Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » The Know Your Legion Worlders Game - Round Six! (Page 26)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 42 pages: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  ...  40  41  42   
Author Topic: The Know Your Legion Worlders Game - Round Six!
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
3) Glee (season 2)

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Ah! I don't have to repost the list on the new page.

Kent has it. I'm on disc 4 now. It's OK. Not sure if I will watch all the seasons, but I have the rest of season 1 and all of season 2 in my queue.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
mix and match time! Each one from Column A corresponds to only one from Column B. As this is more complicated than usual, I'll confirm actual correct answers as we go along (rather than saying, 'Ibby has one right," I'll say which one).

A.
1. I once was thrown out of...
2. I once had the official tour of...
3. I once walked to the top of...
4. I have poked around without permission in...
5. I once had to step over a dead body in...
6. My cell phone went off at an embarrassing moment in...
7. I once attended a staff party in...
8. The closest I have ever, to the best of my knowledge, been close to a sitting president of the USA was right next to...

a. Notre-Dame Basilica, Montreal.
b. the state Capitol, Albany, NY
c. the Berlin Hauptbahnhoff (main train station)
d. The US Capitol, Washington, DC
e. a Cold War-era US Army bunker in the Bronx
f. the Lincoln Memorial, Washington, DC
g. Glastonbury Tor, England
h. The White House, Washington, DC

ADDED: The final correct answer must list all 8 correct answers.

[ October 05, 2012, 10:39 PM: Message edited by: Kent Shakespeare ]

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Are your exam questions like this, Kent? [Razz]

1 e
2 h
3 a
4 b
5 c
6 f
7 g
8 d

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Ibby has correct:
2 h
April 2008. It was a couple days after Pope Benny's visit, and already pics of him and W were up in the gallery.
5 c
June 1990. I thought I was stepping over a passed out homeless person, leaving the men's room. While waiting for my mom, the paramedics came and took him away... sheet over face. Weird that he plopped down and died while I was in the can.
8 d.
March 1991. Daddy Bush's motorcade went by, as I exited a building across the street, having left a congressional panel with then-Sen. Paul Simon (bow-tie guy, not the musician).

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

As a TA, Ibby, I do not make exams. But if I did... no matching, no multiple choice. Mostly essay; that's where you show your own thought.
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Hear, hear to that. Multiple choice exams are mostly about pattern recognition, and rarely about understanding.

1 b
3 g
4 e
6 a
7 f

2 h
5 c
8 d

--------------------

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Ibby has correct:

3g.
September 1991. It was a longer walk than I had imagined. It was a beautiful late afternoon; I lingered around until early evening. As an Arthurian buff, it was an amazing thing to do.
4e.
There was an underground tunnel system designed to facilitate evac and control in the event of a nuke war. This facility, long abandoned, was in the basement of another institution, sealed off due to asbestos contamination rather than security (it was all obsolete. If one followed one tunnel to its end, the doors were padlocked; i'd seen the other end previously without knowing where the doors went or why they existed).
6a.
I was a driver for a student trip, so all participants had m cell #. We had an agreed-iupon meet0up point, so i was not expecting a call. On the one night of the week the church is open and free to all, for the public to watch a formal mass, my phone went off! someone wanted to double-check the meet-up time/place.

almost done already! Next person should have it.

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

I reached Glastonbury Tor, and have promptly placed it on my places-to-visit list. It looks quite amazing.

1 f
7 b

2 h
3 g
4 e
5 c
6 a
8 d

--------------------

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

1f.
March 1991. I was hanging with some acquaintances from NYC one evening. We were walking across Washington, from east of the Capitol all the way to the LM. We decided at some point to start singing the entirety of "Pink Floyd - The Wall." We were finishing up as we walked up the final few steps into the LM, and as we finished my peers let out a loud howl. We were pretty much alone there, but out of nowhere stepped a security guard,who ordered us all out.
7b.
Ihad a friend who worked in the PR dept for then-gov Mario Cuomo. Myself and another friend got to attend the office Xmas party (Mario wasn't there).

Go, Ibby!

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

You sure had a lot of colorful trips, Kent!

Which of these is false?

1) A piece of scrap metal fell off a truck and blew out the tires of the van I was driving in Los Angeles.
2) I pushed Blaze off a tree in Subic Bay, Philippines.
3) I snuck into a temple in Hanoi, Vietnam, after midnight during their mid-Autumn Festival.
4) A cashier laughed at a joke I made in Philadelphia.
5) A local asked to borrow my workout book in the Maldives.
6) I got to hold an Arctic fox while visiting an ice city in Harbin, China.
7) A local asked to take me home in Jakarta, Indonesia.
8) I spent about a week each living in college dorms in both New York and Washington D.C.
9) A deer bit me in Nara, Japan.
10) I met up with an old college classmate in the burial caves of Sagada, Philippines.
11) I got splashed on by a giant catfish in Lake Tonle Sap, Cambodia.
12) I rubbed guano on my ex-girlfriend's shoulder in the Biak-na-Bato caves, Philippines.
13) I argued with a waitress who took my ginseng chicken away before I was done in Seoul, South Korea.
14) Since none of my companions were brave enough, I ended up doing the reverse bungy in Singapore with two total strangers.
15) I ended up babysitting two kids while seeing the terracotta warriors in Xian, China.

--------------------

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

9) A deer bit me in Nara, Japan.
Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
13) I argued with a waitress who took my ginseng chicken away before I was done in Seoul, South Korea.

--------------------
LSH Archives Vol.3 • Part 2

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
3) I snuck into a temple in Hanoi, Vietnam, after midnight during their mid-Autumn Festival.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Novelty   Author's Homepage   Email Novelty         Edit/Delete Post     
14) Since none of my companions were brave enough, I ended up doing the reverse bungy in Singapore with two total strangers.

--------------------
Exnihil: Novelty, if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull"

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 42 pages: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  ...  40  41  42   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.