Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » MadroX and X-Factor Investigations (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  27  28  29   
Author Topic: MadroX and X-Factor Investigations
PolarBoy
Drunk in 4 different threads

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PolarBoy   Email PolarBoy         Edit/Delete Post     
also I think this team needs husk (does she still have powers?)

--------------------
:polarboy:

From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Wow -- so apparently "X-Factor" #1 has sold out! Good going David/Sook!! Who'dathunk a book fronted by The Multiple Man would be big? Now if only Sunfire could get his own title...
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Polar Rhino:

Dunno. She had a cameo, in-costume, in Day After, but nothing that said anything either way about her power-status.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
This might be my pick for tightest script/best written piece of work PAD has produced in ten years--and trust, I'm a PAD fan.

Totally awesome. I can't wait for me. Talk about hooking in readers!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rurouni KJS
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rurouni KJS   Email Rurouni KJS         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Polar Rhino:

If anyone needed to be "deciMated" it's Paige Guthrie. Stupid, nonsensical powers wasted on an otherwise decent character (or at least she was before they paired her up with Warren of all people -- the heck was that all about-- talk about nonsense).

--------------------
-- Still here to help.

From: ATL, fool!!! WHAT!!! | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
X-Factor #2 is supposed to come out next week. Now that's what I call service. [Big Grin]

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Arachne:
X-Factor #2 is supposed to come out next week. Now that's what I call service. [Big Grin]

Well, #1 was a fortnight late, so...

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I finally got to my local comic shop yesterday after being a way for a month-and-a-half, and X-Factor #1 and #2 were waiting for me in my pull box.

Truly awesome, probably the best comics I've read since I returned to comics back in March of this year (and how fitting that I read them just before the year ended.) Even better than Peter David's early-90s stories with some of the same characters! Now I've gotta look for the Madrox mini-series TPB!

If Peter David wasn't working for Marvel, I would read even fewer Marvel books than I already do. If his dropping Hulk helped X-Factor turn out this good, then I'm no longer upset that his second Hulk run ended so quickly.

Has anyone else gotten #2 yet?

[ April 12, 2006, 08:09 AM: Message edited by: Stealth ]

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I picked up issue #2 yesterday. I also noted that Sook is sharing the art chores already. The second artist (I can't recall the name dagnabbit) managed to maintain Sook's style for the rest of the book. It wasn't distracting, just discouraging.

As for the story, a fun read to be sure. Rictor's fall from the building ended as expected... And Jamie faced off against his delinquent dupe. Siryn and Guido talked with Layla Miller. Monet made her appearance, with a quaint joke about her codeletter.

I liked the tone of the book. It's not jokey, but still has a lighthearted feel to it. PAD really got across how arrogant Monet is, and I liked her relating to the rest of the crew.

The case Siryn worked on, and our sneak peek at Singularity (I'm sorry, but that name has to have something to do with Jamie being the Multiple Man,) have me hooked. I want to know more.

My only complaint is Layla. I'm not sure who suggested using her, PAD or the editor; but her constant "I know stuff" bugged me.

[ December 30, 2005, 11:08 AM: Message edited by: CJ Taylor ]

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I liked Layla, but agree that the "I know stuff" will get annoying if used constantly. I hope that once the character gets established in the office, that line will be dropped.

Is she from another book? I thought she was a new character, although I am not up on all the mutants Marvel had.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Layla Miller is the dues ex machina character. She was created (literally) during "House of M" -- she's the personification of the side of Wanda that realized what she was doing was wrong and helped the heroes set things right. What she really is and what she's doing here needs to be addressed soon because her function as instigator and know it all bugs me and screams "lazy writing" to me. I'm sure David has something in mind...

This book is reminding me a lot of "Angel". Layla functions as Cordy's visions, Jamie's newfound lack of trustworthiness is akin to Angel/Angelus, Guido is Gunn - the muscle, Rictor is Wesley - fired from the council with nowhere to go, M functions as the standard Joss Whedon "team member whose selfishness and lack of genuine concern for what's going on allows her to say inappropriate and funny lines". And I almost expect David to make Rahne a lesbain a la Willow. This isn't a bad thing per se, it's just something I noticed (oh yeah, and Singularity = Wolfram & Hart)

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
X-FACTOR #2 Rictor, with his gas station heroics, is the star, for me thus far. I already knew that PAD had Jamie Madrox down cold, and now the ex-(?)mutant can be added to the list. A lot of thought appears to have gone into Siryn, but as yet I'm not sold on her take here. Same for Rahne. Layla is too much associated with HOUSE OF M (not a good thing, for me). M I think will be a good fit for PAD. Strong Guy gets funny lines and is obviously a character that PAD is fond of writing.

I really wish Polaris, Havok and Quicksilver (the rest of the 'old' PAD X-Factor) could be freed up to appear in this title. I guess they're a generation removed from the cast, as it is. Truthfully, I can't quite imagine Alex as a private eye-- though I can see Pietro and Lorna working for XXX.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Another great issue. I've been reading about Rictor since New Mutants and no one's ever made me care about him as much as I have in these two issues.

I'd like to see the rest of PAD's first X-Factor, too, but maybe not as cast. Some references now and then they're keeping in touch would be nice.

Still not crazy about Layla Miller, but I may be able to put up with her as long as they're not sending her on missions or letting her get kidnapped every few issues.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Definitely agree about Rictor Archane! He's never been more than a blip on my radar. I mean, seriously, the guy had a mullet. Need I say more...?

quote:
Originally posted by Arachne:
I may be able to put up with her as long as they're not sending her on missions or letting her get kidnapped every few issues.

[LOL] Then she'd be the new Jubilee! [Wink] (Kidding, I kid... mostly...)

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Thoughts on #1.

I was never a big Peter David X-Factor fan. Still I liked #1. Ofcourse, Rictor was a fave of mine and seeing him lose his powers I didn't care for. But atleast he is being used!

First issue was pretty good. I like when Peter doesn't do too much comedy.

Rictor started off as a Vibe rip off it seems. Then he had the Lifeld mullet. Then it got interesting when rumors of something going on between him and Shatterstar. Now he is powerless...the character is a survivor. Now I hope he sticks around.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  27  28  29   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.