Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » DAWN of the $4 COMIC/soaring gas prices = dropping titles (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: DAWN of the $4 COMIC/soaring gas prices = dropping titles
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I saw a DEAD @ 17 on the shelf today and liked the cover, almost thought about giving it a flip-thru. Maybe I will next time...

Cobie, thanks for the advice... I will read your reviews!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm scratching my head here over the combo of price hikes and DC's apparent desire to NOT steer most readers into waiting for trades to come out.

Uh... Okay. [No] Maybe if I smoked more weed went to business school that would make some kind of sense.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I'll keep pointing you towards them! A lot are definitely worth a try.

The Robert Kirkman / Todd McFarlane series Haunt is also $2.99 and I've been enjoying that as well...

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I suppose anyone who wasn't gung-ho about Superman being re-inserted into the LSH mythos should be happy about it now.

Hopefully the Levitz/Superman combo (coupled with what I feel will be steadily improving story and art) will keep the LSH safe for a while...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, I hope so as well. It'll be interesting to see if because of the restored Superman connection, the Legion can regain a prominent place among the DC titles by default is a slew of other franchises are canceled.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
To be fair, I've read the article and nowhere in it does it state that all titles are automatically going up to $3.99 immediately. But yes, it'll probably gradually get to the point where Marvel is, with at least 75-80% of their books at that price point. DC regularly gets throttled by Marvel in sales, largely because most of DC's titles are three-quarters Marvel's regular price, and STILL fans keep buying Marvel's books.

DC's held the line as long as it could, but ultimately big corporations are about big profits. It was inevitable, I suppose. I applaud DC for doing what it could to hold the price point as long as it did or attempt to give us more story for our extra dollar. I just hope the shift is gradual and doesn't turn line-wide overnight.

Otherwise, it'll be a drop-apaloossa and TBP-apaloosa for me.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.