends her bodies after Tyroc but, no matter how many bodies she has, they're all affected by a single scream - and with that, Tyroc takes them all out.

or

2) Saturn Girl is able to get her command off before Supergirl gets to her. I don't think she has the power to control the super-brain of a Kryptonian though so she will know to control Kono instead, and get her to de-materialise Supergirl, thus forcing Kono to take her own strongest ally out of the fight. Tyroc is no slouch either though and the great thing about his power is that it is long-range and, unlike a number of his team-mates' long-range abilities, can affect a number of opponents at once. So, seeing how the battle is turning, he takes a step back and screams at all of his opponents together - making sure to at least take out Saturn Girl and Kono. Even if Chlorophyll Kid and/or Duplicate Damsel are able to evade his first scream, all Tyroc has to do is dodge Chlorophyll Kid's plants and keep out of Duplicate Damsel's reach long enough to let off one more scream. Which he is smart and capable enough to do. And with that...

Supergirl, Kono & *Tyroc for the win.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Ditto.

I had to read the previous post this time before writing my own ... but I was thinking the same thing ...

I think Supergirl is just plain faster than Imra's telepathic blasts or control. Even if it takes Imra only a second or two, or the time it takes to say a word to activate her powers. Kara can already run her down. Besides Kara has an enhanced brain and very strong will, I doubt Imra could do more than stun or slow her. At least in the short term. (furthermore I assume super speed comes with super reflexes so Kara could also activate her super speed powers before Saturn Girl can access her telepathy)

Meanwhile Tyroc, even without his reality warping abilities can wipe out a lot of the competition.

This isn't actually Kono's greatest match up, she can dodge through Chlorophyll Kid's attempts to grab her, as well as Duplicate Damsels attempts but there's too much going on for her to take down more than one or two of Lu's duplicates and/or Chlorophyll Kid. (Unless she starts killing them by phasing them into the ground, the shock value alone would ruin the battle. LOL. )

In short, trying to take down Supergirl can check Saturn Girl long enough for Kono and Tyroc to mow down the duplicates and Chlorophyll Kid.

If this were a maze round, or lab or something, Saturn Girl could evade or hide while she picks off the others but in this brawl stage I see Supergirl and/or Tyroc trying to steam roll her first.

quote:
Originally posted by Blacula:

2) Saturn Girl is able to get her command off before Supergirl gets to her. I don't think she has the power to control the super-brain of a Kryptonian though so she will know to control Kono instead, and get her to de-materialise Supergirl, thus forcing Kono to take her own strongest ally out of the fight. ]

NICE THINKING btw!

I could see her commanding everyone to take down Supergirl but I just don't think she has the time. Maybe post boot Imra could.

Supergirl, Kono & *Tyroc for the win.

[ December 01, 2011, 09:44 PM: Message edited by: Power Boy ]

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Team One: Supergirl, Kono, and *Tyroc vs. Team Two: Duplicate Damsel, *Saturn Girl, and Chlorophyll Kid on the Rumble Stage

Whoo! What a fun matchup.

If Kono and Imra were on the same team, they could definitely take down Supergirl. As it is, though, Imra has to contend with both Kono and Kara... I think that if she takes down one, the other will take her out instead.

Let's say Imra manages to blast Kara first. Kono then takes Imra out.

So that leaves Tyroc and Kono vs. DD and Chlor.

Let's assume DD has like a hundred duplicates out by now (I wonder what her upper limit is, anyway?) Tyroc's powers can take out multiples, but Kono is limited to one enemy at a time. Chlor can grow plants to act as a shield.

Tyroc would run interference while Kono goes for Chlor. She then takes Chlor out of the game and starts taking out DD; but she gets overconfident and DD takes her out.

Tyroc vs. DD, then.

As long as Tyroc can watch his back, he should be able to take out DD by himself. He doesn't even have to "aim" at her to win!

Supergirl, Kono, Tyroc

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, there's several ways this could go, but they all seem to go the way of Team One. Unless we assume that Imra can just take out all three of the members of the other team at once, she's pretty much vulnerable to either of the other two, and I don't see her teammates really being able to help her much. Lu's duplicates just become fodder for Kono's power, and she can redirect their mass to take down Ral. Meanwhile, Tyroc takes down any remaining Lu duplicates plus Imra.

So, it's Supergirl, Kono, and Tyroc for the win.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Congratulations to the winners of the LSH Tournament! They are: Team One: Supergirl, Kono, and *Tyroc. Thank you for your participation and I hope to see you all in the LSV Tournament. If the next few Tournaments are as successful, you may see the winners again.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Wonderful! Thanks, Emily. Can't wait - the villains are more bloodthirsty so it should be interesting to see how their battles turn out.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.